2nd Scrimmage Breakdown

I mean I didn’t see it with Ladson since none of us ever have it was more of hope with him but that’s really discouraging to hear about him..at this point I would just start one of the young guys over him..

Advertisement
Honestly I doubt Ladson starting over Romello and George will last very long.

If it really is just a drop issue, these dudes need to be spending 30mins on the jug machine very day.
Did all of these guys have issues catching the ball before or did our entire WR core get the yips at the same time?

I know call me a pessimist but we are going to be dealing with the lack of 50/50 wins all year unless they bench starters and a young guy steps up.

Rumor has it per the podcast they had one passing td. This is going to be a problem.
You’re not a pessimist but it’s a mistake to think the state of WR play week one is a constant that will never improve.

If we know we have WR's who can't get behind the defense or catch contested 50/50 balls, there's no sense in trying to force it. Find out what they do best (besides drops), and utilize it.

Advertisement
Second-team safety. He will play.
You think blades is physical enough to play safety though? I know He’s a gifted cover corner but just not sure he’s strong in tackling per say. Well who knows maybe he’s improved in that area

Last edited:
* Expect two TE sets. Skinner is going to play.
He supposedly has speed in the 4.6 range and played a little bit of WR in HS, with the way they are talking about these other WRs I am wondering if Skinner can run the X routes.

Any word on how they'll use Frierson? Safety has Jwill, Tae, Kam, and now apparently Blades. Not to mention guys like Balom and Harrell. Doubt he'll be on the outside. Porter and Couch have nickel locked up...he seemed like our guy with the highest football IQ last year so thought he'd be on the field more. If I had to guess, a lot of switching at safety?

Frierson will be STAR which is similar to striker. So no big difference from before. He is in better shape and moving better than last year, though.

Advertisement
Yes... I think within 10'points for AM ... Clemson might win by 14-17 pts
We have no idea what this team can and cannot do but we know we are vastly better coached and we are better everywhere but at X and Y. Predicting a game in November is silly. Injuries and yes even covid round 3 can completely make any game highly unpredictable. Plus, what if Clemson's new coordinators **** the bed?

Advertisement
Appreciate this dude. Already saying this could be another Pope/Wiggins situation is pretty strong. Problem is with those two back in 2020 is when they dropped balls, they didn't get benched. That quickly changed last year with the lack of PT both guys saw. If you start dropping balls with this staff, you bet your *** is getting benched.

I figured Mallory would be good to go to start the year but if they have to keep him out for the first game I'm ok with that. Arroyo and Skinner could hold it down but need Will back for A&M.

I assume the OL will have a 7 man rotation once Zion is back.

Very interested to see this DL rotation. Sounds like they are deeper than the 2017 DL.

Here's to staying healthy going into 9/3. Hopefully Don isn't out the 6-8 weeks those slapdicks at 247 claim.
Holy ****, welcome back. Haven’t seen you post in a minute

Advertisement
we reallllllly could’ve used worthy or the UCF receiver

Funny that there where fans questioning Mario for going after that kid as If we were just stacked at wr 🙄...Clearly Mario knew what he was looking at everyday

Advertisement
Back