A&M game discussion

Advertisement
It’s been 110 in Texas all summer. Yeah they’re used to it 😂

Also agreed you figure that recruiting class for the ages they landed is now starting to find their legs. Some superstars are going to emerge from that group for sure.
Humidity hit different for ALOT of people, Atlanta Falcons came down here for joint practice with dolphins and they commented on it a few times, tho smashed at night during preseason game..

Just going off memory alone didn’t maye have one of his worst games last season against us?
He threw 2 picks. Which is pretty substantial for a guy who only threw 7 on the season.

Today's forecast:
College Station: 108 real feel 112
Coral Gables: 94 real feel 109

The difference: 26% humidity in TX, 61% in FL.

That may not be as big an advantage as it would be against BC or Syracuse, but hot and humid is much worse than hot.
I was in San Antonio last week and it was 107 or so and let me tell you it was miserable and they haven't had rain in weeks, almost no humidity.

Advertisement
I was in San Antonio last week and it was 107 or so and let me tell you it was miserable and they haven't had rain in weeks, almost no humidity.
Part of my yard is mud because we've had so much rain. There's still condensation on my windows as I type this. I can tell you that the exact same temperature is worse with high humidity. Your body can't get the sweat to evaporate quickly enough to cool you.

This is where @joeyhh's wet bulb comes into play.

That game last year absolutely told us all we had to know about the team and coaching mentality for the rest of the year. Not aggressive, scared, tripping over itself even when being gift wrapped a perfect situation to make a statement.

Hopefully we see a 180 this year. Either way, I think it’ll be the same in that we’ll see *exactly* who this team is week 2.

What are they doing for the rest of the practices? I would think tackling your own teammates just weeks before the season is backwards thinking. Like I said, of course you have to scrimmage at some point but right before the season doesn’t make sense to me.
So you can’t get past the part where I said forget about the potential injuries?

You’re right. Football is only about tackling there’s nothing else to it.

It’s also why the NFL, NBA, Soccer, and every other sport does not have scrimmages or pre-season games and just goes straight from training camp into the first game.
Well Done Ok GIF by America's Got Talent

Advertisement
It’s been 110 in Texas all summer. Yeah they’re used to it 😂

Also agreed you figure that recruiting class for the ages they landed is now starting to find their legs. Some superstars are going to emerge from that group for sure.
It’s more about how the culture is in A&M. If it feels like 100° in SFL and you’re standing on the sideline or sitting on the bench down 17-3 with a roaring crowd all riled up and your opponent can relax in the shade it’ll tear you up mentally. It takes a strong culture/Coach to lead his team through that and Jimbo aint that guy. Sure they’ll be use to it but the heat isn’t the only factor. It’s not that I EXPECT Miami to go up big and make them quit but if Miami does then I wouldn’t be surprised if they did…

They lost a lot of quality players from that Class as well (though I agree some will find their legs just as ours have) but their DL/DB in particular took a hit attrition wise through the portal and they didn’t exactly do much to build either back up (especially DL).

I thought Michigan-State would melt with an early September noon kick-off. Then it was them who pulled away in the 4th. After that I swore off weather/heat coming to our rescue.

However, we winning this game.

It’s more about how the culture is in A&M. If it feels like 100° in SFL and you’re standing on the sideline or sitting on the bench down 17-3 with a roaring crowd all riled up and your opponent can relax in the shade it’ll tear you up mentally. It takes a strong culture/Coach to lead his team through that and Jimbo aint that guy. Sure they’ll be use to it but the heat isn’t the only factor. It’s not that I EXPECT Miami to go up big and make them quit but if Miami does then I wouldn’t be surprised if they did…

They lost a lot of quality players from that Class as well (though I agree some will find their legs just as ours have) but their DL/DB in particular took a hit attrition wise through the portal and they didn’t exactly do much to build either back up (especially DL).
No disrespect to you my guy but how can you possibly comment on A&Ms culture?

Humidity hit different for ALOT of people, Atlanta Falcons came down here for joint practice with dolphins and they commented on it a few times, tho smashed at night during preseason game..
No lies there. Man I’ve spent some time this summer in Florida and Texas, but also live in South Carolina. That sauna air hits different

But this year everywhere in the country I’ve gone it’s just flat out hot as ****

Advertisement
This is pretty much the most important game of the season for both teams. A&M's schedule is brutal and losing this game will mean they'll struggle to win 6 games.

If we win, we should be 5-0 heading into UNC. Assuming we beat A&M, we should beat UNC as well unless we vomit on ourselves.

That's means we'd be 6-0 at home aganist Clemson - it will probably be the primetime game of the week. The atmosphere will be 2017 ND-esque.

So yeah - this game will say a lot about both teams.
You are getting so far ahead of ourselves I can't even see you

1 at a time

I keep hearing about how great their defense will be, but as **** as we were last year, don’t forget we absolutely molly-whooped them in the trenches.

Achane had 18 for 88, one was a 25-yard scamper after the Ty’rique muff. Even with that included, they ran for less than 4ypc on us. Meanwhile we ran for 4.9ypc - yes, behind that makeshift OL. Parrish had 5.3ypc, Knighton 5.5ypc, and they both should have had longer runs as they left tons of grass out there with poor vision.

I’m not scared of them up front at all. It’s been all talk and stars with no results for them…so far.
Remember last year they were missing a decent amount of players on their d and down nearly their entire secondary. Their o was the biggest issue last year. We are improved or should be especially early on before injuries can take hold.

Advertisement
Lol you forget the fins held everyone out of the preseason game which plays into it a bit?

I thought Michigan-State would melt with an early September noon kick-off. Then it was them who pulled away in the 4th. After that I swore off weather/heat coming to our rescue.

I was at that game, drenched in sweat

This is a 3:30 start so the heat won’t affect this game neither even though it’ll be hot. The Heat argument has been proven false many times.

A&M has an impressive roster. Their Defense will be really good. Hopefully, our Defense can keep us in the game and close it out in the 4th, unlike last year.

This should be a good and competitive game but holy s.hit the amnesia from our fans is always entertaining lol

We went 5-7 last season!!! No team is going to quit against us and especially not a team in Texas A&M that has more talent than we do.

Let's try and be reasonable here JFC

Advertisement
Back