2022 3 Star OL Anez Cooper signs with Miami

I know next to nothing about deadlifting, except that the idea of doing it barefoot terrifies me.

is that normal/best way, or a cultural thing?
Modern shoes/soles tend to disassociate your feet muscles from the floor. When you dead, you are hopefully engaging your feet as talons (so to speak) so that your entire body is engaged. By going barefoot, you have a better mind/muscle connection and may activate some of the smaller leg/feet muscles to make the lift more engaging and rewarding, which hopefully leads to gains down the road.

Advertisement
Modern shoes/soles tend to disassociate your feet muscles from the floor. When you dead, you are hopefully engaging your feet as talons (so to speak) so that your entire body is engaged. By going barefoot, you have a better mind/muscle connection and may activate some of the smaller leg/feet muscles to make the lift more engaging and rewarding, which hopefully leads to gains down the road.
assuming that's why you see people using chucks or wrestling shoes?

So I started watching his highlight tape and I tell you something #77 the left tackle jumps off the screen and had me watching him more then Cooper . He is going to some small Alabama school but I tell you what that kid if he works hard will be in the portal and moving to bigger and better things soon enough because hes got some talent. Well looks like he Does to me. I will admit I dont know much about the o-line play as it translates to next level but this kid has some really nice feet and I saw him blocking one guy then going to the net level and picking off lb's and db's. Looks like he plays with a bit of a mean streak as well.

Advertisement
I have no idea what you just wrote, but nonetheless, I am impressed!!

Advertisement
We need big boy's inside... Moten, Miller, Cooper are the targets. Target Edge rushers that can play inside on x and long, Shemar, Thomas, Pyburn.

If I had to rank them currently in terms of quality: Shemar, Moten, Miller, Pyburn, Thomas and Cooper.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back