30 carries for Knighton. 4 for Franklin and Brown combined

I've mentioned previously that Cam Harris played every single play for six consecutive quarters at running back before the coaching staff decided to give Cody Brown a small number of plays. This is horrible roster management IMO.
100 times this. What we're seeing was totally to be expected and not really a reflection of Rooster's capabilities but a reflection of how **** poor Lashlee -- and everyone under Manny -- is with roster and personnel management.

Zero doubt that had Cam not gone down the title of this thread would be: Cam Harris 30 carries, Rooster, Franklin and Brown 4 carries.

Advertisement
Lol we all know coaches has historically been bad at evaluating talent
Yup that’s the CIS myth. Even tho countless situations disprove the coaches are hiding All Americans on the 3 deep..y’all still run with it. And it all started with kosi hive..then Greg being hidden (even tho that szn in question he was AA)..along with that we had the next Andre Johnson benched..and the next Adrian Peterson could not see the field..this was 2019..in 2020/21 we seem to be hiding the next Devin white in Tac, a. 2nd year 3 star Fresh..lol it’s a cycle man

Advertisement
Cody Brown got stuffed on back-to-back plays. It doesn’t matter who we put in there if our short-yardage playcalling remains pedestrian and our o-line continues to get blown off the ball.
In Thad Franklin's one carry he got hit behind the LOS but managed to make it a three yard gain because he knows how to fall forward. But for Lashlee and his followers on here that was one carry too much for Franklin.

Look, all I'm going to say is that if you find yourself agreeing that Rooster should get 30 carries a game, please know that you are also agreeing with the two worst posters on this board: @GoCanes and @305to954

I don’t mind getting your best back the ball 32 times when the game is close or we are playing from behind. If we would have focused up 14 he wouldn’t have needed to carry it that much. It is what it is. We would have been complaining he wasn’t in enough if he were to have 18 carries and we lost.
Plenty to criticize but giving the ball to the best RB on the team isn’t one of them.

Advertisement
Do we even have a double tight goal line package? If we are gonna keep being predictable on short yardage situations, we HAVE to get Thad in the game on those. Knighton can barely stay on his feet when he just has a finger nail to jump and the wind blowing and you want to hammer him up the middle through d lineman and blitzing linebackers? Please, when we need one yard, give it to Thad. Thanks

They can appear in 4 games w/o burning a RS now. They changed the rule couple szns back
Yes, I know. But now he's down 2 games (CCSU and Ga Tech), and the second game is lost for just one carry. If you're going to burn games, let him do his thing. Especially when Brown was ineffective and Rooster was hurting.

Advertisement
I disagree, we're just speculating Knighton can't handle it. Knighton says he wants that type of workload every game. I personally hate a RB by committee system. Knighton should get at minimum 20 touches a game. Now if you want to bring in Thad or Cody for short yardage and Goal line stuff then I totally understand.
NO!!!! You obviously don't understand football. Knighton is maybe 190 to 200 tops and he doesn' have a big frame. No RB under 215-220 can carry the ball 30 times a game each week unless he's short and stocky at 200 lbs.

Have you been watching football for the last ten 10 years?

Every team uses multiple running backs. It doesn't mean they all get the same number of carries. You have 1 guy that is the feature back and other guys help take some of the load and/or bring a different dynamic to the table.

It was obvious he was wearing out towards the end of the game. He wouldn't last more than 3-4 games at that pace. It's just too many hits to the body. There are very few bigger backs that carry the ball that many times a game each and every week. It's better to have 2-3 backs and split up some of the carries. It's more productive for the team and the longevity of the player

I thought we were saving Franklin for a red shirt, but then it makes no sense to put him in for one carry.
They can appear in 4 games w/o burning a RS now. They changed the rule couple szns back

Correct but playing in one play counts as one game played. Again, why use one of the four games if you're only going to give him one play per game?

To me, it sort of comes off like the staff is trying to appease players (and maybe parents of players) here and there. Just a guess though.

LMAO, he averages over 5 yards a carry and goes for a buck 60 and yall can’t help but complain about usage. Cody Brown got a short yardage carry, or didn’t anyone watch the game. He didn’t convert.

Somewhere OP is sitting in a poorly lit room muttering to himself, “5 yards running over defenders is worth more than 5 yards eluding tackles.”

Advertisement
Idk what's worse: that stat or Lashlee's playbook consisting of one running play that makes 3rd and shorts nearly impossible to convert.

Knighton is a good thing, let's not run him into the ground just because you're a lazy fvck and can't recognize the talent -- and change of pace back -- that is Thad Franklin. Who's just waiting to punish tired defenses in the third and fourth quarter and is actually ideal for the one running play you've got, Lashlee you asshat.

Also, nothing ****es me off more than college OCs making one RB carry the entire load as if they're getting paid for it. The shelf life of RBs are short enough as it is, don't put so many miles on him before he even gets paid to take the punishment he's receiving.

For as many points as we put up Lashlee sure does hold his offense back with his lack of common sense and it's just begging to cost us big some point soon.
I agree that the play calling is suspect at times and we should at least try to use other backs, even if all we have are 4th string guys left. And while I wish the best for these guys, I don't ever want to hear that the call to play a guy or not was about his future NFL career. The only job Lashlee has is to score points and if the best way to do that is to run a guy 60 times in a game, then that's what he should do. I think we should go easy on the kid because we're truly f**ked if he gets hurt, but I'm not interested in considerations other than making this the best team it can be this season.

Yes, I know. But now he's down 2 games (CCSU and Ga Tech), and the second game is lost for just one carry. If you're going to burn games, let him do his thing. Especially when Brown was ineffective and Rooster was hurting.
I’m saying tho..the coaches (hickson/Lashlee) don’t trust putting him in there In any situation at this point..and in a close ball game yesterday they rode with the offenses most dynamic and consistent play maker..in a perfect world we have at least cam or Don and that workload isn’t as much..but we aren’t in a ideal situation.

Advertisement
Back