-6 vs UVA

Actually, I think the bettors are watching our special teams, which is costing us 6 - 7 points a game in my estimation. Without total domination by our defense (like 2nd half of FSU, which is difficult to do every game), we will lose one or two road games the rest of the way if ST don't improve dramatically.

It's so **** obvious to all that our STs sucks that even Richt called them out today. Hoping that means he will throw whatever it takes at emergency triage to correct our coverage units. &hit is unacceptable.

Advertisement
Here we go again. Many of you guys called for a blowout last week too. Some of you old heads should know better.

These guys are coming off a bye week, we just played an emotionally draining, tough, physical game, and they get us at home.

This game will be tough. Plus, Bronco is Manny’s achillees heel. He knows how to scheme against a Manny D. After all, he got manny fired from tejas.

Didn’t you say we’d lose to FSU?

LMAO. I love when people say this.

Okay, so when you actually get less, like playing close games against Syracuse or Virginia, how exactly do you "refuse to accept" the result?

by voicing my disdain and displeasure...that's what people do in a Democracy...

I was nervous about the spot for the reasons many already stated herein (FSU hangover), but I’m beginning to think there’s some value with the line.

If you look at the power ratings, Miami would be about an 8.5 favorite on a neutral field. So 6.5 isn’t too far off (edit: I’m seeing 5.5 now).

Maybe a tad bit concerning that it opened north of the key number 7 and ticked back across it, but I think it may be an over reaction to the offense looking horrible in a nationally televised game ... again.

Virginia’s weakest defensive unit is their DL, where they have 2 true frosh playing, including at NT. While LB is their best unit, they have been getting gashed in the run game due to struggles with gap assignment.

As we’ve seen, it’s the strong, athletic DLs that give us fits. UVA doesn’t have one of those. Maybe we come out a little flat, but as long as richt stays committed to a ground attack, I think we pull away in the second half for a win and cover.
UVA has 3 linebackers out for the season I believe

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honestly it was good we faced FSU before them. VA will try and do short quick passes and screens to counter our defense which is exactly what FSU was doing in the first half. We made the adjustment and shut them down. Let's hope we can get off to a fast start Sat. If we can get up by 14 early we will be fine.

Good, so you will say we will lose to Virginia....reverse psychology works!

No, I’m saving the magic for VT, and if we make it there, against Clemson. But I only break it out when the fan base gets irrational in big games (calling for blowouts etc)

Advertisement
Actually, I think the bettors are watching our special teams, which is costing us 6 - 7 points a game in my estimation. Without total domination by our defense (like 2nd half of FSU, which is difficult to do every game), we will lose one or two road games the rest of the way if ST don't improve dramatically.

perfect, let's put our money where our mouth is, then? how much?

Just hope the Canes have a rare fast start and score a couple td,s on their first 2 possessions. One can dream right

Advertisement
This will be like the 2016 game where it was close for the first two quarters and we pulled away after half time.

Count me in for a piece of that 30 point win prediction.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Miami beats the next 6 teams by the same margin.

When will you all learn about making these haughty, over-inflated score predictions? The same folks predicting easy blow out wins will be the ones having complete meltdowns in the gameday threads upon every incomplete pass or 3 and out series. Ya'll gotta chill fam. Don't get me wrong, it would be great to blow them out by 30+, but the likelihood of that happening is slim.

Advertisement
Back