2nd Scrimmage Breakdown

Advertisement
27 is pretty low my guy...

For perspective, FSU averaged 27.6 last year, Oregon averaged 31.4 & their Offense was pretty pedestrian.

We should be aiming for 30-32 at minimum, if we plan on winning more than 8 games.

The only way you can score that low on average & still win games is if you have a top 5 Defense, like Clemson; they had the #2 ranked Defense in the Nation but averaged around 29 a game.
Agree ... having low scoring expectations simply because we don't CURRENTLY have an elite 2 deep outside deep threat WR's identified is nuts. High quality OC knows his personnel, excellent TE's, RB's that can catch out of the backfield, Restrepo, Smith, and George. The offense will put up points ... fully expect more than 30 points in every conference game.

Advertisement
We made serious runs for Jordan Addison, Zay Flowers, Xavier Worthy, etc but we just didn't close the deal on those guys. It definitely wasn't a lack of effort.
I like swinging for the fences but you have to have backup options. There were more than 3 WR available that would improve our roster/production.
Honestly we don't know that. We have 2nd and 3rd hand practice reports. I think this group will surprise.
The DL might have as well. I just think it’s better to have a surplus than hope & wish for surprises. JMO

Fwiw I would never question EFFORT from this staff.

Just hope we aren’t one position group short of making a deep run (cut this rebuild time in half).

Advertisement
Second-team safety. He will play.
Any word on how they'll use Frierson? Safety has Jwill, Tae, Kam, and now apparently Blades. Not to mention guys like Balom and Harrell. Doubt he'll be on the outside. Porter and Couch have nickel locked up...he seemed like our guy with the highest football IQ last year so thought he'd be on the field more. If I had to guess, a lot of switching at safety?

I tired to tell you guys about Frank
I said some negative things a couple months about him and got jumped on…. The kids a JAG. Obviously I want him to succeed but he’s nothing special as far as a football player. People can say he’s super duper talented… They have to stop living off that 5* label. Not every 5* is a stud or even a good player. Players can be overrated and are just not that good. Ex: Ladson, Lingard, etc.

I said some negative things a couple months about him and got jumped on…. The kids a JAG. Obviously I want him to succeed but he’s nothing special as far as a football player. People can say he’s super duper talented… They have to stop living off that 5* label. Not every 5* is a stud or even a good player. Players can be overrated and are just not that good. Ex: Ladson, Lingard, etc.
Idk. He’s boring. His tape never moved the needle for me. I guess he’s big, but not particularly fast or twitchy on the field. I’m sure he tests well, but he’s not a guy on that field that’s obviously more physically talented than the rest like a Njoku or Avante.

Mentally I get Mark Pope vibes. I hope he proves me wrong but… meh.

Advertisement
Everything sounds pretty amazing. Although your buddies wrong Mallory isn’t injured he’s dinged up and they are saving him for the beginning of the season. He will start with Arroyo at the same time.
Thanks for this. I was like wait a minute wtf is going on with Mallory

With WRs scuffling a bit Mallory could actually be the biggest receiving weapon on the team

Advertisement
Ladson has the tools to be elite. Does he have the dog in him is the question. He’s a guy you coach hard and really push, because his ceiling is ridiculous if he puts in the work.

If he drops balls, bench his ***. He’s too talented to be ******* around dropping ****
Clear case of "do you kinda like football because you were really good at it as a kid and in HS so you just went with it".....or do you LOVE football and can't live without it...

Advertisement
Back