4-star CB Markevious Brown close to cutting list, talks UM

View as article
Advertisement
If we only have 2 spots left, it's hard to see him as a take unless we drop someone. 1 spot goes to a transfer qb, then you only have room for 1 more.

Even with Blades leaving, we'd return 5 CB + have Burns and Curtis. 7 CBs is plenty considering our other needs. So if Brown ends up being a take, it probably means someone is dropped.

If we only have 2 spots left, it's hard to see him as a take unless we drop someone. 1 spot goes to a transfer qb, then you only have room for 1 more.

Even with Blades leaving, we'd return 5 CB + have Burns and Curtis. 7 CBs is plenty considering our other needs. So if Brown ends up being a take, it probably means someone is dropped.
Curtis is going to be a WR. We need Brown and then another corner

My guess is Miami, Va Tech & Auburn or Arkansas.

Auburn is in the lead for the two top local Alabama Corners McKinstry who's the #1 ranked CB in the 21 class & also sits in a good spot for Kamari Lassiter. Bama, LSU & Clemson are all still after McKinstry really hard, so that will be a recruitment that goes down to the wire & with Lassiter UGA, GTech, Clemson & Bama are all still interested but AU has a pretty firm lead there for right now. He's not a priority for AU, they want the local Bama boys first, they'd only push for him if they miss on Kinstry & Lassiter.

Va Tech already has DJ Harvey from Cali committed & a local VA kid in Shawn Asbury, the only reason why they're even still in it is because the CB's coach at IMG is a former VA Tech CB Antonio Banks (something I've already been telling the board for months) & he's selling Markevious on Va Tech heavy.

Arkansas has ATH AJ Green from Oklahoma (he's a RB but will play CB in college), Keaun Parker from Oklahoma & speedster Chase Lowery from Frisco TX all committed at CB, plus they're still trying to flip local Ark QB/CB Dreyden Norwood from TAMU.

Ole Miss is another school that was showing some interest in Markevious, they have ATH/CB Demarko Williams from GA & Trey Washington from Alabama committed at CB. Don't believe there's much interest here from Brown, at least there shouldn't be lol.

As far as Miami, don't wanna jinx it, but... ✅
(If we find a way to fck this up we are mentally handicapped at CB crootin' lol, but yeah otherwise...)

Our CB recruiting has been mentally handicapped for a while now. We have 5 scholarship corners. That's a joke.

Advertisement
Not trying to make this another rumph bashing debated but who else with miami is leading the recruitment? We have DVD or Banda on it? Any idea on a commitment timeline or do you think he’s waiting around for Auburn commitable offer or really considering VT?
Rumph & Patke mainly.

Patke is the area recruiter for the Bradenton region (IMG) so he was the one who initially offered Brown last year, but since then it's been pretty much all Rumph. DVD helps some too, but for this particular recruitment it's Rumph by himself.

As far as timeline, I'll just say I'm hearing he'll announce pretty soon, how soon? Whenever he's ready lol.

Advertisement
How has he played this year? I know this is his first season being THE guy at Cb up there so just curious if anyone knows? He is right on the borderline of 3* on 247 composite so best believe if he commits to us, that will be the final notch in the belt to send him to 3* status.

My guess is Miami, Va Tech & Auburn or Arkansas.

Auburn is in the lead for the two top local Alabama Corners McKinstry who's the #1 ranked CB in the 21 class & also sits in a good spot for Kamari Lassiter. Bama, LSU & Clemson are all still after McKinstry really hard, so that will be a recruitment that goes down to the wire & with Lassiter UGA, GTech, Clemson & Bama are all still interested but AU has a pretty firm lead there for right now. He's not a priority for AU, they want the local Bama boys first, they'd only push for him if they miss on Kinstry & Lassiter.

Va Tech already has DJ Harvey from Cali committed & a local VA kid in Shawn Asbury, the only reason why they're even still in it is because the CB's coach at IMG is a former VA Tech CB Antonio Banks (something I've already been telling the board for months) & he's selling Markevious on Va Tech heavy.

Arkansas has ATH AJ Green from Oklahoma (he's a RB but will play CB in college), Keaun Parker from Oklahoma & speedster Chase Lowery from Frisco TX all committed at CB, plus they're still trying to flip local Ark QB/CB Dreyden Norwood from TAMU.

Ole Miss is another school that was showing some interest in Markevious, they have ATH/CB Demarko Williams from GA & Trey Washington from Alabama committed at CB. Don't believe there's much interest here from Brown, at least there shouldn't be lol.

As far as Miami, don't wanna jinx it, but... ✅
(If we find a way to fck this up we are mentally handicapped at CB crootin' lol, but yeah otherwise...)
When it came to exams or papers, I was one of those procrastinators of legend who wouldn't even touch a syllabus until 48-72 hours before the thing was due. I'd head to the library, check and print my sources, grab an energy supply and just get in the zone. No sleep until turning in the paper to the prof at the moment it was due. But I still remember a lot of that information and did my best, most focused thinking when in those zones.

I have a hard time "shutting off," and it seems like your switch is always on as well.

Advertisement
Rumph & Patke mainly.

Patke is the area recruiter for the Bradenton region (IMG) so he was the one who initially offered Brown last year, but since then it's been pretty much all Rumph. DVD helps some too, but for this particular recruitment it's Rumph by himself.

As far as timeline, I'll just say I'm hearing he'll announce pretty soon, how soon? Whenever he's ready lol.
Dang Liberty, that doesn’t make me feel better knowing Rumph is the one taking this Recruitment head on. Smh

Advertisement
Rumph & Patke mainly.

Thank you my man

Advertisement
Back