2022 3 Star OL Anez Cooper signs with Miami

Lot of upside here. Natural size, moves well. Needs to do a better job of turning his size into explosive power, but at the high school level he can just touch guys and send them flying.

If the reports on his character are true, this is the kind of kid you want to develop. Reminds me a bit of TJ Slaton from AMH/UF/Packers.

Advertisement
I agree with that sentiment. He reminds a lot of 3 * olinemen from Jacksonville, FL Solomon Kindley from Raines HS who went to UGA a few years ago and is now in the NFL. Coming out of his school Kindley also had bad weight he need to shed, but the raw athleticism and power was already there which is similar to 2022 OL Anez Cooper.

I am still bothered Miami dropped the ball on this in state Young man who was good enough for Georgia but not Miami ( F'ing amateur hour in CG. Mind you Mike Pinckney was his former teammate at Raines HS)

Go Canes

Miami sure did..his family is from Miami…

Advertisement
Lot of upside here. Natural size, moves well. Needs to do a better job of turning his size into explosive power, but at the high school level he can just touch guys and send them flying.

If the reports on his character are true, this is the kind of kid you want to develop. Reminds me a bit of TJ Slaton from AMH/UF/Packers.
Slaton at OL in high school? That’s where he had a future many said.

Advertisement
Logan Sagapolu seems to be a much better prospect at this point... 4 years left and someone said he was one of the strongest players on the Oregon team.

View attachment 173669

Go Canes

Last edited:
I know next to nothing about deadlifting, except that the idea of doing it barefoot terrifies me.

is that normal/best way, or a cultural thing?

I know next to nothing about deadlifting, except that the idea of doing it barefoot terrifies me.

Barefoot is fine in general and not sure about cultural aspects but be really careful with your form. I've always done lighter lifting but the past two years (especially once gyms re-opened) have gotten more into power lifting exercises. My deadlift reps are now at 225+ but on one of them my form was not correct and I'm dealing with a strained abdomen muscle now. At least, I hope it's not a **** hernia.

Advertisement
Advertisement
But it said Mirabal in the article. Where’s Mirabal?
He is standing on a chair taking the picture!

Vintage Picture GIF

When doing heavy legs, you want as little padding in your shoes as possible because that just makes the lift harder. The give in the padding works against your lift. Some people take that to its logical end and go barefoot. It's not cultural.

When doing heavy legs, you want as little padding in your shoes as possible because that just makes the lift harder. The give in the padding works against your lift. Some people take that to its logical end and go barefoot. It's not cultural.
Thanks for explaining! Makes sense.

Advertisement
Back