5 star DT Lamont Gaillard

Interesting quote from Guillard from ESPN insider.

"Yes sir, Florida is out," he wrote. "They're mad because me and my teammate got offered by Miami."

What does this even mean. How can Florida be mad at him for Miami offering?

Probably miss-quote because it doesn't make sense...

Advertisement

"Yes sir, Florida is out," he wrote. "They're mad because me and my teammate got offered by Miami."

If I had to guess, I would say that the Florida staff told him something along the lines of, "WTF BRO! Miami only offered your teammate because they're trying to land you!"

To which Gaillard responded, "You mad, bro?" whilst removing his shirt and acting in a confrontational manner towards the Florida staffer.

That's how I see it going down. I don't know. That's probably what happened.

If I had to guess, I would say that the Florida staff told him something along the lines of, "WTF BRO! Miami only offered your teammate because they're trying to land you!"

To which Gaillard responded, "You mad, bro?" whilst removing his shirt and acting in a confrontational manner towards the Florida staffer.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=13&f=2928&t=11477972

Miami enters the picture late, instantly top 3 for both while a certain school is eliminated... should speak on how interested they are, but ground has to be made up for sure

Lol at the guys on certain boards calling me a troll lol...I'm just a big canes fan yhat happens to coach two kids who had legit interest in the U (then they met Richt, Venebales and some others tgat have really won over their interests, can u blame them?)but I will have to stop posting in order to protect the integrity of the recruiting process for our kids. Check the history, I NEVER ANTICIPATED THEM TO GET THIS BIG...

10 months left, let it play out is all I ask

Pretty sure the coach and Gaillard were trying to get Florida to offer Landry and Florida said no. They said "well Miami offered both players" and Muscahmp said I dont care what Miami did it it not happening here.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Miami enters the picture late, instantly top 3 for both while a certain school is eliminated... should speak on how interested they are, but ground has to be made up for sure

Lol at the guys on certain boards calling me a troll lol...I'm just a big canes fan yhat happens to coach two kids who had legit interest in the U (then they met Richt, Venebales and some others tgat have really won over their interests, can u blame them?)but I will have to stop posting in order to protect the integrity of the recruiting process for our kids. Check the history, I NEVER ANTICIPATED THEM TO GET THIS BIG...

Pretty sure the coach and Gaillard were trying to get Florida to offer Landry and Florida said no. They said "well Miami offered both players" and Muscahmp said I dont care what Miami did it it not happening here

Yep, sounds what most likely happened.

Pretty sure the coach and Gaillard were trying to get Florida to offer Landry and Florida said no. They said "well Miami offered both players" and Muscahmp said I dont care what Miami did it it not happening here.

not true, i hear that Muschump offered to milk Gaillard prostate and it was all down hill from there

not true, i hear that Muschump offered to milk Gaillard prostate and it was all down hill from there

It was the banana again. Dude never learns.

It was the banana again. Dude never learns.

Banana peel created too much foreplay. Has moved to cucumbers.

Advertisement
We screwed around on these two, if you read Emjay's posts for weeks over on Grassy. The guy was totally frustrated trying to get some attention from UM staff over these two. It was equally frustrating reading the posts, so much so that I thought of calling down to the football office and trying to rouse somebody. I used to talk to staff down there, but it was more than 20 years ago. I don't know anybody there now, although I used to know Kehoe. I figured they evaluated the two kids and decided it was not worth their time. There is something that Al has got to fix. I hope it's not too late.

We screwed around on these two, if you read Emjay's posts for weeks over on Grassy. The guy was totally frustrated trying to get some attention from UM staff over these two. It was equally frustrating reading the posts, so much so that I thought of calling down to the football office and trying to rouse somebody. I used to talk to staff down there, but it was more than 20 years ago. I don't know anybody there now, although I used to know Kehoe. I figured they evaluated the two kids and decided it was not worth their time. There is something that Al has got to fix. I hope it's not too late.

Frustrating to say the least, especially with our need for DT, you would think we are scouring high and low to find somebody. I could understand not going by list but atleast know who and where the talented players are. With Golden's 300 page binder I am sure there is somewhere in there where it talks about attention to detail. Now it may not be him but Donofrio has us ranked in the 100s and is pulling in 6 figures no matter what. Dude needs to be finding talent and trying to lock it down. Dam this type of stuff ****es me off, and the apologist cant say anything because the info is first hand. ugh.

I don't follow, are you saying that we're late because we offered someone during the spring evaluation period (i.e. when the majority of offers go out)?

Frustrating to say the least, especially with our need for DT, you would think we are scouring high and low to find somebody. I could understand not going by list but atleast know who and where the talented players are. With Golden's 300 page binder I am sure there is somewhere in there where it talks about attention to detail. Now it may not be him but Donofrio has us ranked in the 100s and is pulling in 6 figures no matter what. Dude needs to be finding talent and trying to lock it down. Dam this type of stuff ****es me off, and the apologist cant say anything because the info is first hand. ugh.

Isn't this the spring evaluation period?

Try Xanax to relax, Midol for cramps.

Advertisement

Isn't this the spring evaluation period?

Try Xanax to relax, Midol for cramps.

If you're too late on a guy at this time then we never had much of a chance, recruits shouldn't have to worry about who offers first is who and where re the best for himself

I was invited over to this board by a cane fan and after reading some of the post, i feel i HAVE to clear some things up

First of all, DO NOT BELEIVE EVERYTHING YOU READ IN THESE ARTICLES

They flip these kids quotes into whatever makes the biggest headline

No, there is no such thing as a package deal for Harold and Lamont. They'd like to play together but that's as far as it goes. They're favorites are BC for Harold (mother loves the school and staff) and Georgia for Gaillard (1st school to show genuine interest, before all these scouting services came around). Lamont dropped Florida for reasons, but NOT because they aren't offering Harold. That's a silly claim at best. If this were the case, Georgia wouldn't be his #1 because they arent recruiting Landry at all.

Miami actually LOVES BOTH. Not courting Landry to try to land Gaillard, which is something that these reporters have done a great job of sensationalizing. Landry is a player and has a slew of offers from schools that have not offered Gaillard.

And yes, Miami is fairly late when recruiting the #2 def tackle in the country when you think about how much we've tried to contact the staff, all the while, staffs like Alabama, FSU and ND have been working to contact us. Think in the eyes of a 16/17 year old kid.

With that said, there's 10 months to go. We will be down in Coral Gables in June. Let it play out.

Just wanted to clear up all this negative bs about Florida being dropped because they didn't offer Landry. Florida was dropped for other reasons.

Last edited:
I was invited over to this board by a cane fan and after reading some of the post, i feel i HAVE to clear some things up

No, there is no such thing as a package deal for Harold and Lamont. They'd like to play together but that's as far as it goes. They're favorites are BC for Harold (mother loves the school and staff) and Georgia for Gaillard (1st school to show genuine interest, before all these scouting services came around). Lamont dropped Florida for reasons, but NOT because they aren't offering Harold. That's a silly claim at best. If this were the case, Georgia wouldn't be his #1 because they arent recruiting Landry at all.

Miami actually LOVES BOTH. Not courting Landry to try to land Gaillard, which is something that these reporters have done a great job of sensationalizing. Landry is a player and has a slew of offers from schools that have not offered Gaillard.

And yes, Miami is fairly late when recruiting the #2 def tackle in the country when you think about how much we've tried to contact the staff, all the while, staffs like Alabama, FSU and ND have been working to contact us. Think in the eyes of a 16/17 year old kid.

With that said, there's 10 months to go. We will be down in Coral Gables in June. Let it play out.

Just wanted to clear up all this negative bs about Florida being dropped because they didn't offer Landry. Florida was dropped for other reasons.
Good info, I hope they enjoy their time in June

Advertisement

Thanks. And keep putting in work. It's clear you care for these kids and that is admirable. Also, this gives us an opportunity to make up more ****e about Florida. I heard they were dropped for asking Gaillard to do his visit in jorts.

First, welcome to the board emjay. I read your posts over on Scout and I was hoping that you would find your way over here.

I have a few questions:

1) Did our staff give you an explanation as to why all your efforts to contact them were initially overlooked or rebuffed?

2) Is our staff offering Landry as strictly a DE or have they broached the possibility of also trying him at LB (we are becoming thinner and thinner here by the day)? Can he, in your opinion, make the transition?

3) How much do you think the depth chart situation on each team will factor into Gaillard's thinking when making a decision?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Yes I'm fortunate enough to coach these kids and thanks for the compliment

Well, there was no explanation given, but I'll be honest, I was just happy they came by.

Harold Landry is an athlete. He's worked out at different combines as a linebacker, defensive end and beleive it or not, receiver. He's the best receiver I've had the pleasure of coaching and it's not even close. NC State has offered him as an H-Back. Miami is in love with the idea of how rangy he is.

The depth chart situation is huge for them both. To be honest though, every school sales a pitch about early playing time and they all make up some story about early entrees in next years draft. The kids are doing their research and will find the situation that best fits each of them.

I don't want to post too much more though. I really just wanted to end all that crap about UIF. We appreciate all the kind words from you guys as we strive to get ready for our season. Thanks and no matter what Go CANES

Advertisement
Back