2024 4* WR Chance Robinson - COMMITTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
best local wr with Jeremiah Smith and Trader
Fact. Reminds me of Harrison Jr. smooth and effortless. Less hype than Fleming and Egbuka coming out but his talent is natural.

Not saying this is the same situation with higher rated Smith as he is friggen Andre Johnson clone in my eyes, but Chance is a more natural WR. Smith is superior athlete. Trader may be better DB to be honest.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have no hope in flipping Jeremiah. This guy and Jo Jo would be a great 1-2 combo. Cristobal has to nail this OC hire. This is the position it impacts the most.
Agreed, agreed, and absolutely agreed. But you aren't getting WRs without a QB, so QB recruiting is the most important.

Whoever our new OC is HAS to bring a system that makes high profile QB recruits want to come here because they are the center pieces, and often ambassadors, of any class.

Then we have to actually run that system and I don't know if Mario is comfortable with that. As I've said before, I think Mario is where Saban was 6ish years ago. Historically Saban wanted to minimize offensive and defensive risk, play mistake free football, and beat you up with his bigger and stronger players. Then teams like Auburn, Ole Miss and Texas A&M started really spreading his defense out, extending plays, and beating him. He recognized two things. First, that "riskier" style of offense could consistently work. He saw it work against his defense, so he embraced a different offensive philosophy, both in terms of players and coaches. Second, his defense, particularly, the secondary, had to get more athletic and versatile, so he did that. I think Mario gets the latter, but not the former. Until he does, we're going to see a very limited, and conservative, offensive approach, no matter who the OC is.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Agreed, agreed, and absolutely agreed. But you aren't getting WRs without a QB, so QB recruiting is the most important.

Whoever our new OC is HAS to bring a system that makes high profile QB recruits want to come here because they are the center pieces, and often ambassadors, of any class.

Then we have to actually run that system and I don't know if Mario is comfortable with that. As I've said before, I think Mario is where Saban was 6ish years ago. Historically Saban wanted to minimize offensive and defensive risk, play mistake free football, and beat you up with his bigger and stronger players. Then Ole Miss and Texas A&M started really spreading his defense out, extending plays, and beating him. He recognized two things. First, that "riskier" style of offense could consistently work. He saw it work against his defense, so he embraced a different offensive philosophy, both in terms of players and coaches. Second, his defense, particularly, the secondary, had to get more athletic and versatile, so he did that. I think Mario gets the latter, but not the former. Until he does, we're going to see a very limited, and conservative, offensive approach, no matter who the OC is.
WR watch the offense the most, more than QBs, they are more reliant than any other position in getting the ball. I seen good QBs go to bad offenses backing their ability to execute it.

WR watch the offense the most, more than QBs, they are more reliant than any other position in getting the ball. I seen good QBs go to bad offenses backing their ability to execute it.
I think we're talking about different things. I'm focused on the new OC recruiting QBs as I think top QB recruit commitments draw more recruits than top WR recruit commitments. As an example, I suspect more offensive players went to Texas to play with Arch Manning (number 1 QB recruit), than went to USC to play with Zach Branch (number 1 WR recruit).

Advertisement
I think we're talking about different things. I'm focused on the new OC recruiting QBs as I think top QB recruit commitments draw more recruits than top WR recruit commitments. As an example, I suspect more offensive players went to Texas to play with Arch Manning (number 1 QB recruit), than went to USC to play with Zach Branch (number 1 WR recruit).
Yeah we are talking about different things. We had Rashada and Emory committed and was struggling to recruit WRs. My point stands

Fact. Reminds me of Harrison Jr. smooth and effortless. Less hype than Fleming and Egbuka coming out but his talent is natural.

Not saying this is the same situation with higher rated Smith as he is friggen Andre Johnson clone in my eyes, but Chance is a more natural WR. Smith is superior athlete. Trader may be better DB to be honest.
What if i told you Smith, Trader, Chance Robinson all played wr on the same youth football team lol

What if i told you Smith, Trader, Chance Robinson all played wr on the same youth football team lol
and soon the same college football team.
Praying Breakfast Club GIF by REVOLT TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back