A note on Landon Ibieta

Yes I did. It's about 7 mins. Have you seen Marshall Fews highlight tape? It's about 8 mins of him twisting ppl up n running away from ppl n he's just a PWO. Listen I want all the kids we get to be monsters but I just don't think this guy is a dude. Horton, Bond, n Gibson are ALOT better and Lee is abit better Ibieta.
Gibson doesn't impress me at all. Like he looked slow as **** and has no moves after he catches the ball. I guess we just like who we like. im taking this kid all day over Gibson and even Horton to be honest . jmo .

Advertisement
Gibson doesn't impress me at all. Like he looked slow as **** and has no moves after he catches the ball. I guess we just like who we like. im taking this kid all day over Gibson and even Horton to be honest . jmo .
The film here was a bit disappointing but I think he grows into that body. I saw some tape from an Orlando 7 vs 7 event and he was best WR there. Caught 3 TDs IIRC.

But if Likens wants this kid over him I can get behind it. Let's see how it plays out.

On another note I liked Hortons film here the best of the 3. Kid goes and gets the ball. Him and Ibieta would be a good enough haul in a down year locally for WR prospects.

He's more like Chris Hogan than Berrios or Restrepo.

He ran a lot of different routes and knows how to adapt to leverage and safety looks. I'm surprised he doesn't have more offers cause he looks like a high-floor Air Raid prospect.
“He picks up offenses quick, understands coverages and routes. That’s his strength,” said Chad Ibieta

^ from Navarro article

Long-limbed guys look deceptive with their speed. I like Gibson. He's not the most flexible guy or a sudden routerunner but he has a massive catch radius and plucks the ball with his hands. Those guys tend to be quality starters in college. If you're that big and can run and catch it's pretty hard to fail. He reminds me of Isaiah Hodgins without as good foot quickness.

If Jacurri is starting you want WRs like Gibson to account for the lack of pinpoint accuracy. While Ibieta is a perfect Garcia WR because of his versatility and smarts.

People are mentioning race is a reason a lot of big schools haven't offered. I don't totally agree with that. I think if he had a different body structure along with that speed and athleticism he would have been offered. He just doesn't look the part
hes 6'0 190 at like 16 how does he not look the part lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know I'm late...
But there is 100% a stigma surrounding white skill players. I watched it first hand with Restrepo's recruitment.

A kid can have all the elite measureables, good tape, etc...and most major P5 schools will STILL not recruit him.
Why do yall think there's so many white WR's in the NFL but almost none in major P5 football? (Renfrow was a walk-on)
The major P5's generally won't recruit them and many times they end up balling out at smaller schools.

Most schools also will not (or cannot) take a chance on a lower ranked kid. Boosters and fans expect expect their schools to sign the best of the best, and they pay attention to recruiting. If you reach for too many "hidden gems" and they don't pan out, you're gonna get your a$$ fired. These big schools want to win the off-season almost as bad as they want to win the regular season. Many of these schools are mainly just recruiting by stars and rankings these days. The only schools that get the benefit of the doubt when recruiting hidden gems are Bama, Clemson, teams that are competing for NC's. But the thing is, they generally don't need to recruit hidden gems cause they got bigger fish to fry. They can have almost anybody they want.

With that said...I'm willing to give Likens the benefit of the doubt on recruiting for the same reason people give the benefit of the doubt to Clemson/Bama... he's had 1st round WR's so I'm assuming he knows what a stud college WR looks like.
True. But not at TE, unless you don’t consider that a skill position. Or partly one.

Advertisement
I saw his film, I think we can do better.

LOL, you didn't see his "film," coach.

FIFY:

"I flip burgers for a living and have no idea how to breakdown film but I saw the same covid year football highlights on the YouTube that every other armchair hero can see and now I think I'm Jimmy Johnson."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back