A note on Landon Ibieta

I like both kids honestly...I'm not sure they are the exact 2 I want in a 2 man WR class as neither is a #1. But I really think both kids can play.

Advertisement
Ibieta tested earlier this year. The numbers aren’t publicly available, but colleges can access them through a paid service. Here are the results:

5’11 5/8, 182 lbs
4.51 forty (laser)
4.03 shuttle
37 inch vert

buy-for-a-dollar-sell-for-two.jpg

@DMoney , When were those testing numbers taken? There's a You Tube out there from January where they claim he's run a 4.44. Does anyone know if he's gotten bigger and faster? Happens all the time for late bloomers, and this Landon seems to fit the definition of a late bloomer.

2:43 PM.

Partly cloudy skies.

Advertisement
Advertisement
JT4 was elite, and still could've been elite had Enos made him the #1 target and had Rosier been able to deliver the ball...horrible comparison......Keyshawn Smitty is still in development, Years 2 and 3 will be telling....Harley, all the respect in the world for how he's turned it around since middle of last year, BUT Harley HS film wasn't exactly blow coaches away material....he had speed and played good competition so you take the gamble plus he's a high character kid so off the field stuff is almost guaranteed to be non-existent.....
Came to post the same thing for @JOE'CANE

JT4 had the talent to go anywhere.. but his off the field stuff was so bad that it kept only the most desperate from taking him.

Keyshawn has shown some flashes yes but nothing of substance. His HS film was average to above average with measurables that matched.

Funniest one like you said was Harley… dudes film in HS was exactly what we got the first two/three seasons from him. Just a speedy WR who wins with minimal contact at the LOS and is almost a one trick WR with the go route but of course Harley has taken two big steps forward with his route tree and hands.

Kid looks like a tough receiver with great hands and body control.

Having said that, I'm not going to say he's better than Berrios who had a fine showing here. Same with a Restrepo comparison. I don't need to validate his verbal like that.

Should he put pen to paper, we'll see what he's got. I don't get all giggity like that off of a verbal.

Advertisement
Some quotes from the LSU board on Ibieta:

Kid was amazing today at camp!! Won’t be surprised if he’s offered today!!

Was 5’11 191lbs today

Tiger Details said he was the best player in the afternoon session.

Couldn't run through the workouts for some reason though. Said he would have impressed, as he has legitimate track speed. Jimmy knows him from the Bootleggers im pretty sure

Watched this kid play basketball at Pelican Park several years ago when my son was playing in the same league, you could see it back then, he was on a whole different level than the other kids. Very gifted athlete with tremendous body control. Would love to see him in P&G

Ibieta is super twitchy and explosive with great hands. Thrilled to see him blowing up.

An old coach of Ibieta’s who knows Ensminger well is helping to put LSU on him. Pete Golding from Bama supposedly really likes him too. This kids recruitment may blow up if he’s able to camp this summer.

Check out this move:

Advertisement
Miami Battle tournament earlier this year. Duasso's team (Miami Immortals) is in pink.

Great pickup based off this vid alone, EVERYTHING is caught with the hands away from the body he’s just a natural receiver. The diving catch at the pylon was all the proof I needed, just perfect. Athleticism is on full display too, he jumped pretty high on that catch at the 0:34 mark so I can see a 37” vert making sense and the track speed shows with his burst. Not to mention he displayed some ability to win 50/50 balls.

I know it’s not full pads, but you can tell this kid is a stud, Miami caliber. The next month or so should be real exciting for crootin

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back