4-star CB Markevious Brown close to cutting list, talks UM

View as article
Advertisement
I really think most of the bias towards Rumph is out of sentimental loyalty to a Cane from 2001. There’s a good contingent who also feel that Patke should be kicked and that it’s wrong to talk about canning Rumph while Patke is sitting there unscathed.

I’d be good moving on from both.
Not gonna lie. For me that bias of being a part of that secondary, playing pro, being 100% UM, and an all around good man.

That said we need to land this kid or theres gonna be a void on the boundary for us. We have a plethora of guys in the box and over the top but we gotta get someone on the outside to shut people down.

Not gonna lie. For me that bias of being a part of that secondary, playing pro, being 100% UM, and an all around good man.

That said we need to land this kid or theres gonna be a void on the boundary for us. We have a plethora of guys in the box and over the top but we gotta get someone on the outside to shut people down.
I’m no different. If he never played for us the way he did.... you know.

It’s just that at some point we have to move on if it isn’t working the way we need it to.

To everyone really. I'm old enough to remember gems like:

"I'm just gonna say it. We need a white coach"

"This is what you get when you have an affirmative action hire"

And other such heartwarming statements that mods at the time just let go. Funnily enough I didn't hear the same stuff when Golden started failing..

Advertisement
2 of Rumph's biggest critics on the board are Black, me & Gogeta lol.

And every single time I talk about Rumph I make it beyond clear that I really really like him as a person & and as a coach, it's just his recruiting hasn't been that great. I honestly don't understand why there's always a huge War over this topic, it's pretty clear he's not really a great recruiter, that doesn't mean I want him fired or that I hate him or anything like that.

I've said it hundred times on hear, I'd add a coach on staff who's a recruiting Dynamo that specializes in CB recruiting & would just have him tag team with Rumph on any CB prospects we're after.

Even with all that said, I don't blame all our CB recruiting issues on Rumph, but I don't completely absolve him either. To me it's 50/50 Diaz/Rumph...

Either way, Markevious Brown needs to be a Hurricane, there's just no two ways about it, I don't wanna hear any excuses, just get this kid committed & signed in December.
Ummmmm, throw a 3rd black guy in here that be on Rumph’s head. Lol

I really think most of the bias towards Rumph is out of sentimental loyalty to a Cane from 2001. There’s a good contingent who also feel that Patke should be kicked and that it’s wrong to talk about canning Rumph while Patke is sitting there unscathed.

I’d be good moving on from both.

THIS! It has zero to do w/ his ethnicity. He has O&G blood and that’s where if anyone had any bias, that’s where it stems from. Same as ppl defending Richt two yrs ago.

This whole society is becoming a race-baiting cesspool. Let’s get back to normal, like when a mf’er suck, he just suck. When a mf’er is solid, he’s just solid.

Advertisement
these are all my thoughts as well with a littrle bit of trolling lol.

Soon as he has some actual cbs of his that are in the nfl he has more to sell on the trail. It may be able to help him a bit
Do you guys know each other? Sort of in my Braga voice. Just curious.

THIS! It has zero to do w/ his ethnicity. He has O&G blood and that’s where if anyone had any bias, that’s where it stems from. Same as ppl defending Richt two yrs ago.

This whole society is becoming a race-baiting cesspool. Let’s get back to normal, like when a mf’er suck, he just suck. When a mf’er is solid, he’s just solid.

What's worse than race baiting, is pretending that we live in a post-racial society. That's an absolute joke. When has this country ever been post-racial?? The only way you move towards that is if mf'ers start calling a spade a spade. Defending the indefensible means that this country still has a long road to travel in that regard.

Guys stop. Banda was a bartender so he connects well with 17 year old kids..........and that argument fell on its face quickly. Some guys have it some don’t.

Advertisement
That is true but we have years of data and evidence to show he’s been very meh at recruiting. People are biased because he’s a former cane. If he wasn’t it would be a blood bath. That’s just facts.

What’s shocking is people still debate this lol.
This. If Rump didn't play at UM and some people on here weren't friendly with him, then every UM fan would be mangling him to smithereens.

That is true but we have years of data and evidence to show he’s been very meh at recruiting. People are biased because he’s a former cane. If he wasn’t it would be a blood bath. That’s just facts.

What’s shocking is people still debate this lol.

I understand. But we can't go back and change things from years ago.

Fact is, we were poised to sign a top CB in this class. No issues of "can he recruit who he wants". And then the $250K bag drop happened.

I'm not saying he is the best, I'm not saying he is the worst. But the people who want to hate Rumph will refuse to acknowledge what just happened with Marshall.

Advertisement

Fact is, we were poised to sign a top CB in this class. No issues of "can he recruit who he wants". And then the $250K bag drop happened.

I'm not saying he is the best, I'm not saying he is the worst. But the people who want to hate Rumph will refuse to acknowledge what just happened with Marshall.
I don't think anyone is refusing the acknowledge what happened with Marshall, but that is the reality with top prospects and somehow we were able to overcome it with Taylor and Williams. That aside, the issue in past years was not just missing on the Surtain, Campbell, etc. It was the fact that our CB board was always small, and seemingly would explode after the early signing day when we miss out on top prospects. Fair or not, accurate or not, it gives the impression that we are consistently scrambling at the end. Losing guys like Jaden Davis and Asante Samuel when we did not start recruiting them until it was too late reinforces this. We don't know how much of this is on Rumph vs Diaz, but I can't imagine it helps recruit guys where the person you will be working with most is not that involved in the recruitment.

Flash forward to this year, what happened with Marshall happened. If my bubbie had balls she'd be my zeidi and if UF didn't drop a bag Marshall would be committed to Miami. But the reality is, we now have one guy on the board for a spot where we really need a guy who will be ready to contribute early, and this need is a result of past years' failures. Part of that is due to the pandemic, part is it seems like a down year for CBs in SFL, and part is we just had a small board at the beginning.

I think everyone wants Rumph to succeed and be part of the story of Miami returning to the mountaintop, but questioning his ability to recruit and stack a room is 100% fair after four years of evidence. He does have a number of 4* guys in the room now. He really needs them to develop and start getting drafted in the top 3 rounds to overcome some of the other recruiting deficiencies.

Dude stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

Rumph is a horrific recruiter.

I don't think anyone is refusing the acknowledge what happened with Marshall, but that is the reality with top prospects and somehow we were able to overcome it with Taylor and Williams.
They may not refuse to acknowledge it but they still blame Rumph for it. Last year Banda was blamed as well, Williams is the first where he overcame it.
That aside, the issue in past years was not just missing on the Surtain, Campbell, etc. It was the fact that our CB board was always small, and seemingly would explode after the early signing day when we miss out on top prospects. Fair or not, accurate or not, it gives the impression that we are consistently scrambling at the end. Losing guys like Jaden Davis and Asante Samuel when we did not start recruiting them until it was too late reinforces this. We don't know how much of this is on Rumph vs Diaz, but I can't imagine it helps recruit guys where the person you will be working with most is not that involved in the recruitment.
This is the million dollar question, who controls the CB board. I've been asking for over a year. Those that know, who have inside access to the Hecht, aren't talking or speak in veiled terms.
Flash forward to this year, what happened with Marshall happened. If my bubbie had balls she'd be my zeidi and if UF didn't drop a bag Marshall would be committed to Miami. But the reality is, we now have one guy on the board for a spot where we really need a guy who will be ready to contribute early, and this need is a result of past years' failures. Part of that is due to the pandemic, part is it seems like a down year for CBs in SFL, and part is we just had a small board at the beginning.

I think everyone wants Rumph to succeed and be part of the story of Miami returning to the mountaintop, but questioning his ability to recruit and stack a room is 100% fair after four years of evidence.
Without knowing the answer to the question above, it's not fair to assign blame for the lack of depth at CB. It's just easier for most as it requires less critical thinking. It also doesn't get to the root issue which is my biggest concern. Until that's addressed, we're likely to repeat those mistakes even with a personnel change.
He does have a number of 4* guys in the room now. He really needs them to develop and start getting drafted in the top 3 rounds to overcome some of the other recruiting deficiencies.
This board is filled with numerous emotional malcontents that react like school girls at the slightest provocation. They're more interested in winning the national recruiting championship than getting things right. That railed at Stroud was he was made coach and said "He was a washed up has-been, we needed someone younger with more panache". All he's done is maintained the depth at DE and built up DT until we got Taylor. I'm sure he had a hand in it but Taylor where a number of factors came into play (IMO). Same with Williams and Marshall.

Advertisement
Back