2024 4* WR Chance Robinson - COMMITTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trader, on the other hand, is being recruited just as hard but isn’t really engaging the staff. That loss of interest this early is always bad. I’m trying to figure out if it’s just this one kid, or if there’s something more at the school itself.
Sounds to me like when all the crystal balls started rolling in it put a target on our back and teams have probably been negative recruiting us crazy to JoJo these past few months.

Advertisement
Sounds to me like when all the crystal balls started rolling in it put a target on our back and teams have probably been negative recruiting us crazy to JoJo these past few months.
At this point you don’t even need to negative recruit like crazy. If a WR brought up Miami to an another coach, I would just laugh and move on. This is a situation where we 100% did this to ourselves.

To me, it feels like just Miami so far. That being said, I’m not an insider nor do I know why the other schools are telling these kids that Miami is not.

This Trader thing is very odd.
Hmmm doesn't sound good. We'll know the truth sooner or later.

Advertisement
It’s never been a layup. It’s 2023, none of them are. That’s what Diaz, Richt, and Golden never understood.

There are no loyalties to **** down here.

If you guys knew how close Bain came to going to Alabama you’d **** your collective banana hammocks.

Unfortunately that's just been the common thread in SFL once the SEC got themselves more organized with their bag game and started their major investment in College Football in the early 2000's. Kids in SFL are not going to turn down bags of cash, houses, and jobs for their parents. So their loyalty to the local program diminished along with Miami not really doing anything to make their product attractive. We competing against an organized machine that's been doing this for almost 20 years.

It’s never been a layup. It’s 2023, none of them are. That’s what Diaz, Richt, and Golden never understood.

If you guys knew how close Bain came to going to Alabama you’d **** your collective banana hammocks.
I was expecting to lose both Brown and Bain to Bama most of the season. That is the normal trend with the high rated s.fla talent. If they don't commit early they usually end up going somewhere else around ESD. I wonder how Mario was able to turn the tide with those 2 as well as CJ and Fletcher? Just NIL and Mario's recruiting ability in general?

Unfortunately that's just been the common thread in SFL once the SEC got themselves more organized with their bag game and started their major investment in College Football in the early 2000's. Kids in SFL are not going to turn down bags of cash, houses, and jobs for their parents. So their loyalty to the local program diminished along with Miami not really doing anything to make their product attractive. We competing against an organized machine that's been doing this for almost 20 years.
Can’t dispute any of that but at some point there needs to be so accountability on the fact that we have just sucked. We talk about putting on for the city and the local kids would love to do that but their ultimate goal is for them to get to the league.

Bags have definitely made it an uphill battle but we haven’t even really given kids a reason to come here. I have been ****ed off so many times about a kid spurning us for whatever SEC school or Taint or Clemson, but objectively a majority of the time it was the right choice.

I was expecting to lose both Brown and Bain to Bama most of the season. That is the normal trend with the high rated s.fla talent. If they don't commit early they usually end up going somewhere else around ESD. I wonder how Mario was able to turn the tide with those 2 as well as CJ and Fletcher? Just NIL and Mario's recruiting ability in general?
The bolded hasn't worked for us either. How many years have we had the top-rated juniors only for them to decommit come spring or summer? Ignoring bags, it's hard to blame recruits when the results and development have been almost completely absent from the program for their entire lives.

Advertisement
Can’t dispute any of that but at some point there needs to be so accountability on the fact that we have just sucked. We talk about putting on for the city and the local kids would love to do that but their ultimate goal is for them to get to the league.

Bags have definitely made it an uphill battle but we haven’t even really given kids a reason to come here. I have been ****ed off so many times about a kid spurning us for whatever SEC school or Taint or Clemson, but objectively a majority of the time it was the right choice.

No arguments from me on the accountability part. I wasn't very descriptive, but meant product on the field as well when I said "Miami not really doing anything to make their product attractive."

No investment, terrible coaching hires, and players just not caring about losing enough breeds a ****** environment that a lot of the top players are not interested in coming too.

For those that have seen the kid play, who would be a South FL player comp?

If you look at his measurables and the write up for him, it’s pretty similar to ex STA WR Marcus Rosemy. Thought Rosemy would be pretty good but IIRC he had a pretty bad (at least bad looking) injury early on his career.
Haven’t seen him live, so feel free to correct me. Looks like he has more vertical speed than Rosemy. Maybe a smaller Hankerson, for the comp?

Well I hope not that would be a travesty to miss this layup

Even the best miss the easy ones from time to time.

giphy-6.gif

giphy-9.gif

And this is the truth anyway. Any blue chip SFL recruit worth having isn't a layup. I don't care about where his mommy and daddy went to school, how many UM posters he has up in his room, or if his name rhymes with hurricane. Every one of these is a contested shot.

I’ve posted before that my source isn’t as involved in recruiting as they where last year.

That being said, I asked specifically about 7 guys (3 of them WR), all local ‘24 and ‘25 kids.
Some of kids where Robinson (second best WR prospect down here), Trader, and Mills.

Robinson is excited about what he’s being told, and is being recruited heavily right now. If we can show it to him this spring and build on it with a good start to the season, he’s coming here.

Trader, on the other hand, is being recruited just as hard but isn’t really engaging the staff. That loss of interest this early is always bad. I’m trying to figure out if it’s just this one kid, or if there’s something more at the school itself.
Is Smith engaging more or less than Trader?

Advertisement
Regardless wether the elite dudes come down here or not, we can’t have sub par players as a back up plan.

Sorry, but the dudes we’ve had to replace the Jeudys and Surtains of sofla can not be jags.
We couldn’t even land Tyquan Thornton for Christ sake.

Anyone not seeing the writing on the wall for JoJo and Smith really haven’t been paying attention.

I get it. Recruit these guys till the end, but not at the expense of losing an nfl quality player because you went all in on a dude that wasn’t coming regardless of how good he is.

Just because you want the best talent to stay home it shouldn’t be at the expense of missing out on oos players that can provide a significant contribution.

Great evals & portal. Let's not get butt-hurt by the WRs down here. They're a great sign we've turned the corner but won't be the reason.

SWAG starts closer to the ball and flows outward.

Advertisement
You do know when new coaches come in they have guys they like more and have their own boards? So I wouldn’t say “ Trader has been recruited as hard “. That’s not exactly accurate. His coach is a former Cane and the relationship is still fine but we must recruit him better. He should be treated like a priority like the other wr’s even they might be higher on some peoples boards. There’s schools treating him that way even though they’re after the same wr‘s as UM. You can do both.

As I said the relationship is fine , but we need to recruit him better and I still think thing can work out. This is a no brainer and we shouldn’t be over thinking it.

Last edited:
You do know when new coaches come in they have guys they like more and have their own boards? So I wouldn’t say “ Trader has been recruited as hard “. That’s not accurate. His coach is a former Cane and the relationship is still fine but we must recruit him better. He should be treated like a priority like the other wr’s even they might be higher on some peoples boards. There’s schools treating him that way even though they’re after the same wr‘s as UM. You can do both.

As I said the relationship is fine , but we need to recruit him better and I still think thing can work out. This is a no brainer and we shouldn’t be over thinking it.
So Beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back