4* DE TaMere Robinson visiting this weekend

Someone show this kid Manny’s defense and Penn St shouldn’t be an issue.

Is VT in it because of Pry and his previous connections to Diddler State?

Gotta think that's the case. Probably has been recruiting this kid for 2 years now so has the relationship.

Advertisement
Disagree on being a good DC. His schemes are fundamentally unsound and his track record is he produces good results the first couple years until OCs figure out his blitz packages and then run wild. It will be interesting to see what happens in the Big 10 because the offenses there are built to create fits for his scheme unless he makes a radical adjustment which he hasn't done in any of his previous stops.

Wisconsin already has him figured out..................

Wisconsin already has him figured out..................

Dorito and Diaz, what a pair. Who gets fired first? Dorito is only a LB coach now so he’ll probably hang for a while. But can you imagine him on the recruiting trail? Maybe he appeals to midwestern kids? Manny gone in 3 or less IMHO.

As much as I like to clown on Manny, the fact is that Penn State recruits pretty well. Others have pointed this out here, too.
Last year, they had the #6 recruiting class. In 2021, they had a down year at #21. In 2020, their class was #15, and they signed LB Curtis Jacobs, who was the #36 recruit in the country. In 2019, they had the #12 class but they signed 5-star LB Brandon Smith. In 2018, they signed Micah Parsons and had the #6 class.
We think there's no way we lose a LB recruit to Manny Diaz-era Penn State, but that's not a given.

Advertisement
As much as I like to clown on Manny, the fact is that Penn State recruits pretty well. Others have pointed this out here, too.
Last year, they had the #6 recruiting class. In 2021, they had a down year at #21. In 2020, their class was #15, and they signed LB Curtis Jacobs, who was the #36 recruit in the country. In 2019, they had the #12 class but they signed 5-star LB Brandon Smith. In 2018, they signed Micah Parsons and had the #6 class.
We think there's no way we lose a LB recruit to Manny Diaz-era Penn State, but that's not a given.
Franklin’s seat is getting hot though, so I expect a lot of highly-touted prospects to be in wait-and-see mode with them.

Advertisement
Hill named a top list after visiting us, we are not in it. That ship sailed I fear

Then there was a later interview with either him or his father that said we are still in it. I agree definitely longshot...I was just listing possibility.

I like Guillette, I see he recently took a big jump in 247 rankings.

Advertisement
Hill named a top list after visiting us, we are not in it. That ship sailed I fear
Mario typically doubles down and turns up the contact when UM is eliminated based on what other recruits have said. For someone like Hill, I'm guessing he'll triple or quadruple down. No way do I think we've seen the end of Hill's recruitment.

He just got a 10 year extension last winter. His seat is about as hot as Mario's
Yeah Franklin took that job when PSU was pretty much at the lowest point they could possibly be. Lower than low. They have some measure of loyalty and gratitude to him. He hasnt set the world on fire but he hasn't been so bad to where you have to give him his walking papers. Seems like a good guy too all things considered.

He just got a 10 year extension last winter. His seat is about as hot as Mario's
I know how crazy it sounds, but I have a buddy up there whose dad is a booster...they're not happy with the current state of things, and this season is pretty big for him. They expect to be fighting for a Big 10 Championship spot, even if that sounds ridiculous.

Advertisement
I know how crazy it sounds, but I have a buddy up there whose dad is a booster...they're not happy with the current state of things, and this season is pretty big for him. They expect to be fighting for a Big 10 Championship spot, even if that sounds ridiculous.

No I get it, most were frustrated because every time a big job would open up he would be one of the names. But now both sides get the security they want. The expectations should be there with that big of a contract, regardless if it will happen or not.

Advertisement
Back