-6 vs UVA

Advertisement
How has Bronco had Manny’s number going back years? Bronco is a defensive coach, but did Diaz coach against them when he was at MSU or Louisiana Tech? Serious question because I’ve seen two people say something along those lines in this thread. We killed them in 2016.

BYU vs Texas (this game got Manny fired)
UVA vs Miami last year (they put up crazy numbers against us last year)

2016 was Broncos first year at UVA

Line actually opened at 7.5 to 8 and has already moved to 6.0. Early money clearly believes Miami may be in for a tough one this weekend.

I think we win, but I don't see us blowing them out by any means.

Imagine if that had been the spread against FSU. Would be some angry people about Mark telling Homer to pull up short of the goal line.

No need to research them, because I actually follow college football.

West Virginia regularly loses 4-5 games, will always be in dogfights with that defense.
NC State just went to the wire with Boston College, couldn't put away James Madison
UCF.......let's stick to P5, thanks.
Colorado went to the very end with 0-5 Nebraska and Arizona State
Clemson......you mean the Clemson that had to survive Syracuse and Texas A&M

Good effort, but it's clear that you only watch Miami. There is one (1) team taking care of business week in and week out.

Great post. You beat me too it, because I was typing the exact same thing nearly to the letter

Advertisement
You showed a lack of understanding of this whole thing when your entire post was "they lost to Indiana". Losing to Indiana means nothing.
If we lost to Indiana at home this board would crash and banners would be flying from every prop plane is south Florida to fire everybody thy works at the Hecht.

Oh...
1539027661073.png

Night game on the road. ESPN2. Expect an inordinate amount of bad calls favoring UVA.

Canes in a dog fight. We cover but not by much.

31-23 Canes

Advertisement
Opening line. Vegas thinks this will be a dog fight. I do re-call Virginia doing some things vs our delayed blitz last season that gave us fits & now they have a mobile QB which is known to give Diaz fits.

Canes by 2 scores at least!

Just don't cover the slot receiver with a LB this year. It was basically just a practice run through for them last year with how easy Manny made it.

Advertisement
Branco has killed Manny, Night game, Fsu hangover..Just survive & advance.

The night game should hopefully help. That place will be as electric as its capable of getting. Our players should be able to get snapped into it compared to a noon kickoff.

I was nervous about the spot for the reasons many already stated herein (FSU hangover), but I’m beginning to think there’s some value with the line.

If you look at the power ratings, Miami would be about an 8.5 favorite on a neutral field. So 6.5 isn’t too far off (edit: I’m seeing 5.5 now).

Maybe a tad bit concerning that it opened north of the key number 7 and ticked back across it, but I think it may be an over reaction to the offense looking horrible in a nationally televised game ... again.

Virginia’s weakest defensive unit is their DL, where they have 2 true frosh playing, including at NT. While LB is their best unit, they have been getting gashed in the run game due to struggles with gap assignment.

As we’ve seen, it’s the strong, athletic DLs that give us fits. UVA doesn’t have one of those. Maybe we come out a little flat, but as long as richt stays committed to a ground attack, I think we pull away in the second half for a win and cover.

Advertisement
I was nervous about the spot for the reasons many already stated herein (FSU hangover), but I’m beginning to think there’s some value with the line.

If you look at the power ratings, Miami would be about an 8.5 favorite on a neutral field. So 6.5 isn’t too far off (edit: I’m seeing 5.5 now).

Maybe a tad bit concerning that it opened north of the key number 7 and ticked back across it, but I think it may be an over reaction to the offense looking horrible in a nationally televised game ... again.

Virginia’s weakest defensive unit is their DL, where they have 2 true frosh playing, including at NT. While LB is their best unit, they have been getting gashed in the run game due to struggles with gap assignment.

As we’ve seen, it’s the strong, athletic DLs that give us fits. UVA doesn’t have one of those. Maybe we come out a little flat, but as long as richt stays committed to a ground attack, I think we pull away in the second half for a win and cover.

Nice post. If that’s the case then that’s big for us.

UNC? you picked a game where the defense scored three times. chances of the defense scoring once aren't even that good.

I was referring tot he sore, regardless of how we get there...that was the point of the score line. I get it, half of you don't agree, but I grew up in an era that spans 30 years where our program was elite. I refuse to accept anything less. I'm not asking for for miracles here when I am saying that we should be consistently rolling mediocre competition...it's not like I'm saying we should be consistently rolling top 25 teams

Advertisement
Back