-6 vs UVA

JgDaCane

All American
Opening line. Vegas thinks this will be a dog fight. I do re-call Virginia doing some things vs our delayed blitz last season that gave us fits & now they have a mobile QB which is known to give Diaz fits.

Advertisement
Opening line. Vegas thinks this will be a dog fight. I do re-call Virginia doing some things vs our delayed blitz last season that gave us fits & now they have a mobile QB which is known to give Diaz fits.
they have the 27th ranked defense in the nation. might be a tough slog.

UVA has played us off our asses since we joined the ACC. We are usually pretty hung over after our FSU game and this one is at their place at night with a mobile QB. Our offense needs to be the difference. Keep pressure on them to move the chains and score. We need to be efficient and get TDs. No three and outs and keep our defense from being over used yet again

Another slobber knocker on deck....

I hope the team comes out ready because during this stretch we will be every teams Super Bowl game..

Advertisement
They are 3-2 and haven’t beaten anyone. They’ve lost to a good NC st team and Indiana. I think we’re giving them too much credit. I understand after the FSU game. We did really dominate FSU everywhere except the score. We’d beat them soundly if we played again. This also isn’t a rivalry game so they won’t be playing way above their talent level. Only way this is close if we let them hang around and give them hope. We’ve done it before so Vegas is betting on it. This is a different team with Kosi at QB. We win by 14+

The only reason I think this game is closer than we want is:

a) Kosi's first road game. If the FSU 1st half was any indicator, Richt does not completely trust the kid yet and will call a conservative game plan early.....uggghhh....

b) Coming off that huge emotional win, there is a natural let down. Couple that with beat up bodies, I expect the first half to be sloppy at best before we right the ship.....

I would love for me to be wrong on both points

Advertisement
Advertisement

Line actually opened at 7.5 to 8 and has already moved to 6.0. Early money clearly believes Miami may be in for a tough one this weekend.

I think we win, but I don't see us blowing them out by any means.

The only reason I think this game is closer than we want is:

a) Kosi's first road game. If the FSU 1st half was any indicator, Richt does not completely trust the kid yet and will call a conservative game plan early.....uggghhh....

b) Coming off that huge emotional win, there is a natural let down. Couple that with beat up bodies, I expect the first half to be sloppy at best before we right the ship.....

I would love for me to be wrong on both points
I can agree with you that both of your points are likely what will happen...which is unfortunate.

Where I hope we both disagree is with handcuffing Perry. We're running pretty simple concepts right now and sometimes it gets covered by good defenses. Bronco's defenses have mostly been pretty stout...so we can't stay too vanilla and try to protect Perry.

I mean ******* come on Richt...you put Perry in there because he's a better playmaker. Let him make plays. Turn him loose. When we did that last game, Perry hit JT4 up the seam, and then hit Brevin in stride for the winning score. CUT IT LOOSE...don't playcall to protect too much. When you play not to lose, you'll lose.

ESPN/ABC college football probably thinks it will be a tough game, too. That's why the game is slated for prime time ( 7:00 EST ) on ESPN-2.

Advertisement
Line actually opened at 7.5 to 8 and has already moved to 6.0. Early money clearly believes Miami may be in for a tough one this weekend.

I think we win, but I don't see us blowing them out by any means.

Not with the starting offensive line of Tyree, Jahair, Gautier, Mahoney Baloney and Donaldson. Now you possibly start Bolware and the kid, Scaife, then maybe Miami wins by " double-digits. " But then again, two defensive touchdowns will help Miami win by a comfortable margin and what not.:youre-nuts:

Advertisement
Back