4-star CB Markevious Brown close to cutting list, talks UM

View as article
I love Couch., But I saw him covering a receiver who was set in motion, and after the ball was snapped, TeCory wasn't aware of the TE coming off the line who straight out picked him. He was completely taken out of the play for a big gain by the UAB receiver.

So it's not so easy as replacing Ivey with the young guys because they have their own issues that can be exploited. We just don't have a quality guy ready to play next to Blades, much less someone who is dominant.
Did you see Williams out there?

Advertisement
I watched the game and I’m not sure I saw Brown get targeted at all. I actually like the Venice QB as a CB prospect, which is where he projects in college.

Did Brown play well for IMG against Venice(FL). The announcers kept babbling on about IMG's sophomore CB's but didn't mention Brown (wearing # 2 for IMG on defense).

Go Canes

I thought he looked good... real test is Thursday vs Leary...IMG vs Clearwater

I watched the game and I’m not sure I saw Brown get targeted at all. I actually like the Venice QB as a CB prospect, which is where he projects in college.
Venice has a full time CB in Charles Brantley who's currently committed to Mich St that has really good ball skills.

He's rail thin, but he's a pure cover corner with raw traits.

Advertisement
I watched that kid, and I remember the announcers saying that. Kid looked good.

Advertisement
Was mentioned by someone on another thread that he is headed SEC, even if no offers now. I can’t say I disagree that it seems like if he was going either here or to VT, he’d be committed by now.

Was mentioned by someone on another thread that he is headed SEC, even if no offers now. I can’t say I disagree that it seems like if he was going either here or to VT, he’d be committed by now.
It's an awfully quiet recruitment given that he's from South Florida and being offered by major programs. No one seems to hear anything out of his camp.

We will pull some nobody and half the board will claim he's a "dog" and "hidden gem" and "he was player of the year in class 32C in Kentucky." Or maybe we are past that point by now. People finally seem sufficiently fed up with this recruiting fail.

I love Couch., But I saw him covering a receiver who was set in motion, and after the ball was snapped, TeCory wasn't aware of the TE coming off the line who straight out picked him. He was completely taken out of the play for a big gain by the UAB receiver.

So it's not so easy as replacing Ivey with the young guys because they have their own issues that can be exploited. We just don't have a quality guy ready to play next to Blades, much less someone who is dominant.

On the same play he made a great chase down and forced a fumble out of bounds. That shows me he's hungry and playing with effort. Being a young guy he can make those mistakes. I still trust him in man coverage.

Advertisement
I just don't get it, this kid should be licking his chops when he looks at our depth chart. It really shouldn't be this hard to convince decent CBs to play at the University of Miami.
Rumph effect. Smh oops I mean DumPh!

On the same play he made a great chase down and forced a fumble out of bounds. That shows me he's hungry and playing with effort. Being a young guy he can make those mistakes. I still trust him in man coverage.
the problem is hes a gambler. hes an aggressive kid by nature.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back