30 carries for Knighton. 4 for Franklin and Brown combined

These people saying Rooster should carry it 30 times a game should just STFU because they're just showing their ignorance about the game of football and what the hits do to the body over the course of a season. Rooster is not built to carry the ball 30 times a game. Even if he were, it would still be a bad idea.

Doing so on a weekly basis is counterproductive and will result in injuries.

The guys that have carried the ball 30 times a game over their careers now walk with a cane if they can walk at all. NFL teams don't do it anymore. Sure, here and there a guy may get 30+, but not a week-in week-out game plan to carry it 30+ times. Most teams have a "feature back" that may carry it 15-20 times and may get another 5-10 touches in the pass game.

There's only so many hits the body can take before things begin to break down.
Nobody is saying he should get 30 touches a game..and if we had another back the OC and Position coaches trusted he wouldn’t of had 2..but we are not in a ideal situation as far as depth at that position. We lost 2 backs to szn ending injuries..Plus he’s not only capable of handling the position BUT HES ALSO OUR MOST DYNAMIC PLAYER..how hard is that to understand? Yesterday was a close conference game..so you play and get the ball in your best players hands..so now it goes from the staff doesn’t play/utilize it’s talent..too no he’s playing utilizing his best play maker took much. You guys are acting like we have a healthy room and they choose to ride him. No. It’s either keep your best player on the field in a close game or play 2 tf RBs the OC and position coach clearly don’t trust in any and ever situation

Advertisement
Every coach in America is now showing your post to every one of the kid's he's recruiting against you for. lol. You just lost half of your roster by telling a kid that you're willing to trade one year of his eligibility for a single play. :weight-machine:
I'm not a coach, and I didn't say that to a kid. But so what if I were and I did? All I said is, I'd put you in so you could win a game for us instead of keeping you on the bench. Show me a kid who wants to keep his shirt rather than have a chance to get on the field and be the hero and I'll show you a kid I didn't want on my team.

It's crazy to me how this place swings back and forth between "win at all costs" and "those poor kids :-(".

Yup that’s the CIS myth. Even tho countless situations disprove the coaches are hiding All Americans on the 3 deep..y’all still run with it. And it all started with kosi hive..then Greg being hidden (even tho that szn in question he was AA)..along with that we had the next Andre Johnson benched..and the next Adrian Peterson could not see the field..this was 2019..in 2020/21 we seem to be hiding the next Devin white in Tac, a. 2nd year 3 star Fresh..lol it’s a cycle man
Ray Liotta Lol GIF

Nobody is saying he should get 30 touches a game..and if we had another back the OC and Position coaches trusted he wouldn’t of had 2..but we are not in a ideal situation as far as depth at that position. We lost 2 backs to szn ending injuries..Plus he’s not only capable of handling the position BUT HES ALSO OUR MOST DYNAMIC PLAYER..how hard is that to understand? Yesterday was a close conference game..so you play and get the ball in your best players hands..so now it goes from the staff doesn’t play/utilize it’s talent..too no he’s playing utilizing his best play maker took much. You guys are acting like we have a healthy room and they choose to ride him. No. It’s either keep your best player on the field in a close game or play 2 tf RBs the OC and position coach clearly don’t trust in any and ever situation
There seems to be a lot of confusion here. People don't get that just because you don't want to run a guy 30 times doesn't mean it's not what's needed sometimes. If we had put GT away like we should have, then I think running the other guys more would have been an option. But god help the coach who doesn't run Knighton 30 times and loses the game, CIS will burn his house down and possibly murder his children.

Well, I don't think it is. The two best backs on this team are Cheney and Knighton. None of the other RB's have the vision or speed of those two and its not even close. I think we can all agree that what we have seen from the other three is clearly a step below, if not two steps.
Thad hasn't played so this makes no sense

Advertisement
There seems to be a lot of confusion here. People don't get that just because you don't want to run a guy 30 times doesn't mean it's not what's needed sometimes. If we had put GT away like we should have, then I think running the other guys more would have been an option. But god help the coach who doesn't run Knighton 30 times and loses the game, CIS will burn his house down and possibly murder his children.
Exactly. We used Duke in a similar fashion in key games. U get the ball to your guy. In this situation, not only is 4 THE GUY on offense we go to and should when we need plays..but there’s also nothing behind him but 2 freshman..one of which came into camp least 30 pounds overweight and didn’t even participate full go.

Advertisement
We’ve had a all conference or American freshman every year since 2016 except for 2020
2016 shaq all ACC honorary mention
2017 navaughn AP freshman AA
2018 Brevin Jordan all ACC honorable
2019 greg First team All ACC and a AP all American

Advertisement
Agreed

Not gonna ever defend Lashlee or Manny but Knighton was the guy yesterday and he was getting it done

Not ideal at all and I’m guessing the coaches would say the exact same thing

I’m all for getting Franklin in there more though

Brown is horrible, simply put.
Doesn’t impress me. He’s a P5 back. I don’t think he’s what we have grown expect talent wise at Miami at the RB position. That means your expectation is to be a game changer. Imo He won’t live up to that. Hopefully he’s at least a Joe yearby/Deejay ect. Meaning a productive player..but Thad is expected to be that and a little bit more. We need to get him right

Advertisement
Bruh when your only guy that can take it the distance gets the carries I'm not going to be mad at that. Rooster has the ability to take anything and house it....the other guys can't.

If they're not redshirting Thad, then it's stupid to not run him in short yardage situations. He's way better built for that. It's not the fumbles, Knighton has a rep for fumbles.

I'm not a coach, and I didn't say that to a kid. But so what if I were and I did? All I said is, I'd put you in so you could win a game for us instead of keeping you on the bench. Show me a kid who wants to keep his shirt rather than have a chance to get on the field and be the hero and I'll show you a kid I didn't want on my team.

It's crazy to me how this place swings back and forth between "win at all costs" and "those poor kids :-(".

Keep in mind my sense of humor is a bit of an acquired taste. (many never acquire it. :noidea: - lol)

The point Im driving at is that sacrificing Thad's redshirt for a few carries against Central Connecticut Culinary School and 3 other carries in 3 other games is a good way to harm your team's future recruiting.

Advertisement
Back