5 star DT Lamont Gaillard

Everyone ******* relax. It is June. IF we don't get the kids on campus, then there was never really a shot. If they come, then we have just as good a shot as anyone else. We jumped up to #2 on Gaillard's list, over presumed favorite UiF, overnight. This time last year, we had no shot at AQM and Coley and everyone had the Killer B's signed, sealed and delivered as our DT class. We are recruiting about 25 DTs right now, it seems, so let it play out and stop letting UGA rustle your jimmies. We all knew with the amount of talent in this class it was going to be a feeding frenzy, and we would be losing highly ranked kids from our own backyard because of sheer numbers. So what surprises anyone when a kid from completely neutral territory becomes a battle? Lot of female shoulders in here right now.

Advertisement
Of course he recruits against us, he's the head coach of Georgia. My point to Paranos is the argument that Richt didn't help this kid with his homework is weak unless there is some evidence to that effect. And then to say that they have turnover in their roster really isn't making the argument any stronger as every major program has turnover. And as far as this whole Cane/enemy thing read my signature.

Paranos how do you know Richt didn't try to help the kid through academic support? I question Richt as a head football coach, this very well maybe his final season at UGA, but unless you have some other info this seems a bit of a stretch. And every major program has turnover that's the ugly underside of big college football. Not defending Georgia as much as I am Richt, who as you know, holds a degree from UM.

Money is the issue but we're currently raising it... they both want to go down badly and both are impressionable so.....

Emjay i will offer these FACTs, for you to share with Gailard regarding Mark Richt and UGA. Last year there Juco NT Jenkins was academically ineligible for their bowl game as a SR ( whch most likely means he will never get a degree from UGA). So looking at this 2 yrs prior they accept the young man into the University but rather then get him the academic help he needs to Graduate with a viable education, they instead just used smoke and mirrors to keep him eligible. Then cut him loose when they don't needed him any longer after the Sec Title game without a degree. But Richt is a christian upfront guy. Jenkins has some interesting quotes also about giving his word to help tge program, nothing mentioned about getting a degree for himself.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/dec/27/jenkins-ineligible-for-uga-in-bowl/

UM has consistantly been in the Top 10 nationally for APR, where as UGA has been declining despite their attempts to manipulate the system by having players take non traditional degree programs which are much easier.

APR rankings report over the last 5 years
http://cfn.scout.com/2/1196887.html

UGA Academc fluffing
http://www.georgiadogs.com/school-bio/academics.html

Not To mention how Richt likes to just cast off players or encourage them to transfer to make room for others. In 4 yrs he did this to 28 players. Where as AG will stick with a player if they do the right things.
http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2012/03/29/roster-attrition-occurring-at-alarming-rate-for-georgia-football/

UM however does everything it can to make sure its players graduate with Meaningful degrees. Even NFL players come bck to finish thier degrees at UM.

http://www.themiamihurricane.com/2010/03/10/nfl-wide-receiver-andre-johnson-returns-to-his-roots-at-um-plans-to-finish-his-liberal-arts-degree/
Richt is the enemy now(even with his degree). Willingly or unwillingly, you are defending him in this post.

Or are you thinking he said goods thing about Miami for S. Mitchel? I bet he remember(ed) his Miami degree while recruiting against us...

Of course he recruits against us, he's the head coach of Georgia. My point to Paranos is the argument that Richt didn't help this kid with his homework is weak unless there is some evidence to that effect. And then to say that they have turnover in their roster really isn't making the argument any stronger as every major program has turnover. And as far as this whole Cane/enemy thing read my signature.

Paranos how do you know Richt didn't try to help the kid through academic support? I question Richt as a head football coach, this very well maybe his final season at UGA, but unless you have some other info this seems a bit of a stretch. And every major program has turnover that's the ugly underside of big college football. Not defending Georgia as much as I am Richt, who as you know, holds a degree from UM.

Money is the issue but we're currently raising it... they both want to go down badly and both are impressionable so.....

Emjay i will offer these FACTs, for you to share with Gailard regarding Mark Richt and UGA. Last year there Juco NT Jenkins was academically ineligible for their bowl game as a SR ( whch most likely means he will never get a degree from UGA). So looking at this 2 yrs prior they accept the young man into the University but rather then get him the academic help he needs to Graduate with a viable education, they instead just used smoke and mirrors to keep him eligible. Then cut him loose when they don't needed him any longer after the Sec Title game without a degree. But Richt is a christian upfront guy. Jenkins has some interesting quotes also about giving his word to help tge program, nothing mentioned about getting a degree for himself.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/dec/27/jenkins-ineligible-for-uga-in-bowl/

UM has consistantly been in the Top 10 nationally for APR, where as UGA has been declining despite their attempts to manipulate the system by having players take non traditional degree programs which are much easier.

UGA Academc fluffing

Not To mention how Richt likes to just cast off players or encourage them to transfer to make room for others. In 4 yrs he did this to 28 players. Where as AG will stick with a player if they do the right things.
http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2012/03/29/roster-attrition-occurring-at-alarming-rate-for-georgia-football/

UM however does everything it can to make sure its players graduate with Meaningful degrees. Even NFL players come bck to finish thier degrees at UM.

http://www.themiamihurricane.com/2010/03/10/nfl-wide-receiver-andre-johnson-returns-to-his-roots-at-um-plans-to-finish-his-liberal-arts-degree/
Richt is the enemy now(even with his degree). Willingly or unwillingly, you are defending him in this post.

Or are you thinking he said goods thing about Miami for S. Mitchel? I bet he remember(ed) his Miami degree while recruiting against us...
Fair enough

I love where you head is on this thing though Cane. Meanwhile we're posting in a thread started by a gator who's got a little too cozy on our board, but that's another issue entirely.

UGA Academc fluffing

Fair enough

Everyone ******* relax. It is June. IF we don't get the kids on campus, then there was never really a shot. If they come, then we have just as good a shot as anyone else. We jumped up to #2 on Gaillard's list, over presumed favorite UiF, overnight. This time last year, we had no shot at AQM and Coley and everyone had the Killer B's signed, sealed and delivered as our DT class. We are recruiting about 25 DTs right now, it seems, so let it play out and stop letting UGA rustle your jimmies. We all knew with the amount of talent in this class it was going to be a feeding frenzy, and we would be losing highly ranked kids from our own backyard because of sheer numbers. So what surprises anyone when a kid from completely neutral territory becomes a battle? Lot of female shoulders in here right now.

And we only need to sign about 15-20 of them so we are good.

Advertisement
Everyone ****ing relax. It is June. IF we don't get the kids on campus, then there was never really a shot. If they come, then we have just as good a shot as anyone else. We jumped up to #2 on Gaillard's list, over presumed favorite UiF, overnight. This time last year, we had no shot at AQM and Coley and everyone had the Killer B's signed, sealed and delivered as our DT class. We are recruiting about 25 DTs right now, it seems, so let it play out and stop letting UGA rustle your jimmies. We all knew with the amount of talent in this class it was going to be a feeding frenzy, and we would be losing highly ranked kids from our own backyard because of sheer numbers. So what surprises anyone when a kid from completely neutral territory becomes a battle? Lot of female shoulders in here right now.

If we can get 1 more Juco DT & 1 DT out of high school, we should be fine. 4-5 should be the max and 5 DT's is kind of stretching it.

Everyone ****ing relax. It is June. IF we don't get the kids on campus, then there was never really a shot. If they come, then we have just as good a shot as anyone else. We jumped up to #2 on Gaillard's list, over presumed favorite UiF, overnight. This time last year, we had no shot at AQM and Coley and everyone had the Killer B's signed, sealed and delivered as our DT class. We are recruiting about 25 DTs right now, it seems, so let it play out and stop letting UGA rustle your jimmies. We all knew with the amount of talent in this class it was going to be a feeding frenzy, and we would be losing highly ranked kids from our own backyard because of sheer numbers. So what surprises anyone when a kid from completely neutral territory becomes a battle? Lot of female shoulders in here right now.

If we can get 1 more Juco DT & 1 DT out of high school, we should be fine. 4-5 should be the max and 5 DT's is kind of stretching it.

Yeah, but we need at least one dominator. Things change remarkably when you have one guy in the middle who can dominate, like Jerome Brown, Warren Sapp, Cortez Kennedy.....It's amazing how much it changes things.

Advertisement

Well, four this year, and four we missed out on last year, and another fifteen for good measure as we got siht for a Dline, and we should be good to go.

Actually I don't... Trust me, these 2 have tried to get down but there's so many monetary issues at play. Haven't even informed coach Franklin yet... we want them down before the season starts for an unofficial... as of right now, not looking good

So basically we are screwed, or at least behind Georgia and most of SEC country, since we are out of driving range?

Advertisement
Clark, Gaillard, Valentine, Holley, Huertelou, Johnson, Lamin, Derosier, Shaw, Brown...any 2-3 of those guys, on top of what we have committed, would be a huge boost for our program.

Advertisement
Actually I don't... Trust me, these 2 have tried to get down but there's so many monetary issues at play. Haven't even informed coach Franklin yet... we want them down before the season starts for an unofficial... as of right now, not looking good

emjay, been following you about these to for some time. Hope they get down. Would like to help out, but I am an alum and God knows if I even sent you a gas card it would result in a 3 year investigation. UGA is a decent school and Mark is a Cane, BUT the one thing he nor UGA or the whole SEC can give these kids is the chance to run through THE SMOKE and when they get to the NFL say "THE U". If they not Canes, then they will forever be just some other guys! It is all about THE U.

2015 top ten prospect Daylon Mack wants to visit Miami. He would be our biggest get in a while if we can land him. All the sites show him liking the Texas schools with no mentions of Miami. But he let me know he is interested. How do we get the coaches to contact him?

Clark, Gaillard, Valentine, Holley, Huertelou, Johnson, Lamin, Derosier, Shaw, Brown...any 2-3 of those guys, on top of what we have committed, would be a huge boost for our program.

Johnson looking like he will commit soon and to Miami. He knows Golden very well from his Temple days and loves him. If Miami signs Stuckey, Clark, Johnson, Derosier,Brown the DL is solid for the next 2-3 years..

Emjay,

What the latest on your player Gaillard when will he visit UM? I heard UGA thinking he commits at Dawgnight on July 12th.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back