A Legendary Perspective on Game 1...

The Franchise

The Best EVER
Premium
The biggest unexpected disparity in this game was in how each DL pressured the opposing QB. I expected that to be a wash or for us to do slightly better against their new OL than they did against ours.

I wasn’t overly familiar with just how impactful Greentard would be. He completely annihilated us and was the single biggest factor in their favor.

You guys can’t point to a single play here or there by Thomas or Perry’s cuck, but if you’re going to analyze every single mistake, then you need to also look at all the individual mistakes they made. It would be about a wash in the mistake and sloppiness categories.

The one constant, though, throughout the game, that wasn’t a single play or an isolated mistake was the steady beating Greentard and Daphne Zuniga put on us. We didn’t do anything close to that to their green OL. And that’s why they won.

McEltooth and Shytface Mullet either did a much better job evaluating 3 and 4 star OL than we’ve done, or they’ve coached them up better. The talent level at OL is supposedly very even if you listen to the rankings that everyone obsesses over.

Let’s move on to the vaginal drip I’ve seen on here after the game, and how the bar has suddenly moved to us being devoid of talent. And how 8 wins will be a good season. Yeah. Fck that.

We might not have NC level talent or depth, but I’m not buying into the new narrative that we are an 8 win team. Not in this division. And not with this schedule.

The expectations should remain unchanged. Win the Coastal, or it’s a big fail. Some of you guys get carried away in either direction. We just lost a game that easily could have gone either way to a team with equal or slightly better talent at what was ostensibly a home game for them. There’s no Coastal team even in that ballpark.

That was, by far, what SHOULD BE the worst you will see us play all year. If our coaches are any good, we will make an enormous improvement between games 1 and 2 and steadily get better every game. That’s what good coaches do. That should bode well for us as we played our best opponent first.

So before you pvssies get permanently stuck in the fetal position, remember we’re in the weakest division in P5.

Advertisement
One of our biggest issues the last, oh I don’t know, 15 years, was being saddled with coaches that were too egotistical to admit they were wrong.

Manny had many flaws as a DC, but the willingness to adapt, and to seek never ending improvement was not one of them. Though you may argue he almost over-adjusted at times.

There won’t be any of this “Dan and I know best, we just didn’t execute” stuff while continuing to do everything exactly the same.

Least, I hope not...

Advertisement
The biggest unexpected disparity in this game was in how each DL pressured the opposing QB. I expected that to be a wash or for us to do slightly better against their new OL than they did against ours.

I wasn’t overly familiar with just how impactful Greentard would be. He completely annihilated us and was the single biggest factor in their favor.

You guys can’t point to a single play here or there by Thomas or Perry’s cuck, but if you’re going to analyze every single mistake, then you need to also look at all the individual mistakes they made. It would be about a wash in the mistake and sloppiness categories.

The one constant, though, throughout the game, that wasn’t a single play or an isolated mistake was the steady beating Greentard and Daphne Zuniga put on us. We didn’t do anything close to that to their green OL. And that’s why they won.

McEltooth and Shytface Mullet either did a much better job evaluating 3 and 4 star OL than we’ve done, or they’ve coached them up better. The talent level at OL is supposedly very even if you listen to the rankings that everyone obsesses over.

Let’s move on to the vaginal drip I’ve seen on here after the game, and how the bar has suddenly moved to us being devoid of talent. And how 8 wins will be a good season. Yeah. Fck that.

We might not have NC level talent or depth, but I’m not buying into the new narrative that we are an 8 win team. Not in this division. And not with this schedule.

The expectations should remain unchanged. Win the Coastal, or it’s a big fail. Some of you guys get carried away in either direction. We just lost a game that easily could have gone either way to a team with equal or slightly better talent at what was ostensibly a home game for them. There’s no Coastal team even in that ballpark.

That was, by far, what SHOULD BE the worst you will see us play all year. If our coaches are any good, we will make an enormous improvement between games 1 and 2 and steadily get better every game. That’s what good coaches do. That should bode well for us as we played our best opponent first.

So before you pvssies get permanently stuck in the fetal position, remember we’re in the weakest division in P5.

Great post and completely agree.

We can win our division and the mistakes made last night are fixable. Time to see if we have coaches capable of doing that.

4 turnovers resulting in 3 points
Muffed punt
Missed field goal
Fake punt
UF making 4 4th downs
JT dropping that TD
135 penalty yards

I want to see this squad in November.

IMHO we did everything we could to give them the game. They didnt take it from us straight up.

The biggest unexpected disparity in this game was in how each DL pressured the opposing QB.

We didn’t do anything close to that to their green OL. And that’s why they won

if you’re going to analyze every single mistake, then you need to also look at all the individual mistakes they made.

The expectations should remain unchanged. Win the Coastal, or it’s a big fail.

If our coaches are any good, we will make an enormous improvement between games 1 and 2 and steadily get better every game. That’s what good coaches do.
Those lines above sum everything up to a T. Absolutely spot on, Chise!

Advertisement
No one’s D-line will come to close to that of UF, and that is why we will still finish 10-2 at the very worst and make the ACCCG. Now let me see some creativeness from Enos next game; scheme around that o line and get your weapons the ball.

Yall have to pay attention to what our d-line was asked to do. They were told to contain franks. Looking back at the game garvin was spying on franks a lot.

The d-line was basically trying to force franks to his left and garvin was spying him on that side. Uf d-line was just pinning their ears back and coming.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Always a good perspective. The defensive outcome was puzzling but adjustments will be forthcoming. Nice to see Jarren is a straight shooter... should shine after some OL and play calling tweaking.

It was pretty much a home game for them haha. On Tv it looked like 75%/25% in their favor.

Advertisement
The question is why?

Advertisement
Back