2022 3 Star OL Anez Cooper signs with Miami

Advertisement
Mario via Miami Herald:

-He will primarily be an offensive linemen. But Cristobal told WQAM’s Don Bailey Jr. that he also expects to use Cooper on defense. Cooper, listed at 6-6 and 358, “moves like a 300-pounder,” Cristobal said. “He looked like a polar bear out there [in high school], slapping people around. He’s a unique talent. So light on his feet. So much power.

“I said, ‘What do you want to play?’ He said right guard. I said I’m very happy, [but the] defensive line coach won’t be happy about that. But he’s a guy that in situations will play some defense.”
A head coach asking the recruit what position he wants to play... so refreshing. Feels like there were a number of recruits that we lost because Manny and staff tried to force them onto one side of the ball.

A head coach asking the recruit what position he wants to play... so refreshing. Feels like there were a number of recruits that we lost because Manny and staff tried to force them onto one side of the ball.
Agree.
Almost sounds like Mario wanted him at DT but was going to let him play whichever side he wanted to ensure we didn't lose him.

Advertisement
I am not sure I get the rankings... Kid looks like a monster moves very well and has great feet. Mario said at one point he was up to 400 but have moved down to 350. You get him in a eating and weight program and he is only going to get more agile. Seems like that run blocking guard we have been lacking for years now.
This kid is probably 350 pounds in this video. IMO his playing weight should be in the 305 - 310 pound range.

No... this kid was 400. He may lose 10 pounds but he needs to shift his weight to more muscle not lose it. His playing weight will be 340+. He gets in a top notch eating and strength program he is going to be an absolute mauler.

They got the kid, priority 1. If he can get it done at a high level at DT it won't take long for them to help him connect the dots for his future earning potential.

Advertisement
Back