- DL Anthony Lucas (To USC)
- CB Smoke Bouie ( to UGA )
- QB Haynes King ( to GTech )
- WR Chris Marshal ( To Ole Miss )
- RB LJ Johnson ( to SMU )
- CB marquis Groves ( To Louisville )
- DL Marcus Burris ( To Indiana )
- IOL Matthew Wyckoff ( to Cal )

Only 2 players they brought in from the portal were rated anywhere near the players above

- DB Sam McCall
- DB Tony Grimes

They bring in:
5 ⭐️ DL hicks
5 ⭐️ RB Owens
High 4 ⭐️s at IOL, WR, CB

They also lost

- WR Chase Lane ( to GTech )
- TE Blake Smith ( To OU)
- DL Elijah Rudolph ( To Nebraska )

They were 15th this year in the Composite and 27th in Transfer rankings compared to Miami who was 7th and 7th

We were able to bring in:

OC Shannon Dawson (massive upgrade over Gattis and Gattis almost beat A&M…)

DC Lance Guidry (Upgrade Over Steele and very similar to Diaz)

- RB Ajay Allen (he will be GOOD)
- TE Cam McCormick (solid rotational TE)
- WR Tyler Harrel ( High contributor )
- OG Javion Cohen (high end starter/Veteran)
- C Matt Lee (High end starter/Veteran)
- LB Francisco Maugioa (High end starter/Veteran)
- DL Branson Deen (High end starter/Veteran)
- CB Davonte Brown (High end starter/Veteran)

Recruiting wise we also brought in:

5 ⭐️ OL Francis M (Will contribute right away)
5 ⭐️ OL Samson O (Very solid backup Tackle)
4 ⭐️DL Reuben Bain ( Will contribute right away)
4 ⭐️ RB Mark Fletcher (will contribute right away)
4 ⭐️ WR RayRay Joseph (Will contribute right away)
4 ⭐️ DB Damari Brown (Will contribute right away)

Far and away for 2023 our culture surpasses A&Ms and I can guarantee if things don’t start going their way down in that SFL heat there will be ALOT of quit on that team. Fingers Crossed and we stay healthy but I don’t really see a scenario where A&M has the edge over us and if we are healthy I can see it getting nasty for A&M.

There’s no position that isn’t stronger on our roster compared to last year but I would argue A&M has several areas that will be considerably weaker than they had last year.

Advertisement
Yes and no.

I agree that no team should be overlooked. But this is not a good team and it's also the first game of the season. This should give us a very basic idea of how we look but it shouldn't tell us any more than playing a Bethune Cookman type team.
I understand the sentiments about not getting ahead of ourselves

But uh…none of us are playing in the game so I’m pretty sure we can talk about A&M without worrying about giving the team a let down 😎

A&M will come down to the trenches. Can we protect Tyler and can we create pressure on their QB. We need to double up Stewart the whole game. He's a game breaker for them. I'm confident Guidry will call a good game and keep us in it if the offense can manage to keep their end of the bargain. A win for us would be HUGE for the confidence on the team. I'm not ready to say it is a season killer if we lose, but it 100% could propel us to a huge year (10 wins) if we can get that W.
Gotta rush him with discipline. His confidence going into this season is sky high and he’s at his best in chaos. He looks much improved

I'm happy we play Miami (OH) instead of Bethune or FAMU in game 1. Play a better opponent, get dialed it sooner. It could play an advantage going into the TAMU game. TAMU plays New Mexico week 1, they only won 2 games last year.

Get a little more comfortable in the system by going full throttle week 1, instead of not trying to show everything cause you're insanely superior to FAMU or Bethune.
This is a great observation. Getting a better opponent week 1 will better prep us for 8 & 4 week 2. Shouldn’t have to throw the kitchen sink at Ohio and be able to save some surprises for week 2.

Miami will be more improved than A&M.

Outside of Losing their RB in Achane they also lost:

- Saftey Antonio Johnson (drafted)
- DB Jaylon Jones (drafted)
- CB Denver Harris (to LSU)
- DL Tunmise Adeleye (to Michigan state

Only 2 players they brought in from the portal were rated anywhere near the players above

- DB Sam McCall
- DB Tony Grimes

They bring in:
5 ⭐️ DL hicks
5 ⭐️ RB Owens

They also lost

They were 15th this year in the Composite and 27th in Transfer rankings compared to Miami who was 7th and 7th

Far and away for 2023 our culture surpasses A&Ms and I can guarantee if things don’t start going their way down in that SFL heat there will be ALOT of quit on that team. Fingers Crossed and we stay healthy but I don’t really see a scenario where A&M has the edge over us and if we are healthy I can see it getting nasty for A&M.

There’s no position that isn’t stronger on our roster compared to last year but I would argue A&M has several areas that will be considerably weaker than they had last year.
Glad you brought up the culture differences. Mario had a bad year 1 but Jimbo is on a very warm seat. If we start that game strong and build an early lead I can see them folding mentally since that locker room had reports of being very volatile. We still gotta go out and execute under pressure too but the table can be set for things to go our way if we come out sharp.

Advertisement
Gotta rush him with discipline. His confidence going into this season is sky high and he’s at his best in chaos. He looks much improved
I've seen a few reports that have said he looks really good this offseason for them. Hoping that Guidry gives a masterpiece of a defensive game plan for this game. I want to see those stunts hit home a few times and get to him early.

- DB Sam McCall
- DB Tony Grimes

They bring in:
5 ⭐️ DL hicks
5 ⭐️ RB Owens

They also lost

They absolutely will not quit. You can get that out of your head.

I've seen a few reports that have said he looks really good this offseason for them. Hoping that Guidry gives a masterpiece of a defensive game plan for this game. I want to see those stunts hit home a few times and get to him early.
Just don’t get blitz happy. Make him stand in the pocket. Only rush 4. Yeah he can throw the ball but he’s much rather be playing backyard ball. Been his thing since HS

- DB Sam McCall
- DB Tony Grimes

They bring in:
5 ⭐️ DL hicks
5 ⭐️ RB Owens

They also lost

lol you dont think it gets hot in texas? the **** lol.

ATM has more talent than us even w their transfers. the question will be if fisher really let go of the offense. their D is going to be good again

Advertisement
As awful as we were last year we lost by 3 and that game had lots of crazy fluke plays go UNC's way + a RZ Knighton fumble when we had all the momentum. Not saying it'll be an easy W by any means but acting like UNC gonna tear us apart easily is a stretch even by mope standards. I expect a close game.
Not to mention gattis putting on a red zone offensive play calling clinic getting stuffed over and over

Advertisement
Advertisement
I keep hearing about how great their defense will be, but as **** as we were last year, don’t forget we absolutely molly-whooped them in the trenches.

Achane had 18 for 88, one was a 25-yard scamper after the Ty’rique muff. Even with that included, they ran for less than 4ypc on us. Meanwhile we ran for 4.9ypc - yes, behind that makeshift OL. Parrish had 5.3ypc, Knighton 5.5ypc, and they both should have had longer runs as they left tons of grass out there with poor vision.

I’m not scared of them up front at all. It’s been all talk and stars with no results for them…so far.

you can’t look at their team and just highlight their additions. Compared to the team that played us they are better at quarterback by a mile and Stewart and Muhammad are very good and will be better. Plus they had a bunch of suspensions. Both teams will be better. Maybe our improvement will have a larger delta.

Playing max Johnson (pause) last year made it an easier game. There’s a reason Vegas has us as a home dog. Although home dogs usually are ripe for the picking

Advertisement
Back