A note on Landon Ibieta

Go watch db’s when he gets on them , their hips open up early every time. That tells you hes fast and also has really good routes. His forty time with that explosive vertical to go with that route running is a combo you rarely see. He also plays physical as ****, he’s breaking tackles most times when one on one. Not sure what’s not to like.

He's white. People won't admit it, and honestly it might even be subconscious, I'm not sure. And this isn't race-baiting, none of that bull****. I can't stand people who talk color. Can the kid play or not? But in this situation, i GUARANTEE you if this kid was black and had the same film, same measurables, same offers, LSU interest, Bootleggers, pedigree, etc...….he'd be a take on this board.

Just check the comps. The kid committed 45 mins ago and he's been compared to every white WR who has ever played. It is what it is. He's a ******* take, period. Will he bust or pan out? I have no idea. Neither does anyone else. But the kid can play. Sign him up.

Advertisement
He's white. People won't admit it, and honestly it might even be subconscious, I'm not sure. And this isn't race-baiting, none of that bull****. I can't stand people who talk color. Can the kid play or not? But in this situation, i GUARANTEE you if this kid was black and had the same film, same measurables, same offers, LSU interest, Bootleggers, pedigree, etc...….he'd be a take on this board.

Just check the comps. The kid committed 45 mins ago and he's been compared to every white WR who has ever played. It is what it is. He's a ******* take, period. Will he bust or pan out? I have no idea. Neither does anyone else. But the kid can play. Sign him up.
He has those offers? Where did you see that? I'm not saying you're wrong but everywhere I have looked they were not there.

Go watch db’s when he gets on them , their hips open up most times. That tells you hes fast and also has really good routes. His forty time with that explosive vertical to go with that route running is a combo you rarely see. He also plays physical as ****, he’s breaking tackles most times when one on one. Not sure what’s not to like.
I also see his Qb being able to throw it a mile, alot of busted coverage, and him bullying small DBs. That's not toughness, that's doing what your suppose to do. But hey that's just me.

Who's job is it to make sure we have "shots" at Coopers/Ridley's/Davis's/Ladson's/Rosemy's/ Xzavier Henderson's/Mario Williams/Gibson's and on and on just at WR???

Any clue who might be in charge of that aspect of recruiting Florida WRs??

:pgdead:

That's the thing. There really aren't any no-brainer Florida WRs this class. Gibson is #1 in Florida and he's a very low 4 star. All three guys we got last cycle were rated higher in the composite. The next one below him is committed to Rutgers, the next one below him is committed to Iowa State. Slim pickings.

Advertisement
That's the thing. There really aren't any no-brainer Florida WRs this class. Gibson is #1 in Florida and he's a very low 4 star. All three guys we got last cycle were rated higher in the composite. The next one below him is committed to Rutgers, the next one below him is committed to Iowa State. Slim pickings.

This. And it's the reason that I'm not so sure Lee gets pushed out. For who? What big time, elite WRs are we in the game for right now?

Long way to go, of course, but people assuming Lee is gone because of this kid is pretty reactionary, IMO.

Gibson is the must pull Florida WR for us this cycle, let's see if we get him. Him and Horton both have legit big time offers, can we pull one or both?? Time to beat some of these SEC schools for the better WRs we are all targeting.

And please don't bring the "BAGSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!" talk in here, TIA

Gibson is the must pull Florida WR for us this cycle, let's see if we get him. Him and Horton both have legit big time offers, can we pull one or both?? Time to beat some of these SEC schools for the better WRs we are all targeting.

You're asking the wrong person. I'm Just a Fan. My only credentials are watching highlights for the last 25 years and chatting with some scouts and coaches on here and other boards. ... I am not very high on Gibson personally. Haven't bothered to check Horton because I don't know how legit the interest is.

What I see in Ibieta is a project like Mallory was at TE. High floor, high ceiling. but he's going to have to grow into his potential. Sounds like a guy that will bust his *** every day to get better, and we need those on our team after the rancid culture we had a couple years back.

Advertisement
You're asking the wrong person. I'm Just a Fan. My only credentials are watching highlights for the last 25 years and chatting with some scouts and coaches on here and other boards. ... I am not very high on Gibson personally. Haven't bothered to check Horton because I don't know how legit the interest is.

What I see in Ibieta is a project like Mallory was at TE. High floor, high ceiling. but he's going to have to grow into his potential.
Sure, I get that, none of us here KNOW. But my question to Likens today would be this: "You have offered Horton/Ibieta/Gibson all 3. If they all 3 said Yes i will commit would you take Ibieta 1,2 or 3? "

I would like to know the honest answer to that truth be told.

/Horton's film impressed the **** out of me, he caught contested balls like a young Dez Bryant (NO I AM NOT SAYING HE IS DEZ BRYANT)

Kid had some real skills, just not right in the head. Like I said earlier the LSU game he was one of the few Canes winning at his position all day, with Malik throwing him the ball.
Kid didn't just roll over like a lot of the others and he smoked the db's from LSU. He actually played really hard for awhile that year and got fed up with the dog**** play calls/soft *** players on the team and gave up (which he shouldn't have done). I always like him but the team "culture" wasn't strong enough for a kid like that.

Kid didn't just roll over like a lot of the others and he smoked the db's from LSU. He actually played really hard for awhile that year and got fed up with the dog**** play calls/soft *** players on the team and gave up (which he shouldn't have done). I always like him but the team "culture" wasn't strong enough for a kid like that.
Yes sir, I agree 100%, you put him on a stronger ran team and pair him with a QB like King and he would have BALLED.

Advertisement

Tbh I’d be surprised if he busts , I’m not saying he’s a future star but with everything he brings I expect a rotational player at the least. There’s just too much to work with.

I like his tape a lot. He ran a lot of different routes and used good leverage to create seperation. He is not just running a slant/veritacal/post like most hs tapes. I saw good stacking on his route and really putting dbs in tough spots. For hs, it looked good. He has speed and if his testing numbers are legit, it’s great measurables for an incoming guy. Also, his hands look good. Not only high points, but uses is hands on over the shoulder throws and passes right at him. Those are great pluses. If the work ethic, measurables, and tape all go well together, this kid can be a great take. Idk the sceiling because most kids it’s hard to project. But I like the take and certainly think he can be a player for us. Idc about ratings, Keyshawn was the 112 wr or something, and may be the best on our roster when he is done with college.

Advertisement
I think his comp is Devante Adams. Very similar athletic profile. Quick feet & jump ball skills.

Or course, DA is the best route runner in todays game. Still, very similar athletic profiles.

Advertisement
Back