A Legendary Perspective on Game 1...

The gameplan was to stop their running game and let Franks beat himself. That’s why Patchan played so much (too much, in my estimation).

I would say the game plan worked, as we dominated Florida’s run game (52 yards, 1.9 YPC) and Franks tried his best to give us the game. If we played Rousseau or Hill more, you would have seen much more pressure.

Advertisement
The gameplan was to stop their running game and let Franks beat himself. That’s why Patchan played so much (too much, in my estimation).

I would say the game plan worked, as we dominated Florida’s run game (52 yards, 1.9 YPC) and Franks tried his best to give us the game. If we played Rousseau or Hill more, you would have seen much more pressure.

Agreed; however, Franks ended up beating us. I would have gone after Franks more in the 2nd half. Run game was in control.

The biggest unexpected disparity in this game was in how each DL pressured the opposing QB. I expected that to be a wash or for us to do slightly better against their new OL than they did against ours.

I wasn’t overly familiar with just how impactful Greentard would be. He completely annihilated us and was the single biggest factor in their favor.

You guys can’t point to a single play here or there by Thomas or Perry’s cuck, but if you’re going to analyze every single mistake, then you need to also look at all the individual mistakes they made. It would be about a wash in the mistake and sloppiness categories.

The one constant, though, throughout the game, that wasn’t a single play or an isolated mistake was the steady beating Greentard and Daphne Zuniga put on us. We didn’t do anything close to that to their green OL. And that’s why they won.

McEltooth and Shytface Mullet either did a much better job evaluating 3 and 4 star OL than we’ve done, or they’ve coached them up better. The talent level at OL is supposedly very even if you listen to the rankings that everyone obsesses over.

Let’s move on to the vaginal drip I’ve seen on here after the game, and how the bar has suddenly moved to us being devoid of talent. And how 8 wins will be a good season. Yeah. Fck that.

We might not have NC level talent or depth, but I’m not buying into the new narrative that we are an 8 win team. Not in this division. And not with this schedule.

The expectations should remain unchanged. Win the Coastal, or it’s a big fail. Some of you guys get carried away in either direction. We just lost a game that easily could have gone either way to a team with equal or slightly better talent at what was ostensibly a home game for them. There’s no Coastal team even in that ballpark.

That was, by far, what SHOULD BE the worst you will see us play all year. If our coaches are any good, we will make an enormous improvement between games 1 and 2 and steadily get better every game. That’s what good coaches do. That should bode well for us as we played our best opponent first.

So before you pvssies get permanently stuck in the fetal position, remember we’re in the weakest division in P5.
Pac 12 will say hold my beer shortly.

Advertisement
See post 13
I don't disagree with that assessment...but it doesn't address why it was unexpected. I fully expected them to go after Jarren full bore, It seemed the national TV annoucers did too. So our "contain" Franks was unexpected?

Winning the coastal should be expected. There's simply more talent than all other teams left on the schedule.

You can't look at this game and find a single play where they beat us without a ***** up on our part. We just need to minimize those mistakes. The problem with the previous administration is that they didn't work towards that end.

Advertisement

I was wondering why Rousseau was not playing more. Really wanted hotdog on a stretcher.

Enos better get us in a spread next game and FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON

we ain't beating no one with a power run game right now

not that i'm against play action or the power run game, but it's simply stupid at this point with this colossal failure of an offensive line.

butch barry is on watch to me, that was fcking absurd

Advertisement
Wax UNC, Bethune, and CMU. Last year our OL couldn’t even handle Savannah State. That can’t be the case this year.

Take advantage of the next bye week before the big ACC run that will define our season. Handle business at home against VT, UVA, GT (everyone guaranteeing us to lose one of those), beat Pitt as we should. And then show up at FSU. We didn’t show up a year ago and we can’t let that happen again.

Last 3 games are a cake walk. We shouldn’t lose to Pitt. We HAVE to beat FSU. Can’t go 0-2 in state to the other big schools. Can’t do it or it’ll be as miserable as ever of an off-season and recruiting finish.

If we don’t win 10 games and have an appearance in Charlotte (good chance to gauge how far away we actually are) it’ll be a failed season for manny and co.

The biggest unexpected disparity in this game was in how each DL pressured the opposing QB. I expected that to be a wash or for us to do slightly better against their new OL than they did against ours.

I wasn’t overly familiar with just how impactful Greentard would be. He completely annihilated us and was the single biggest factor in their favor.

You guys can’t point to a single play here or there by Thomas or Perry’s cuck, but if you’re going to analyze every single mistake, then you need to also look at all the individual mistakes they made. It would be about a wash in the mistake and sloppiness categories.

The one constant, though, throughout the game, that wasn’t a single play or an isolated mistake was the steady beating Greentard and Daphne Zuniga put on us. We didn’t do anything close to that to their green OL. And that’s why they won.

McEltooth and Shytface Mullet either did a much better job evaluating 3 and 4 star OL than we’ve done, or they’ve coached them up better. The talent level at OL is supposedly very even if you listen to the rankings that everyone obsesses over.

Let’s move on to the vaginal drip I’ve seen on here after the game, and how the bar has suddenly moved to us being devoid of talent. And how 8 wins will be a good season. Yeah. Fck that.

We might not have NC level talent or depth, but I’m not buying into the new narrative that we are an 8 win team. Not in this division. And not with this schedule.

The expectations should remain unchanged. Win the Coastal, or it’s a big fail. Some of you guys get carried away in either direction. We just lost a game that easily could have gone either way to a team with equal or slightly better talent at what was ostensibly a home game for them. There’s no Coastal team even in that ballpark.

That was, by far, what SHOULD BE the worst you will see us play all year. If our coaches are any good, we will make an enormous improvement between games 1 and 2 and steadily get better every game. That’s what good coaches do. That should bode well for us as we played our best opponent first.

So before you pvssies get permanently stuck in the fetal position, remember we’re in the weakest division in P5.

I said 9/10 wins was the ceiling in off season and I’m even more confident of that. That’s if we stay healthy , both teams are insanely thin.

We've been hearing that for an awful long time
True but it still should be expected. Regardless of a loss last night we showed we're good enough to beat a top 10 team and there isn't a top ten 10 left on the schedule.

Advertisement

Excellent Daphne reference.

B9oiVhlONM2kg.gif

Agree wholeheartedly about the DL difference. I expected us to wreak more havoc in the Gator backfield than we did. Still in all, 4 turnovers, which we have all come to expect with Manny’s D. The O will need those extra possessions and momentum swings. As. Far as the 8 /9 win standard, I don’t like it either, but it’s realistic given the state of the program and it could even be good enough to win the Corstal. There are some things I liked about last night. The team fought hard, DJ and Cam will do good things, the D still creates sudden changes, and Williams showed signs of being a legit UM QB, among others. But, man, two frosh tackles with zero starts and an otherwise green OLine? Don’t get me wrong, I might not want to play these guys at the end of the season, but to expect They are going to rip off ten straight or win 10 of the next 11? Tall order.

Advertisement
Back