A note on Landon Ibieta

Bama isn’t starting Slade Bolden? Clemson didn’t win a title with Hunter Renfrow?

We need more no-doubt, elite WR prospects. But this kid is also a good addition. Both can be true.
Who do you take, him or Quan?
Not sure when you became a stereotype, but lol.

You now think it’s proof of something that people you disagree with elsewhere, disagree with you here, too?

You have no logical arguments here, and your pope analogy is ridiculous. If you bothered to learn about this kid you’d know that he’s not Pope. His strengths are different. Maybe his weaknesses, too. Pope ran a 10.5 100M and was cat quick twitchy. He also is frail, doesn’t like contact, didn’t use his hand or body well, and wasn’t known as a downfield blocker. You seem to think that all kids who play 7-7 are somehow alike because … potato.

Whether this kid is a good eval is a legit question. But athletically, a 4.5 flat 40 and 37” vertical (as a HS junior) puts him right there with top level prospects. Unless you have reason to disagree, he also plays the position well relative to most prospects - body use, hands, blocking). Maybe he’s not short area quick enough to create separation - but his short shuttle is cery
good.

What exactly is it you’re down on with him?
Who do you take, him or Quan?

Advertisement
He looks like a hard-nosed competitor who has pretty good athletic ability and understanding of the position. If he has a chip on his shoulder, he might wind up being a really good player for us. He’s definitely worthy of an offer and some hype.

Bama isn’t starting Slade Bolden? Clemson didn’t win a title with Hunter Renfrow?

We need more no-doubt, elite WR prospects. But this kid is also a good addition. Both can be true.
Didn't Renfrow walk-on? Are we offering Ibieta as PW? Are we now making the exceptions, the rule?

Those guys were lottery tickets for those programs that hit without risk bc they didn't use a scholly initially.Yet here we are taking up a spot on a kid that would be a walk on at any respectable P5 program.

Not sure when you became a stereotype, but lol.

You now think it’s proof of something that people you disagree with elsewhere, disagree with you here, too?

You have no logical arguments here, and your pope analogy is ridiculous. If you bothered to learn about this kid you’d know that he’s not Pope. His strengths are different. Maybe his weaknesses, too. Pope ran a 10.5 100M and was cat quick twitchy. He also is frail, doesn’t like contact, didn’t use his hand or body well, and wasn’t known as a downfield blocker. You seem to think that all kids who play 7-7 are somehow alike because … potato.

Whether this kid is a good eval is a legit question. But athletically, a 4.5 flat 40 and 37” vertical (as a HS junior) puts him right there with top level prospects. Unless you have reason to disagree, he also plays the position well relative to most prospects - body use, hands, blocking). Maybe he’s not short area quick enough to create separation - but his short shuttle is cery
good.

What exactly is it you’re down on with him?
Lmao your a joke I'm not going back fourth with you. There will be alot of "I told you so's" in the future.

Advertisement
Bama and Clemson probably aren't offering for the same reason I didn't think this kid was a take before watching his film - he doesn't LOOK like an elite athlete in shorts and a t-shirt.

My mind was changed when I watched his film. Check it out yourself before you decide.

Any info on the QB, has a good arm.

Advertisement
Eric Decker was a very good outside WR in his prime.

Drew Bennett, Chad Hansen, that tall dude on the Falcons in the early 2000s, Riley Cooper racist **** trash, the lanky Georgia receiver who was on the Lions, Scotty Miller. Probably more I can't remember.

Steve Largent, one of the best to ever lace them up. He played inside and outside.

I know I'm late...
But there is 100% a stigma surrounding white skill players. I watched it first hand with Restrepo's recruitment.

A kid can have all the elite measureables, good tape, etc...and most major P5 schools will STILL not recruit him.
Why do yall think there's so many white WR's in the NFL but almost none in major P5 football? (Renfrow was a walk-on)
The major P5's generally won't recruit them and many times they end up balling out at smaller schools.

Most schools also will not (or cannot) take a chance on a lower ranked kid. Boosters and fans expect expect their schools to sign the best of the best, and they pay attention to recruiting. If you reach for too many "hidden gems" and they don't pan out, you're gonna get your a$$ fired. These big schools want to win the off-season almost as bad as they want to win the regular season. Many of these schools are mainly just recruiting by stars and rankings these days. The only schools that get the benefit of the doubt when recruiting hidden gems are Bama, Clemson, teams that are competing for NC's. But the thing is, they generally don't need to recruit hidden gems cause they got bigger fish to fry. They can have almost anybody they want.

With that said...I'm willing to give Likens the benefit of the doubt on recruiting for the same reason people give the benefit of the doubt to Clemson/Bama... he's had 1st round WR's so I'm assuming he knows what a stud college WR looks like.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Eric Decker was a very good outside WR in his prime.

Drew Bennett, Chad Hansen, that tall dude on the Falcons in the early 2000s, Riley Cooper racist **** trash, the lanky Georgia receiver who was on the Lions, Scotty Miller. Probably more I can't remember.
Please tell me you don't mean Brian Finneran???

Advertisement
Back