A Legendary Perspective on Game 1...

Advertisement
The biggest unexpected disparity in this game was in how each DL pressured the opposing QB. I expected that to be a wash or for us to do slightly better against their new OL than they did against ours.

I wasn’t overly familiar with just how impactful Greentard would be. He completely annihilated us and was the single biggest factor in their favor.

You guys can’t point to a single play here or there by Thomas or Perry’s cuck, but if you’re going to analyze every single mistake, then you need to also look at all the individual mistakes they made. It would be about a wash in the mistake and sloppiness categories.

The one constant, though, throughout the game, that wasn’t a single play or an isolated mistake was the steady beating Greentard and Daphne Zuniga put on us. We didn’t do anything close to that to their green OL. And that’s why they won.

McEltooth and Shytface Mullet either did a much better job evaluating 3 and 4 star OL than we’ve done, or they’ve coached them up better. The talent level at OL is supposedly very even if you listen to the rankings that everyone obsesses over.

Let’s move on to the vaginal drip I’ve seen on here after the game, and how the bar has suddenly moved to us being devoid of talent. And how 8 wins will be a good season. Yeah. Fck that.

We might not have NC level talent or depth, but I’m not buying into the new narrative that we are an 8 win team. Not in this division. And not with this schedule.

The expectations should remain unchanged. Win the Coastal, or it’s a big fail. Some of you guys get carried away in either direction. We just lost a game that easily could have gone either way to a team with equal or slightly better talent at what was ostensibly a home game for them. There’s no Coastal team even in that ballpark.

That was, by far, what SHOULD BE the worst you will see us play all year. If our coaches are any good, we will make an enormous improvement between games 1 and 2 and steadily get better every game. That’s what good coaches do. That should bode well for us as we played our best opponent first.

So before you pvssies get permanently stuck in the fetal position, remember we’re in the weakest division in P5.
****, I've missed this! Mutha effin Franchise!

Anything else than booking a flight to Charlotte is unacceptable. Including beating FSU. Can’t go 0-2 against our biggest recruiting rivals.
The standard is too high and the wait and see and what a new staff does is over. If we’re not in Charlotte we’re just another top-25 team with props on the sideline. Fck this first year new staff BS. These kids have been together for almost 2 years. O line youth or not! Too many programs work around that sht and thus the reason cmr is talking and not coaching.
The reset of this schedule except FSU should be ground stomping massacres if we’re to be taken seriously.
I don't want nail bitters or come from behind moral victories against basketball schools. I want ****ed off mfers taking names all the way to Clemson.

It will be interesting to see how we play going forward. Miami has struggled after playing FSU every year win or lose and with UF being another in state rival let's see how we respond. If we truly are TNM then this team will move past this lose and beat up on the **** Coastal like they are supposed to.

Advertisement
Agreed; however, Franks ended up beating us. I would have gone after Franks more in the 2nd half. Run game was in control.
As inexperience Williams and the tackles are, we still had the lead in the 4th quarter. We also lost the lead and had the ball for the last 5 minutes of the game on their half of the field. We made one unforced error after another.

Franks didn't beat us. We beat ourselves. I'm totally unimpressed with Franks and their offense, both running and passing.

1. Played a top 10 team in what pretty much was an away game.
2. QB, LT, RT all freshman or RS Freshmens making their first start in a night game.
3. Stopped them deep in their territory but gave up a fake punt and followed that up with a big play that was a big play due to 6 broken tackles.
4. Costly fumbled punt
5. Missed FG
6. Dropped TD

All this happened and we had a chance to win late. This team will not lose again this season until maybe in the ACCCG.

The gameplan was to stop their running game and let Franks beat himself. That’s why Patchan played so much (too much, in my estimation).

I would say the game plan worked, as we dominated Florida’s run game (52 yards, 1.9 YPC) and Franks tried his best to give us the game. If we played Rousseau or Hill more, you would have seen much more pressure.

So the game plan worked and Patchan was a big part of why the game plan worked, but Patchan played too much?

Advertisement
The biggest unexpected disparity in this game was in how each DL pressured the opposing QB. I expected that to be a wash or for us to do slightly better against their new OL than they did against ours.

I wasn’t overly familiar with just how impactful Greentard would be. He completely annihilated us and was the single biggest factor in their favor.

You guys can’t point to a single play here or there by Thomas or Perry’s cuck, but if you’re going to analyze every single mistake, then you need to also look at all the individual mistakes they made. It would be about a wash in the mistake and sloppiness categories.

The one constant, though, throughout the game, that wasn’t a single play or an isolated mistake was the steady beating Greentard and Daphne Zuniga put on us. We didn’t do anything close to that to their green OL. And that’s why they won.

McEltooth and Shytface Mullet either did a much better job evaluating 3 and 4 star OL than we’ve done, or they’ve coached them up better. The talent level at OL is supposedly very even if you listen to the rankings that everyone obsesses over.

Let’s move on to the vaginal drip I’ve seen on here after the game, and how the bar has suddenly moved to us being devoid of talent. And how 8 wins will be a good season. Yeah. Fck that.

We might not have NC level talent or depth, but I’m not buying into the new narrative that we are an 8 win team. Not in this division. And not with this schedule.

The expectations should remain unchanged. Win the Coastal, or it’s a big fail. Some of you guys get carried away in either direction. We just lost a game that easily could have gone either way to a team with equal or slightly better talent at what was ostensibly a home game for them. There’s no Coastal team even in that ballpark.

That was, by far, what SHOULD BE the worst you will see us play all year. If our coaches are any good, we will make an enormous improvement between games 1 and 2 and steadily get better every game. That’s what good coaches do. That should bode well for us as we played our best opponent first.

So before you pvssies get permanently stuck in the fetal position, remember we’re in the weakest division in P5.
I agree the worst you will.. you could tell guys were ****ed they lost and in front of family and alumni.. I saw it... this season is gonna be fun fellas.. stop with the female whining too

As inexperience Williams and the tackles are, we still had the lead in the 4th quarter. We also lost the lead and had the ball for the last 5 minutes of the game on their half of the field. We made one unforced error after another.

Franks didn't beat us. We beat ourselves. I'm totally unimpressed with Franks and their offense, both running and passing.

Franks sucks but he beat our Defense through the air. The guy literally led the way to the game winning TD. At some point, you have to abandon the game plan and adjust.

Well done @The Franchise ... neither team played particularly well. On paper, Florida had the slight talent edge, and certainly a coaching continuity and experience edge. Especially when considering they were going up against a first time head coach and a first time staff. Many coaching at the P5 level for the first time. And plenty of mistakes to go around.

Still, it hurt me having to walk out of that stadium with the L, and having to restrain myself from flattening some blue faces.

My quibbles on individuals are part of the larger picture, of which there were other mistakes as well, some more important than others. The important thing is that I did not see anything that was not correctable.

My sense is that what you’re saying is something we should be expecting. There should be steady improvement. With maybe one of those blindside games where we shlt the bed.

We’ve discussed this before. The expectation has to be wins in the double digits with a nice bowl victory. But like I’ve said and I think you said, this is not a one year project

Unfortunately friend, Canedog does not believe dat tweaking gonna help this Oline.
There has to be some adjustment to the OL that can help. In other words, Enos will be working on something as a result of the **** poor showing last night... plays that develop quicker and work on game action options for Jarren. Dude... I'm hopeful rather than pessimistic after this close game.

Advertisement
Uf started two OTs both entering their 4th year out of HS. They had the luxury of being groomed for this. That said, Campbell has been here since spring of 2018 and if he's that bad now, we don't have the luxury of giving him another game to get it right because UNC isn't Bethune. Need to make an adjustment at RT.

In terms of national relevance Miami may not be a one year project, but in terms of the 2019 schedule with 3 byes, and the Coastal division, it absolutely is.

And, with that same improvement you mention, with coaches and players, there shouldn’t be any “**** the bed” games. Just shouldn’t. Close scares? Possibly. But to be a great team or even a good one, the team has to find a way to win*. This team CAN win out the regular season; they’re good enough.

*Rosier ‘17: FSU, GT; Perry ‘18: FSU.

If Clemson can shlt the bed against Syracuse, twice, we can shlt the bed against a similar team or even a lesser team. Unless you have a national championship caliber roster, as a fan you can’t be blindsided by a shlt the bed game.

It happens to all teams. NC caliber teams usually win their shlt the bed games, but we’re not there yet.

Hoping it doesn’t happen, and not excusing if it does, I’m just not going to be shocked if it happens. I’ll be ****ed don’t worry. You don’t think I was fūcking boiling last night?

The Francheese, I agree with you. This team does not lose another game this season

Advertisement
In the past years the team crawls into a whole for 3 or 4 games after big loss like this. If Manny is a real coach, that will not happen this time. If it does, we should start search for replacement soon. The game had some positive differences and some similar negatives from previous staffs. How team reacts to this loss will tell the tale.

10 wins and the Coastal Division or bust... bottom line

Enos And Manny have 2 weeks to fix this sHT.

If in two weeks this offense shows up looking like last night with the Oline being beat like a rented mule then we are in biiiiiig trouble and we have another stubborn HC and another OC that is stuck in the past.

I’m looking for changes....if we get them I think we are good and the ACCCG is an attainable goal.lf not......gonna be another loooong season.

And with everything said, we still should have and could have won the game. We will get better.

Advertisement
Back