4-star CB Markevious Brown close to cutting list, talks UM

View as article
He's not a guy that's coming in and taking someone's spot.Will take a couple years grooming.Marshall is that guy.
Ok. I agree, but not sure what the point is here. He's an essential recruit. Otherwise the class is a big zero at a position of dire need.

Advertisement
Ok. I agree, but not sure what the point is here. He's an essential recruit. Otherwise the class is a big zero at a position of dire need.
We need an immediate impact cb,either get lucky in the portal or go get a top jc guy that can come in and be the the no,1 guy here.All the current cbs and commits are not starting over blades and Ivey.

We need an immediate impact cb,either get lucky in the portal or go get a top jc guy that can come in and be the the no,1 guy here.All the current cbs and commits are not starting over blades and Ivey.
No disagreement from me.

I thought Blades was pretty good tonight. DJ Ivey struggled, however, with basic coverage, like that first TD he gave up.

Advertisement
Dj Ivey more than struggled. If our dline had just a little less push he would’ve gotten touched multiple times. Dude is ***.
Oh **** bro, why you gotta frame the situation with Ivey getting touched multiple times. I am feeling uncomfortable in this thread now, you may need a spoiler tag if your gonna continue talking about the young man being touched several times obviously against his and his teammates will.

Go Canes

I thought Blades was pretty good tonight. DJ Ivey struggled, however, with basic coverage, like that first TD he gave up.

I thought Blades got beat inside too easily multiple times. It would be one thing if we had safeties jumping those routes but we werent

Advertisement
I thought Blades got beat inside too easily multiple times. It would be one thing if we had safeties jumping those routes but we werent
Yes, that happened but I honestly think that it’s part of the scheme/what is being coached, which is a problem.

they both need to improve, though.

Yes, that happened but I honestly think that it’s part of the scheme/what is being coached, which is a problem.

they both need to improve, though.
Could be. DB's looked bad though and I was hoping they both would step up and lead. Pretty frustrating

Oh **** bro, why you gotta frame the situation with Ivey getting touched multiple times. I am feeling uncomfortable in this thread now, you may need a spoiler tag if your gonna continue talking about the young man being touched several times obviously against his and his teammates will.

Go Canes
Dead!!
Getting old and can’t be on here typing with my thumbs and not wearing glasses.
I meant torched.

Advertisement
Could be. DB's looked bad though and I was hoping they both would step up and lead. Pretty frustrating
Fans will never give blades credit. Meanwhile he’s done more in his career than tc so far. Ivy is a liability
That one play (Not sure if you remember) where the Receiver did a curl and go, the QB missed badly on the throw, but that receiver had 5 yards of separation on Ivy. Against an Avg QB, that goes for 6

Last edited:
That one play (Not sure if you remember) where the Receiver did a curl and go, the QB missed badly on the throw, but that receiver had 5 yards of separation on Ivy. Against an Avg, that goes for 6

Safety was coming over and would have made the play eventually but it was definitely a huge gain. No debating that. We got very lucky on that play

Advertisement
That one play (Not sure if you remember) where the Receiver did a curl and go, the QB missed badly on the throw, but that receiver had 5 yards of separation on Ivy. Against an Avg QB, that goes for 6
he gets beat off the snap EVERY play. meanwhile caouch is flying down field and so is williams on special teams. I rather have couch and his speed out there.

he gets beat off the snap EVERY play. meanwhile caouch is flying down field and so is williams on special teams. I rather have couch and his speed out there.

I love Couch., But I saw him covering a receiver who was set in motion, and after the ball was snapped, TeCory wasn't aware of the TE coming off the line who straight out picked him. He was completely taken out of the play for a big gain by the UAB receiver.

So it's not so easy as replacing Ivey with the young guys because they have their own issues that can be exploited. We just don't have a quality guy ready to play next to Blades, much less someone who is dominant.

Did Brown play well for IMG against Venice(FL). The announcers kept babbling on about IMG's sophomore CB's but didn't mention Brown (wearing # 2 for IMG on defense).

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back