4* DE TaMere Robinson visiting this weekend

He has an OV to Penn ST on 6/17, hopefully stuttering Manuelito does his work & scares him off lol
Livvetieth Citytthhh - I will locktthhthhieth thismth recruitment on his visithetthh becausethhh The Pennsylvania Statttetthh Univeraitiiethhhhth is an excellent Univeraitiiethhhhth that’s been around for a longhteth time.

Thanks - Coach Diaztthz

Advertisement
He’s a good DC and plays a base 4/3 system.
Disagree on being a good DC. His schemes are fundamentally unsound and his track record is he produces good results the first couple years until OCs figure out his blitz packages and then run wild. It will be interesting to see what happens in the Big 10 because the offenses there are built to create fits for his scheme unless he makes a radical adjustment which he hasn't done in any of his previous stops.

Manny is there to call the defense, that’s it. They have a lot of very good recruiters in that staff.
So @Torocane had me convinced that Manny was in fact recruiting for PSU in this thread.

My question is twofold:

1. Is Manny doing any significant recruiting for PSU?
  2. Is Manny recruiting Ta'Mere Robinson?

The second question is the most relevant for this thread because if he is, we might be able to cross PSU off this list as serious competition.

So @Torocane had me convinced that Manny was in fact recruiting for PSU in this thread.

My question is twofold:

1. Is Manny doing any significant recruiting for PSU?
  2. Is Manny recruiting Ta'Mere Robinson?

The second question is the most relevant for this thread because if he is, we might be able to cross PSU off this list as serious competition.
LCE said Manny is not recruiting Robinson. It’s Terry Smith and he’s being recruited to play Edge/Viper in their defense.

Advertisement
LCE said Manny is not recruiting Robinson. It’s Terry Smith and he’s being recruited to play Edge/Viper in their defense.
My bad, I missed LCE's post where he said he was joking about Manny recruiting him and it was Terry Smith as the lead recruiter. Here it is for those that missed it also. @miamian01 may be right here about them putting Manny in a break only in case of recruiting emergencies case and minimizing his recruiting role.

Disagree on being a good DC. His schemes are fundamentally unsound and his track record is he produces good results the first couple years until OCs figure out his blitz packages and then run wild. It will be interesting to see what happens in the Big 10 because the offenses there are built to create fits for his scheme unless he makes a radical adjustment which he hasn't done in any of his previous stops.
You forgot the step where he insists on taking smaller players across the board but despite lack of size, have less speed. Then the run defense can really underperform and give up 600 yards on the ground in a game. That is the last stage before admission and asking forgiveness.

You forgot the step where he insists on taking smaller players across the board but despite lack of size, have less speed. Then the run defense can really underperform and give up 600 yards on the ground in a game. That is the last stage before admission and asking forgiveness.
What’s crazy is we gave up 600yds on the ground with two NFL DEs on the roster.
im-not-even-vjoqzp.jpg

What position is Manny recruiting him at? Does anyone have a clue? Also, any idea what position he prefers to play?
LCE in the same post mentioned they're recruiting him as an Edge/DE ala Tyler Elsdon. But your second question now is interesting? Which role does he prefer?

Advertisement
Im actually not sure about this. Teams like Wisky maybe Iowa would be a problem for him...because they are teams content just running the ball. Now the ones that get cute...he will force them in 3rd n longs for his delayed blitzes...lmaooo He will have the readily available defensive line talent at PSU.

I know OSU scheme will be a problem...but majority of that conference still has a problem throwing the ball. He will have a talent advantage alot in most games for the first few years. I actually think the ACC has more creative offensive minds that would get at him...**** Duke coach Cutcliffe was talkin gsh*t from day 1.

Na, Chase Smith was playing WR in High school and could’ve been here just to be a WR. Don’t even try to compare the two.
Plays WR and safety like Smith.. very comparable. Long, lean, athletic, and will thump you!

Advertisement
Yeah F Manny. Any HC who watch his scheme and say lets bring that no fundamental edge control to my team need their head examined. Tfls cannot make up for big plays given up. Maybe he will get a bunch of coached up players on the DL and they will mask all the problems like what happened his first 2 years here with Richt.

Yeah F Manny. Any HC who watch his scheme and say lets bring that no fundamental edge control to my team need their head examined. Tfls cannot make up for big plays given up. Maybe he will get a bunch of coached up players on the DL and they will mask all the problems like what happened his first 2 years here with Richt.
Yep. He has 2 years to get by and parlay that role into another head coaching gig cuz by year 3 that defense gonna be cheeks.

Advertisement
Someone show this kid Manny’s defense and Penn St shouldn’t be an issue.

Is VT in it because of Pry and his previous connections to Diddler State?

Someone show this kid Manny’s defense and Penn St shouldn’t be an issue.

Is VT in it because of Pry and his previous connections to Diddler State?
Even if he chose PSU I'd stay on him. Once Manny defense gets raped by OSU & MSU anyone logical would have 2nd thoughts at minimum.

Advertisement
Back