4-star CB Markevious Brown close to cutting list, talks UM

View as article
Advertisement
Dont understand why he hasn't pulled the trigger yet.

Miami has two spots left for the 2021 class and one of those spots will be held for a QB, which mean we only 1 spot left with which take the best available player which may not be Brown at the moment.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Miami has two spots left for the 2021 class and one of those spots will be held for a QB, which mean we only 1 spot left with which take the best available player which may not be Brown at the moment.

Go Canes
Given our roster Brown should be the guy we are holding a spot for. If what you say is accurate (and it is entirely believable), then this staff is doing something really stupid.

BA5B7C8B-914F-4019-BD2C-F04459558168.jpeg

Advertisement
My guess is Miami, Va Tech & Auburn or Arkansas.

Auburn is in the lead for the two top local Alabama Corners McKinstry who's the #1 ranked CB in the 21 class & also sits in a good spot for Kamari Lassiter. Bama, LSU & Clemson are all still after McKinstry really hard, so that will be a recruitment that goes down to the wire & with Lassiter UGA, GTech, Clemson & Bama are all still interested but AU has a pretty firm lead there for right now. He's not a priority for AU, they want the local Bama boys first, they'd only push for him if they miss on Kinstry & Lassiter.

Va Tech already has DJ Harvey from Cali committed & a local VA kid in Shawn Asbury, the only reason why they're even still in it is because the CB's coach at IMG is a former VA Tech CB Antonio Banks (something I've already been telling the board for months) & he's selling Markevious on Va Tech heavy.

Arkansas has ATH AJ Green from Oklahoma (he's a RB but will play CB in college), Keaun Parker from Oklahoma & speedster Chase Lowery from Frisco TX all committed at CB, plus they're still trying to flip local Ark QB/CB Dreyden Norwood from TAMU.

Ole Miss is another school that was showing some interest in Markevious, they have ATH/CB Demarko Williams from GA & Trey Washington from Alabama committed at CB. Don't believe there's much interest here from Brown, at least there shouldn't be lol.

As far as Miami, don't wanna jinx it, but... ✅
(If we find a way to fck this up we are mentally handicapped at CB crootin' lol, but yeah otherwise...)

Auburn is in the lead for the two top local Alabama Corners McKinstry who's the #1 ranked CB in the 21 class & also sits in a good spot for Kamari Lassiter. Bama, LSU & Clemson are all still after McKinstry really hard, so that will be a recruitment that goes down to the wire & with Lassiter UGA, GTech, Clemson & Bama are all still interested but AU has a pretty firm lead there for right now. He's not a priority for AU, they want the local Bama boys first, they'd only push for him if they miss on Kinstry & Lassiter.

Va Tech already has DJ Harvey from Cali committed & a local VA kid in Shawn Asbury, the only reason why they're even still in it is because the CB's coach at IMG is a former VA Tech CB Antonio Banks (something I've already been telling the board for months) & he's selling Markevious on Va Tech heavy.

Arkansas has ATH AJ Green from Oklahoma (he's a RB but will play CB in college), Keaun Parker from Oklahoma & speedster Chase Lowery from Frisco TX all committed at CB, plus they're still trying to flip local Ark QB/CB Dreyden Norwood from TAMU.

Ole Miss is another school that was showing some interest in Markevious, they have ATH/CB Demarko Williams from GA & Trey Washington from Alabama committed at CB. Don't believe there's much interest here from Brown, at least there shouldn't be lol.

(If we find a way to fck this up we are mentally handicapped at CB crootin' lol, but yeah otherwise...)
Interesting note on Auburn. They lead for two elite Bama CBs? Does that mean the Lehigh CB may be pushed out? I absolutely loved that Lehigh CB's film.

Not trying to make this another rumph bashing debated but who else with miami is leading the recruitment? We have DVD or Banda on it? Any idea on a commitment timeline or do you think he’s waiting around for Auburn commitable offer or really considering VT?

Advertisement
Not an insider, purely speculating, but this just feels like he’s waiting for a “better” door than UM to open. Feels like a kid who would flip to a SEC school who comes calling the day before NSD.
Hopefully I’m wrong.
Why do you feel that way?

ok bro just admit that you're really 5 different people running the same handle or something

Advertisement

I hope Brown chooses us simply because he wants to be at UM because if he really likes Auburn, they are going to have room for him. Watch what happens with regards to Mckinstry and Lassiter. As signing day approaches, if bama does what bama does, I expect things to look totally different from what they do now.

Thank you for the great breakdown, as always. It doesn't feel very good wishing that our recruiting board at CB was more like any of the other teams you mentioned. We need Brown followed up by a better CB haul in 2022!

(If we find a way to fck this up we are mentally handicapped at CB crootin' lol, but yeah otherwise

I talked with Kamaris' dad a few days ago he likes UGA more than BAMA right now. Didn't hear anything on UA

Advertisement
Back