2023 4* CB Kayin Lee decommits from UGA

Might've been under Shannon? But I remember passing on some guys who were 5'9"/5'10" but could cover you like stink on shlt in favor of tall dudes who just sucked at football.
You don't have to go back to Shannon, Miami got Ivey and basically let Samuels go

Advertisement
Ahh. The age old size debate for cbs I see. An annual ritual. I always looked at it like most things. Truth is somewhere in the middle. I’d rather have 5 Trajan Bandys than 5 Iveys. Just give me guys that can stick with their man, force the qb to look somewhere else and give the DLine some time to get home. But I also understand that big tall outside receivers gonna eat if we keep rolling out smaller cbs with no size or length to put up a fair fight.

I see it as the Addae factor. Even to get a de-commit from jawga is clear indication Addae is an influencer. Evidence Mario has selected excellent recruiters and coaches. I try not to apply reasoning I don't know.

Advertisement
Height is so overrated for CBs. Give me a gah**** dog on that island
a 40 inch vert and/or long wingspan can make you play taller.... I'd say length, strength, ball skills, change of direction, closing speed, straight line speed, athleticism, awareness.... and last but not least (like you already said) heart....are more important than height.

Last edited:
Ehhhhh, Rogers is listed at 6'1 but I assumed he is really 6 or at least in the range. I figured Lee was 5'10 or lower, which would make him on the smaller side. Either way even if you take the literal heights, 2 inches is a good amount for a CB, although I will admit 5'11 isn't small.
Yeah I think the small reference is about weight 160 more than height. If he was 5’8” or less I would agree, but 5’10 isn’t small for a CB.

There are plenty of cornerbacks that are great and are under 6 feet.
Is ok to have a preference but you get good players no matter if they are prototypical or not.

Advertisement
For the most part, Dekalb and Fulton County public schools have completely fallen off the map in football. Cedar Grove is the exception. Metro Atlanta is being dominated by Gwinnett County (Grayson) and you have some good private schools that give scholarships like Pace Academy where we got Realus George. South Georgia remains strong as ever especially in Lowndes County

My kids school was 3A and in the same region as Cedar Grove and Pace Academy. The public schools in the region like Redan and Stone Mountain were TERRIBLE. I mean terrible as in they don’t attempt extra points because they don’t have a place kicker and a competent snapper. On punts the punter is only about 8 years back because the long snapper can’t get the ball 13 yards resulting in lots of blocked punts. And typically the public schools in Atlanta only have about 25-35 kids on the entire team. There is just no money in those programs. None of the schools you named; Doug, Banneker, Tri Cities, SW Dekalb, are doing much in football.

Basketball is a different story because you only need 12 kids and 1-2 superior players can take over a high school game.
This is crazy to me...When I was there those schools were honestly pumping out MAJOR talent.

I also forgot Westlake on the southside that had Pac Man Jones and then Cam Newton.

They were dare i say similar to Broward County to Dade public school play...maybe a tad below..Palm Beach Level.

Bascially the movement of ppl to Gwinnett and the schools like Grayson hoarding talent has become a problem?. Redan was a solid program.

I didnt expect to see a drop off that fast considering ATL always have an influx of ppl. For example look in South Florida..you can pretty much name the same public schools for the last 20+ years and they mostly still reman solid to good programs. And thats even with the private schools like Chaminade and American Heritage becoming a thing..when they were perennial doormats for the most part back then.

APS is lacking like that?.

Advertisement
If we had proper depth we’d be able to put the couches and bandys of the world at nickel and they’d be great. Instead we put them outside because rumph/manny and then we complain they get bodied

For the most part, Dekalb and Fulton County public schools have completely fallen off the map in football. Cedar Grove is the exception. Metro Atlanta is being dominated by Gwinnett County (Grayson) and you have some good private schools that give scholarships like Pace Academy where we got Realus George. South Georgia remains strong as ever especially in Lowndes County

My kids school was 3A and in the same region as Cedar Grove and Pace Academy. The public schools in the region like Redan and Stone Mountain were TERRIBLE. I mean terrible as in they don’t attempt extra points because they don’t have a place kicker and a competent snapper. On punts the punter is only about 8 years back because the long snapper can’t get the ball 13 yards resulting in lots of blocked punts. And typically the public schools in Atlanta only have about 25-35 kids on the entire team. There is just no money in those programs. None of the schools you named; Doug, Banneker, Tri Cities, SW Dekalb, are doing much in football.

Basketball is a different story because you only need 12 kids and 1-2 superior players can take over a high school game.
Not all Fulton schools, I live in the Milton area and they have been good for the last several years, one state title and lost in the title game last year. They have obviously been recruiting kids. Best kid in the state plays at Milton, DE who just reclassified to '22

Not all Fulton schools, I live in the Milton area and they have been good for the last several years, one state title and lost in the title game last year. They have obviously been recruiting kids. Best kid in the state plays at Milton, DE who just reclassified to '22
I’m with you. And I should have said APS and Dekalb public. Milton has money as do most of the north Fulton schools. APS and Dekalb have no athletic budget.

Advertisement
This is crazy to me...When I was there those schools were honestly pumping out MAJOR talent.

I also forgot Westlake on the southside that had Pac Man Jones and then Cam Newton.

They were dare i say similar to Broward County to Dade public school play...maybe a tad below..Palm Beach Level.

Bascially the movement of ppl to Gwinnett and the schools like Grayson hoarding talent has become a problem?. Redan was a solid program.

I didnt expect to see a drop off that fast considering ATL always have an influx of ppl. For example look in South Florida..you can pretty much name the same public schools for the last 20+ years and they mostly still reman solid to good programs. And thats even with the private schools like Chaminade and American Heritage becoming a thing..when they were perennial doormats for the most part back then.

APS is lacking like that?.
I keep writing Fulton but you are more accurate. Its the APS and Dekalb public schools which have no money for athletics and terrible programs right now.
North Fulton is more like Gwinnett, good academic and athletic programs. The people are still flooding into Atlanta, but the big influx has been from mid-town and north. So the South and west Atlanta schools aren’t getting the influx. The people in mid-town go to Grady where the debate team has more juice than the football team, or they go to private schools which are typically competitive.

North Fulton has benefitted along with Gwinnett. Forsyth County is also starting to grow and I bet we will see stronger teams coming from there as well.
But sad to say that APS and Dekalb are dead in terms of athletics and academics.

I keep writing Fulton but you are more accurate. Its the APS and Dekalb public schools which have no money for athletics and terrible programs right now.
North Fulton is more like Gwinnett, good academic and athletic programs. The people are still flooding into Atlanta, but the big influx has been from mid-town and north. So the South and west Atlanta schools aren’t getting the influx. The people in mid-town go to Grady where the debate team has more juice than the football team, or they go to private schools which are typically competitive.

North Fulton has benefitted along with Gwinnett. Forsyth County is also starting to grow and I bet we will see stronger teams coming from there as well.
But sad to say that APS and Dekalb are dead in terms of athletics and academics.
Wow.
What do you think can change it a bit?.

Even schools like Collins Hill an Dacula i kind of still see are strong.

Advertisement
Back