4-star CB Markevious Brown close to cutting list, talks UM

View as article
You make great points but I gotta disagree with you slightly about the running fast thing as a corner lol sometimes being faster without any real knowledge or skill is a detriment to a defensive back. But it for sure makes the job easier
I’m not just saying take a track guy that never played and put him at db.
Most of these blue chip kids that run that fast and are that long have played both ways in high school and some barely played db but still get drafted high at the position.
But your correct, you absolutely have to have more than just straight line speed.

Advertisement
Agree and if an employee consistently doesn’t perform up to expectations in his job especially 5 years in then he needs to be fired and replaced with someone who can. We’ve seen this before with head coaches and it cost them there job, to be a successful HC you have to make those tough decisions and I think Diaz has shown that and was ready to fire Rumph last year before his guy to replace him fell through. If Rumph again ***** the bed this year on the trail I believe Diaz will fire him and upgrade. And I say good riddance! Should have been done two years ago. Let him go to the pros if he’s such a “great developer” but can’t recruit. Of course this “great developer” nonsense is just a myth and something his cult followers throw out there to deflect but no ones buying that crap anymore.
Sounds like you've already made up your mind. Evidently, you've never gotten over Surtain, Campbell, Stevenson, Jobe who were never coming here. I guess it was too much to expect a root cause analysis. The masses are going to expect a corpse to be tossed to them if things don't go as planned. Round up the usual suspects.

Also, it's evident that you're one of those that haven't bought into he doesn't have control of the CB board and can't "green light" who and when to make an offer. How do you think that impacts management's "expectations". I've worked for 40 years for Fortune 500 types so I've heard all of the management slogans that have come in and out of fashion. And I can tell you first hand that holding someone accountable is fine and dandy but not empowering them with authority to do what's needed to meet managements 's expectations is a set up for failure. Not only for the employee, but for the organization who's goals and objectives won't be accomplished.

Replace Rumph with Corey Raymond, eliminate the bags, force him to operate under the same restrictions, he's reduced to an ordinary coach. Or at the least, he's not pulling in multiple 5*s every year.

I'm done not only with thread but this topic. Have a nice weekend. :)

Sounds like you've already made up your mind. Evidently, you've never gotten over Surtain, Campbell, Stevenson, Jobe who were never coming here. I guess it was too much to expect a root cause analysis. The masses are going to expect a corpse to be tossed to them if things don't go as planned. Round up the usual suspects.

Also, it's evident that you're one of those that haven't bought into he doesn't have control of the CB board and can't "green light" who and when to make an offer. How do you think that impacts management's "expectations". I've worked for 40 years for Fortune 500 types so I've heard all of the management slogans that have come in and out of fashion. And I can tell you first hand that holding someone accountable is fine and dandy but not empowering them with authority to do what's needed to meet managements 's expectations is a set up for failure. Not only for the employee, but for the organization who's goals and objectives won't be accomplished.

Replace Rumph with Corey Raymond, eliminate the bags, force him to operate under the same restrictions, he's reduced to an ordinary coach. Or at the least, he's not pulling in multiple 5*s every year.

I'm done not only with thread but this topic. Have a nice weekend. :)
What you fail to mention or realize in your post is the reason those responsibilities have been taken from Rumph. They’ve been take from him because he’s shown that he is unable to relate to recruits and of course successfully recruit them. When he was first hired by Richt you better believe he had the freedom to pick and chose but if you constantly strike out those perks are taken from you in exchange for keeping your job. Jesus man, I mean how bad does CB recruting have to get before some of you lambs to the slaughter see Rumph for what he is, an average on field coach who’s a below Average recruiter And the latter is putting nicely. But whatever man, keep on putting Rumph feelings and needs ahead of what’s good for the team. I have to ask if some of you even want to win anymore?! Because with our CB recruting we ain’t winning **** and when I say winning I mean championships, not russell athletic bowls. Smh here’s how bad of a recruiter Rumph is, even UNC a basketball school can land a 5 star blue chip Corner and we can’t!!! Smh good, kick rocks from this thread because us who want Rumph gone want him gone for the better of the team, so we can ******* start winning and not giving up 4th and 17s.

Advertisement
Further more here’s how ******* stupid Rumph is, he has a kid in Henderson locked up somehow by the grace of god and ready to sign and like a true green horn idiot who thinks he’s still coaching highschool ball he lays into a 17year old kid who got in his feelings about not starting at an all star game and ****ed the kid off all the way to Gaysville. Smh Rumph had his chance at a kid who had the speed and measurables to go in the first round and did, which would have been a big notch on his belt and he fvcked it up beyond all recognition. I mean this **** is recruiting 101 man, you feed the kids ego till he signs the LOI and then you tear into his @ss! That right there was an unpardonable offense and showed just how in over his head he was and I’ll never forgive him for that fumble. Should have never been hired by Richt but I don’t fault Richt as much because I think Richt thought he was hiring a guy that would be an ace south Florida recruiter, especially recruiting the position he was so successful at. In 2015 Rumph was like a book with a really nice cover with National champion, all American/big East, first round draft pick, and long NFL career all over it but then when you opened the book it was boring as **** and completely uninteresting which is how recruits clearly see him. It is what it is till he’s gone.

Last edited:
What you fail to mention or realize in your post is the reason those responsibilities have been taken from Rumph. They’ve been take from him because he’s shown that he is unable to relate to recruits and of course successfully recruit them. When he was first hired by Richt you better believe he had the freedom to pick and chose but if you constantly strike out those perks are taken from you in exchange for keeping your job. Jesus man, I mean how bad does CB recruting have to get before some of you lambs to the slaughter see Rumph for what he is, an average on field coach who’s a below Average recruiter And the latter is putting nicely. But whatever man, keep on putting Rumph feelings and needs ahead of what’s good for the team. I have to ask if some of you even want to win anymore?! Because with our CB recruting we ain’t winning **** and when I say winning I mean championships, not russell athletic bowls. Smh here’s how bad of a recruiter Rumph is, even UNC a basketball school can land a 5 star blue chip Corner and we can’t!!! Smh good, kick rocks from this thread because us who want Rumph gone want him gone for the better of the team, so we can ******* start winning and not giving up 4th and 17s.
He never had them, not even under Richt.

Advertisement
Every thread about a CB we’re recruiting turns into a discussion about Rumph

That's probably because most threads about talented CBs we are recruiting end with that kid committing to some other school.
Don't get me wrong, I'm exhausted with the conversation, too. But it's best to recognize that at this point it won't stop until he's gone or the situation dramatically changes.

In the meantime, best you can do is click the thread hoping for actual recruiting news, quickly scrolls through the void, and repeat every few days hoping for better.

I had a whole response typed out, and deleted it because honestly, 1) I don't actually care. I hope Rumph develops Ivey and Blades into first round picks and gets the credibility he needs to recruit and 2) I remembered who I was responding to and do not want to continue down the path I see ahead of me with this conversation. Have a good weekend.

Ivey is not going to be a first round pick. I've seen enough of him to know that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He'd be Paul Williams -- and I dont mean the former welterweight champ

What do you have against short people?

1599664656027.png

Advertisement
Back