4* DE TaMere Robinson visiting this weekend

Franklin’s seat is getting hot though, so I expect a lot of highly-touted prospects to be in wait-and-see mode with them.

obama joe GIF

"For Penn State to fire Franklin without cause, the university would have to pay out Franklin the remaining base salary, supplemental pay and loan for life insurance remaining on the contract. That would be a hefty chunk of change."

If I am reading this right his buyout if they were to fire him would be $76,500,000 AFTER the 2022 season. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Advertisement
Its almost criminal to let this kid go play LB for Manny Diaz.
He’s not a Florida kid, he’s from Pittsburgh & he’s been being recruited by PSU since he was a Freshman long before Manny was even hired there.

Manny isn’t even his primary recruiter, it’s Terry Smith.

The fact we’re in it for a Pittsburgh kid is pretty good as is, there’s really not much that can be done to expect a local Pittsburgh kid not to go to Penn ST, they’re the premier school in that region & those kids aren’t like 4/5-star South FL kids who are always looking for the first plane ticket smoking out of town to go elsewhere. They’re pretty loyal to the hometown school.

Those kids usually go to PSU, Oh ST, Michigan, Notre Dame & Pitt although TAMU & UF have gone up there & snatch a few recently. I agree with the sentiment overall & genuinely hate “moral victory” reasoning in recruiting misses, but when it comes to prospects from places that we don’t have much traction with in recent history there’s not much to bemoan about if we miss on’em.

PSU's 2023 class looks like it's off to a good start (currently at #4) but it's mostly offensive players. They only have four defensive commits and none of them are in the Top 247. They are ranked 285, 353, 477, and 742 respectively.

Oh, and none of them are linebackers. So no one who would be coached by Manny has cared to commit so far.

PSU taking who they want out of VA

Advertisement
PSU's 2023 class looks like it's off to a good start (currently at #4) but it's mostly offensive players. They only have four defensive commits and none of them are in the Top 247. They are ranked 285, 353, 477, and 742 respectively.

Oh, and none of them are linebackers. So no one who would be coached by Manny has cared to commit so far.
Penn ST as a program recruits itself.

Kids like Ta’Mere, Tony Rojas, Kaveion Keys, Neeo Avery, Jameial Lyons etc would sign with PSU regardless of whether or not Manny was there. James Franklin is a good recruiter, he’s had two top 10 classes during his tenure & Penn ST has been top 10 in recruiting budget for the last 3 or 4 years.

None of those Northeast region players are signing to PSU because of Manny, nor are they not signing because of him either, he’s irrelevant in the region & on the trail in general. It’s pretty much understood he’s not gonna be sticking around at PSU for too long anyway.

Penn ST as a program recruits itself.

Kids like Ta’Mere, Tony Rojas, Kaveion Keys, Neeo Avery, Jameial Lyons etc would sign with PSU regardless of whether or not Manny was there. James Franklin is a good recruiter, he’s had two top 10 classes during his tenure & Penn ST has been top 10 in recruiting budget for the last 3 or 4 years.

None of those Northeast region players are signing to PSU because of Manny, nor are they not signing because of him either, he’s irrelevant in the region & on the trail in general. It’s pretty much understood he’s not gonna be sticking around at PSU for too long anyway.

Don't you dare take this away from me.

Advertisement
He’s not a Florida kid, he’s from Pittsburgh & he’s been being recruited by PSU since he was a Freshman long before Manny was even hired there.

Manny isn’t even his primary recruiter, it’s Terry Smith.

The fact we’re in it for a Pittsburgh kid is pretty good as is, there’s really not much that can be done to expect a local Pittsburgh kid not to go to Penn ST, they’re the premier school in that region & those kids aren’t like 4/5-star South FL kids who are always looking for the first plane ticket smoking out of town to go elsewhere. They’re pretty loyal to the hometown school.

Those kids usually go to PSU, Oh ST, Michigan, Notre Dame & Pitt although TAMU & UF have gone up there & snatch a few recently. I agree with the sentiment overall & genuinely hate “moral victory” reasoning in recruiting misses, but when it comes to prospects from places that we don’t have much traction with in recent history there’s not much to bemoan about if we miss on’em.
PGH kids go in order dependent on profile

1. PIT
2. PSU
3. ND
4. OSU

Advertisement
I hope they really don't think Manny is going to develop them into good LBs, cause if it were to happen, it would be pure chance.

That's for **** sure.

"According to Pro Football Focus, Miami graded out as the worst tackling Power Five team in the country. The Hurricanes led the ACC in missed tackles with 191 on the year."

Advertisement
Wait til these boys see the DL flying up the field and being left to cover 20 gaps

I went back and watched a few games over the weekend. I focused on the LBs. They were being washed out all the time by unblocked -- untouched! -- OL, it was crazy. Sometimes, the OL would deliberately go after them. But most of the times, they couldn't get to the play more because the unguarded OL was just in the way. Being in a Manny-schemed defense as an LB sucks.

Advertisement
Back