-6 vs UVA

I'm calling it right now, we are blowing Virginia out, and there mobile QB will be treated like Brandon Wimbush, who we completely crushed last year; he was so scared to run at all.

Advertisement
30 Point win

Here we go again. Many of you guys called for a blowout last week too. Some of you old heads should know better.

These guys are coming off a bye week, we just played an emotionally draining, tough, physical game, and they get us at home.

This game will be tough. Plus, Bronco is Manny’s achillees heel. He knows how to scheme against a Manny D. After all, he got manny fired from tejas.

Indiana gave Ohio State everything they wanted. How can we weed out the fans who think every game is supposed to be a blowout cuz we is Miami.
When did I say it should be a blowout. This is a game we SHOULD win by 10 to 17. I don't expect every game to be 49-6 like some of the resident assclowns on this site, but not every game should come down to the final minute (like last year) either.

I think the team that scores the most points will likely win the game. ;)

..If we can get off to a fast start we should beat them no problem, but this team has difficulty getting started.

Advertisement
I get that the FSU game should be close and when we play good/elite teams, but this needs to be a UNC game scoring affair for us. We need to start rolling these middle-of-the-pack Coastal teams. UVA always plays us tough, but we need to put on a show.

No reason for this game to not be a 45-24 type of affair...that's how we did average teams in the Big East back in the day, like the West Virginias of the CFB world.

I get that the FSU game should be close and when we play good/elite teams, but this needs to be a UNC game scoring affair for us. We need to start rolling these middle-of-the-pack Coastal teams. UVA always plays us tough, but we need to put on a show.

No reason for this game to not be a 45-24 type of affair...that's how we did average teams in the Big East back in the day, like the West Virginias of the CFB world.

Look deeper than “should be”, man.

There are all kinds of variables at play that will more than likely make this game very tough.

It’s almost as if some of you guys just started watching football

When did I say it should be a blowout. This is a game we SHOULD win by 10 to 17. I don't expect every game to be 49-6 like some of the resident assclowns on this site, but not every game should come down to the final minute (like last year) either.

You showed a lack of understanding of this whole thing when your entire post was "they lost to Indiana". Losing to Indiana means nothing.

..that's how we did average teams in the Big East back in the day.....

Breaking news: we're not "back in the day". This team isn't going to just blow everyone out every week. As a matter of fact, no one except Alabama is doing that.

Advertisement
Look deeper than “should be”, man.

There are all kinds of variables at play that will more than likely make this game very tough.

It’s almost as if some of you guys just started watching football

Again, I said "should be"...specifically based on the level of talent we have compared to the opposition and it being year 3 of the current regime. Been watching Canes football for over 30 years...I'm pretty sure I know what I'm seeing and talking about.

Breaking news: we're not "back in the day". This team isn't going to just blow everyone out every week. As a matter of fact, no one except Alabama is doing that.

Again, didn't say blow everyone out, but put away soundly middling teams in our conference. I prefaced this comment with the one stating that I expect close games between rivals and good teams. UVA is not a good team...not a bad team either, but not good... Just average.

Again, didn't say blow everyone out, but put away soundly middling teams in our conference. I prefaced this comment with the one stating that I expect close games between rivals and good teams. UVA is not a good team...not a bad team either, but not good... Just average.

Like who? Who else is putting away the middling teams with ease on a weekly basis?

Like who? Who else is putting away the middling teams with ease on a weekly basis?

West Virginia, NC State, UCF, Colorado, Clemson...to name several. There will always be a game a season that is close that shouldn't be, it happened to our team in 2001 with Boston College, but on average, we should be putting distance between average teams on the scoreboard.

*Jagr furiously researching the teams I listed above in 3...2...1...Lmao

Advertisement
Again, I said "should be"...specifically based on the level of talent we have compared to the opposition and it being year 3 of the current regime. Been watching Canes football for over 30 years...I'm pretty sure I know what I'm seeing and talking see all of the issues at play outside of mere talent.
Again, I said "should be"...specifically based on the level of talent we have compared to the opposition and it being year 3 of the current regime. Been watching Canes football for over 30 years...I'm pretty sure I know what I'm seeing and talking about.

Well, 30 year fan or not, you certainly aren’t seeing all the angles, traps, and land mines that are on full display. Vegas surely sees it, as well as many of us in this thread that’s seeing the exact same thing.

1. We are coming off of an physical, deeply emotional, hard hitting game, and rest assured many of our guys will be banged up and far less than 90%, including JT4. That’s one of the most physical, hardest hitting games I’ve seen us be a part of in years.

2. UVA is coming off a bye week with 2 weeks of rest and game prep.

3. Bronco has had Manny’s number going back years. This year’s defense is a different beast, but history can’t be ignored here.

4. They get us at home

5. Big, physical mobile QB that can extend plays with his feet and make plays with his arm.

That’s a recipe for an upset if I ever saw one.

Well, 30 year fan or not, you certainly aren’t seeing all the angles, traps, and land mines that are on full display. Vegas surely sees it, as well as many of us in this thread that’s seeing the exact same thing.

1. We are coming off of an physical, deeply emotional, hard hitting game, and rest assured many of our guys will be banged up and far less than 90%, including JT4. That’s one of the most physical, hardest hitting games I’ve seen us be a part of in years.

3. Bronco has had Manny’s number going back years. This year’s defense is a different beast, but history can’t be ignored here.

4. They get us at home

5. Big, physical mobile QB that can extend plays with his feet and make plays with his arm.

All solid points, but if we want to get back to being elite, we need to start putting away opponents like this. Sure, 1st half should be close and competitive, but by the 4th quarter the backups should be in getting quality PT.

4. They get us at home

How has Bronco had Manny’s number going back years? Bronco is a defensive coach, but did Diaz coach against them when he was at MSU or Louisiana Tech? Serious question because I’ve seen two people say something along those lines in this thread. We killed them in 2016.

Advertisement

UNC? you picked a game where the defense scored three times. chances of the defense scoring once aren't even that good.

Line actually opened at 7.5 to 8 and has already moved to 6.0. Early money clearly believes Miami may be in for a tough one this weekend.

I think we win, but I don't see us blowing them out by any means.

early money watched the FSU-miami game, and thinks that's reflective of miami as a whole. it's not. that game is always going to be close, regardless of the teams' abilities.

14 point spread last week was dumb. so is 6 this week. easy $, bet on miami.

West Virginia, NC State, UCF, Colorado, Clemson...to name several. There will always be a game a season that is close that shouldn't be, it happened to our team in 2001 with Boston College, but on average, we should be putting distance between average teams on the scoreboard.

*Jagr furiously researching the teams I listed above in 3...2...1...Lmao

No need to research them, because I actually follow college football.

West Virginia regularly loses 4-5 games, will always be in dogfights with that defense.
NC State just went to the wire with Boston College, couldn't put away James Madison
UCF.......let's stick to P5, thanks.
Colorado went to the very end with 0-5 Nebraska and Arizona State
Clemson......you mean the Clemson that had to survive Syracuse and Texas A&M

Good effort, but it's clear that you only watch Miami. There is one (1) team taking care of business week in and week out.

All solid points, but if we want to get back to being elite, we need to start putting away opponents like this. Sure, 1st half should be close and competitive, but by the 4th quarter the backups should be in getting quality PT.

You mean "when we are elite we will start putting away teams like this". We are not elite.

Advertisement
Back