5 star DT Lamont Gaillard

Advertisement
We screwed around on these two, if you read Emjay's posts for weeks over on Grassy. The guy was totally frustrated trying to get some attention from UM staff over these two. It was equally frustrating reading the posts, so much so that I thought of calling down to the football office and trying to rouse somebody. I used to talk to staff down there, but it was more than 20 years ago. I don't know anybody there now, although I used to know Kehoe. I figured they evaluated the two kids and decided it was not worth their time. There is something that Al has got to fix. I hope it's not too late.

I don't follow, are you saying that we're late because we offered someone during the spring evaluation period (i.e. when the majority of offers go out)?

Absolutely not. I didn't say anything about the spring evaluation period. All I'm saying is, this guy Emjay, who claims to be a coach at Fayetteville Pine Forest, where Gaillaird and Landry play, was trying to get UM interested in these two. He was posting on Grassy (Scout) for weeks and weeks. He said that nobody at UM returned his calls, nobody responded to the videos he sent down (I don't know if he sent video files by email or DVDs), etc. He called a bunch of names in the football department, left messages and voicemails, and nobody responded. Then, a couple of weeks ago, UM offered another kid at DT in the same area of North Carolina. Emjay then posted on Grassy saying it was nice to see the offer, the kid they offered was also very good, just wished that UM showed interest in his two (Gaillaird and Landry). He felt his two were also worthy of consideration. He said he was a huge UM fan and the two kids were also very interested in UM. He also said that all the top schools had been coming by, Alabama, Clemson, UF, and others. Perhaps Gailliaird got more of the attention but both were receiving attention. But still, nothing from UM. Emjay was totally frustrated. I was totally frustrated because, if this kid was as good as Emjay said he was, and was receiving all the big school attemtion, I couldn't understand why UM didn't also show interest. I began to think that either of two scenarios was true: (1) UM had looked at the video, and decided the kids werent' all that good, or (2) Emjay was a troll. All of a sudden, Emjay says the coach of the other good NC kid, who did get the offer, told UM about Gaillaird and Landy. Then UM decided to pay a visit. Emjay then posted on Grassy that he was ecstatic that UM now decided to visit the school. He said that, by now, with being ignored for so long by UM, and with so many other schools showing such intense interest, we now had some ground to make up. Within a few days, the reports came out that UM offered both, so now the question is: why didn't somebody at UM listen and respond to Emjay's voicemails, emails, etc. Why didn't anybody even bother to acknowledge them? It would have been the polite and smart thing to do.

What this looks like, is gross incompetence on the part of the staff down at UM--whether it was a secretary, an administrative assistant, an assistant coach, a recruiting coordinator, or whomever--it really looks very bad.

Some years ago somebody on Grassy told me about a QB in Illinois who was very interested in UM. I told a friend, he told the recruiting office (where my friend was then well-known, having volunteered there for years) and within a week, UM had requested film. Turned out the kid was not UM material, and ended up at, I think, the other Miami, of Ohio. Still, the staff was efficient and pro-active. You've got to wonder what's going on there now, with a glaring need at DT and a purportedly top prospect dying for our attention and our staff ignores the attempts by the high school coach to get UM interested.

That's the story that I followed for weeks on Grassy.

I'm not entirely sure what the spring evaluation period means---I know that twenty years ago the coaches would go out on visits in May of each year, but if it means what I suspect it means, that it is the time when we should be finding guys like Gaillaird and Landry, and the voicemails and emails or whatever Emjay did should get answered. It just seems unbelievable for what seems like a very intense, efficient and hardworking staff as I suspect Golden's staff is. Of course, we don't know the entire story. Maybe they are looking at so many kids that they are overwhelmed with work and just can't get to everybody fast enough.

You wrote an essay when your last sentence is likely what happened. For all the talk about how interested they are, we'll see what happens now that nothing is standing in their way of being a Cane.

Yeah, I'm sorry for writing an essay. I was trying to give a complete history of what I observed and the trouble this guy was having in getting the staff to respond with even so little as a return phone call. Sorry that I wrote an essay when all our competition seemed to have staff that was on top of these two, while we were not returning phone calls and it looked like these kids were slipping through our fingers.

It turns out that maybe we did not lose a chance on these two.

I'm sorry for writing an essay when the average attention span on this board is about two lines before an intelligent thread degenerates into childish insults and some language that appears to be in English but is replete with statements and sentences that make no sense to one conversant in the language. Such words as "corch." and "negged," and God knows what other kind of garbage passes for discourse. And all of this from people who largely left Grassy because it had degenerated into DBC's tales and PowerAwesomeBuckeye 3T.

Haha he's not mad at Miami! He's in love with Richt! There's a difference. That guys a genuine, cool guy. That's what I meant about ground needing to be made up!

Please show him this with regards to Richt and UGA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIUH4n0mXWc

And then show him pretty much any Raising Canes. The one from GT last year is a pretty good one.

Who's dat? Mc bocephus?

It's Mark Richt's son.

Advertisement
Haha he's not mad at Miami! He's in love with Richt! There's a difference. That guys a genuine, cool guy. That's what I meant about ground needing to be made up!

And then show him pretty much any Raising Canes. The one from GT last year is a pretty good one.

Who's dat? Mc bocephus?

It's Mark Richt's son.

I couldn't stomach the whole video... omg I hope I didn't miss anything. Anyway, we need DT's. Free used washer and dryer to any DT is what Golden has been selling.

Uncle Jethro visited and offered, selling academics, he's excited about all his offers and the opportunity he has, doesnt know a lot about Miami but has talked to other recruits who have visited and they it's a nice campus and a good staff. He is looking forward to seeing it for himself.

It's early but he wants to meet more coaches. He says he'll be seeing Alabama and Miami soon, probably in June.

Relationship with the coaches, getting a degree, and player chemistry are his factors in this process. Location isnt a factor and he wants out of Fayetteville.

Has a bunch of SEC and ACC offers.

We screwed around on these two, if you read Emjay's posts for weeks over on Grassy. The guy was totally frustrated trying to get some attention from UM staff over these two. It was equally frustrating reading the posts, so much so that I thought of calling down to the football office and trying to rouse somebody. I used to talk to staff down there, but it was more than 20 years ago. I don't know anybody there now, although I used to know Kehoe. I figured they evaluated the two kids and decided it was not worth their time. There is something that Al has got to fix. I hope it's not too late.

I don't follow, are you saying that we're late because we offered someone during the spring evaluation period (i.e. when the majority of offers go out)?

Absolutely not. I didn't say anything about the spring evaluation period. All I'm saying is, this guy Emjay, who claims to be a coach at Fayetteville Pine Forest, where Gaillaird and Landry play, was trying to get UM interested in these two. He was posting on Grassy (Scout) for weeks and weeks. He said that nobody at UM returned his calls, nobody responded to the videos he sent down (I don't know if he sent video files by email or DVDs), etc. He called a bunch of names in the football department, left messages and voicemails, and nobody responded. Then, a couple of weeks ago, UM offered another kid at DT in the same area of North Carolina. Emjay then posted on Grassy saying it was nice to see the offer, the kid they offered was also very good, just wished that UM showed interest in his two (Gaillaird and Landry). He felt his two were also worthy of consideration. He said he was a huge UM fan and the two kids were also very interested in UM. He also said that all the top schools had been coming by, Alabama, Clemson, UF, and others. Perhaps Gailliaird got more of the attention but both were receiving attention. But still, nothing from UM. Emjay was totally frustrated. I was totally frustrated because, if this kid was as good as Emjay said he was, and was receiving all the big school attemtion, I couldn't understand why UM didn't also show interest. I began to think that either of two scenarios was true: (1) UM had looked at the video, and decided the kids werent' all that good, or (2) Emjay was a troll. All of a sudden, Emjay says the coach of the other good NC kid, who did get the offer, told UM about Gaillaird and Landy. Then UM decided to pay a visit. Emjay then posted on Grassy that he was ecstatic that UM now decided to visit the school. He said that, by now, with being ignored for so long by UM, and with so many other schools showing such intense interest, we now had some ground to make up. Within a few days, the reports came out that UM offered both, so now the question is: why didn't somebody at UM listen and respond to Emjay's voicemails, emails, etc. Why didn't anybody even bother to acknowledge them? It would have been the polite and smart thing to do.

What this looks like, is gross incompetence on the part of the staff down at UM--whether it was a secretary, an administrative assistant, an assistant coach, a recruiting coordinator, or whomever--it really looks very bad.

Some years ago somebody on Grassy told me about a QB in Illinois who was very interested in UM. I told a friend, he told the recruiting office (where my friend was then well-known, having volunteered there for years) and within a week, UM had requested film. Turned out the kid was not UM material, and ended up at, I think, the other Miami, of Ohio. Still, the staff was efficient and pro-active. You've got to wonder what's going on there now, with a glaring need at DT and a purportedly top prospect dying for our attention and our staff ignores the attempts by the high school coach to get UM interested.

I'm not entirely sure what the spring evaluation period means---I know that twenty years ago the coaches would go out on visits in May of each year, but if it means what I suspect it means, that it is the time when we should be finding guys like Gaillaird and Landry, and the voicemails and emails or whatever Emjay did should get answered. It just seems unbelievable for what seems like a very intense, efficient and hardworking staff as I suspect Golden's staff is. Of course, we don't know the entire story. Maybe they are looking at so many kids that they are overwhelmed with work and just can't get to everybody fast enough.

You wrote an essay when your last sentence is likely what happened. For all the talk about how interested they are, we'll see what happens now that nothing is standing in their way of being a Cane.

Yeah, I'm sorry for writing an essay. I was trying to give a complete history of what I observed and the trouble this guy was having in getting the staff to respond with even so little as a return phone call. Sorry that I wrote an essay when all our competition seemed to have staff that was on top of these two, while we were not returning phone calls and it looked like these kids were slipping through our fingers.

I'm sorry for writing an essay when the average attention span on this board is about two lines before an intelligent thread degenerates into childish insults and some language that appears to be in English but is replete with statements and sentences that make no sense to one conversant in the language. Such words as "corch." and "negged," and God knows what other kind of garbage passes for discourse. And all of this from people who largely left Grassy because it had degenerated into DBC's tales and PowerAwesomeBuckeye 3T.

Good info, however I don't fault the coaches. They probably put him in line to be evaluated. Now is when they start scanning the country and they only started a few weeks ago, also theyve been trying to establish a SFL base first. If they hadnt offered by September I would fault them, but its still April for God's sakes

Good info, however I don't fault the coaches. They probably put him in line to be evaluated. Now is when they start scanning the country and they only started a few weeks ago, also theyve been trying to establish a SFL base first. If they hadnt offered by September I would fault them, but its still April for God's sakes

DBC was annoying as but I actually miss some of PowerAwsomeBuckeye and Sniffs narcissist speak.

Advertisement

Uncle Jethro visited and offered, selling academics, he's excited about all his offers and the opportunity he has, doesnt know a lot about Miami but has talked to other recruits who have visited and they it's a nice campus and a good staff. He is looking forward to seeing it for himself.

It's early but he wants to meet more coaches. He says he'll be seeing Alabama and Miami soon, probably in June.

Relationship with the coaches, getting a degree, and player chemistry are his factors in this process. Location isnt a factor and he wants out of Fayetteville.

Has a bunch of SEC and ACC offers.

The craziest thing is that the coach who was explaining about him a couple weeks back is right on the money so we may have our biggest recruiter for a 5 star dt that we need

UGA is really feeling good about thier chances and last week he gave the following interview, with no mention of UM.

Lamont interview speaking about his summer plans
http://gamedayr.com/gamedayr/lamont-gaillard-favors-georgia-eliminates-florida/

Also teamate Harold Landry seems to leaning in completely different direction then Gaillord so I am thinking that package deal may not be as strong as before.

Landry interview given to Buckeye site
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/recruiting/2013/05/2014-de-harold-landry

Both of these sites are of course biased but I think it maybe telling that neither player mentions Miami, but clearly list schools of interest. Hopefully things change in favor f UM.

Go Canes

UGA is really feeling good about thier chances and last week he gave the following interview, with no mention of UM.

Lamont interview speaking about his summer plans
http://gamedayr.com/gamedayr/lamont-gaillard-favors-georgia-eliminates-florida/

Also teamate Harold Landry seems to leaning in completely different direction then Gaillord so I am thinking that package deal may not be as strong as before.

Landry interview given to Buckeye site
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/recruiting/2013/05/2014-de-harold-landry

Both of these sites are of course biased but I think it maybe telling that neither player mentions Miami, but clearly list schools of interest. Hopefully things change in favor f UM.

Go Canes

Yeah. It seems, based on what I see mainly on this board and a few other public sources, is that we're talking to so many prospects that maybe we have't been in touch with them as much. I don't know whether this staff is more active than previous ones, or maybe there's just more information out there about spring recruiting. It seems like our coaches are really beating the bushes, all over the country.Some of our staffs, like Jimmy Johnson's, liked Texas a lot. Now, it seems we're more into California. That's because of the predilections of the coaches.

Yeah, I liked Power3TAwesome Buckeye. The guy had a gift. I'm still waiting to see Uban Myer change the whole landscaping of college football. He should get the Georgia job if Richt leaves, then he can be in charge of trimming the hedges.

Advertisement
I hear a lor of complaining about this coaching staff, but I have written 5 or 6 emails to Coach Golden. He responed to one with a personal to the point response. Another, concerning the Campbell kid in JC, was answered by Hurlie. It looked to me like Carroll got in rouch with the kid the day after that. Responding to 2 out of 6 emails from some fan sounds like they are paying very close attention. Doesn't mean they always agree with us, but they seem to be on the job big time! I have the many of the same issues most fans do about the defense, but we have to give them a chance. Larry and Randy, not to mention the administration, did tremendous damage to THE U. Remember, we have not won crap and the NFL is already raiding Golden's staff. He must have some I for coaching talent.

Can someone who is "facebook friends" with Sony post this on his page?

Advertisement

Can someone who is "facebook friends" with Sony post this on his page?

Yeah, that might have been the biggest auto tuned piece of crap since Rebecca Black's Friday

I still can't believe with our dire need for DTs our staff slow-played this cat after attempts from his hurricane-fan head coach to get him looked at.

Now he's a top 10 DT, or higher, and we have a ****load of ground to make up with him. SMH.

Advertisement
Back