2023 4* CB Kayin Lee decommits from UGA

Advertisement
And I love that people think there’s a difference between a kid who’s 5’11” and 6’1”. How many times do you think a play comes down to that 2”? And what if the shorter kids has a better vertical or is just better at timing a jump? 5’8” vs 6’2” I can maybe see, but calling a kid who’s 5’11” “undersized” is just silly.

And I love that people think there’s a difference between a kid who’s 5’11” and 6’1”. How many times do you think a play comes down to that 2”? And what if the shorter kids has a better vertical or is just better at timing a jump? 5’8” vs 6’2” I can maybe see, but calling a kid who’s 5’11” “undersized” is just silly.
People just want to say some bs to act like they know what they are talking about lol As if they are good at evaluating. This kid can ball.

The Portal CB from WVU we after is not 6'. Obviously our coaches are not holding on to that. Get man who can cover, has speed and change of direction then coach up their football IQ. Simple.

Wingspan matters more than height.

Advertisement
This is very true. I do think that 2 inches is quite a lot though and overall height and arm length usually work in proportion. Although you are right that is not always the case and a kid who is 5’10ish but with a crazy vertical and long arms will make up for even 3’’ of height difference.

great consolation for when we lose cormani

images

THIS!!! Unless a kid comes from MOST public schools in Columbus, Macon, Augusta, or anywhere in Savannah, (not named Benedictine :ROFLMAO: ), he's probably a take.
big time, Ga. also has what Fla does not have consistent top notch OL prospects.....

once a db is ovr 5'10 legitimately i have no concerns if they have the prerequisite arm length and foot speed. Now weight may be a concern but if this kid is over 165 right now he is good to go. Those kids pakcon weight pretty good in college unless their frame is tapped out

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cedar Grove is very good
Absolutely.

If you’re recruiting Georgia, Grayson, Lowndes, Colquitt County, Valdosta, Cedar Grove, Buford, Collins Hill, Warner Robins, Roswell, Mill Creek, North Gwinnett, Norcross, North Cobb, Milton, Carver, McEachern, Marietta, Woodward Academy & Denmark are all great schools that play very good comp & produce great SEC/ACC talent every class.

I don’t even follow GA HS football as closely as I do TX, FL, CA, AZ, OK, ARK, LA & NV, but I know if you’re recruiting a kid from any of those schools down in Georgia you can’t go wrong.

There are plenty of cornerbacks that are great and are under 6 feet.
Is ok to have a preference but you get good players no matter if they are prototypical or not.
Agreed Ivey looks the part but can’t cover a soul out there

Absolutely.

If you’re recruiting Georgia, Grayson, Lowndes, Colquitt County, Valdosta, Cedar Grove, Buford, Collins Hill, Warner Robins, Roswell, Mill Creek, North Gwinnett, Norcross, North Cobb, Milton, Carver, McEachern, Marietta, Woodward Academy & Denmark are all great schools that play very good comp & produce great SEC/ACC talent every class.

I don’t even follow GA HS football as closely as I do TX, FL, CA, AZ, OK, ARK, LA & NV, but I know if you’re recruiting a kid from any of those schools down in Georgia you can’t go wrong.

You follow HS football closely in OK/ARK/AZ?!

Advertisement
It's like the coaching staff. Time for a play off roster. The only skill guys under 6' will be top speed and athleticism guys. Their will only be a few after a couple classes. Go look at Bama and UGA's roster. No more 190lbs LB recruits. We are not going to be small anymore very soon. We are building for championships.

You follow HS football closely in OK/ARK/AZ?!
**** yeah!

Oklahoma HS football is super underrated & they produce good talent every class.

Arizona has become the 3rd QB Mecca in the Nation behind TX & CA, they also have some of the most well coached teams in High School, their players hit the college ranks prepared & ready to go from day 1. Their Offensive coaching is college level.

Arkansas mainly because a nice group of coaches who have come from the HS ranks, got hired in college & did very well like our very own Rhett Lashlee & former UTSA OC Barry Lunney Jr & a whole bunch of others. Gus Malzahn is a Texas coach but he came from Arkansas HS system before he made it to College & a bunch of his coaching tree came from Arkansas as well.

They also produce good Football & Baseball players too.

This is very true. I do think that 2 inches is quite a lot though and overall height and arm length usually work in proportion. Although you are right that is not always the case and a kid who is 5’10ish but with a crazy vertical and long arms will make up for even 3’’ of height difference.
I purposely said 2” as opposed to 1” because I really think it’s less important that people think. Ow obviously if two kids are equally talented, you should take the bigger one. And height is a factor. I just don’t think we’re at that point where top guys are throwing themselves at us and we can afford to ignore the ones who are 5’11”.

A related issue is that people are always b*tching about some kid who’s like 5’8” and 150lbs but balling at some other school. Like why didn’t we get him? Why did we insist our WR be at least 5’10”?

Advertisement
Back