2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Very impressive player, would be an interesting fit to replace Miller. We’d get a lot of years out of him (coach L principle). Would need some development at the post tho, more of a 3 guy than a post guy.
Man oh man, a really nice replacement for Jordan.

Very impressive player, would be an interesting fit to replace Miller. We’d get a lot of years out of him (coach L principle). Would need some development at the post tho, more of a 3 guy than a post guy.
He’s got a nice shot, very good athleticism & plays above the rim.

Definitely a Wing-F, but his game translates well because he can create his own shot.

He’s got a nice shot, very good athleticism & plays above the rim.

Definitely a Wing-F, but his game translates well because he can create his own shot.
The biggest plus about Miller is that he is deceptively efficient in scoring along the baseline and inside..... very fluid and elusive inside because he doesn't power his way in.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jameer Nelson, Jr.?!!?!!!??!?!?!?!?!!?

Bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I am a ******* CORPSE! ****.

Wasn't that St. Joe's run where they were something like 32-0 maybe 5 years ago LOL. ****. I feel old as **** right now.

OK, old man rant over, **** yeah this kid is a take.

PS...is Phil Martelli still alive???? Dude always looked like he spent his whole life chugging Pepto Bismol. That team was so **** fun, though.

Martelli looks like the Muppet Sam the Eagle

Advertisement
Don't see us adding any major pieces unless our guys start bolting. Only if guys like Miller or Wong declare for the draft, otherwise I don't see too many guys looking to transfer to a program where minutes will be hard to come by.

Don't see us adding any major pieces unless our guys start bolting. Only if guys like Miller or Wong declare for the draft, otherwise I don't see too many guys looking to transfer to a program where minutes will be hard to come by.
Miller is gone no matter what, and Wong had senior day points to a high likelihood of leaving. Need to replace both those spots in the lineup. Maybe Joseph takes point but we 100% would need another high quality guard, a start quality Wing-F to replace Miller, and a solid PF to replace Walker that’d give quality minutes

I've actually been thinking we may push a kid or two out to the portal. We need to really go for it next year and bring in the best players we can.

Advertisement
When we played them the whole time i thought this kid needs to be on our squad.

this is a kid i would love to offer and get in the portal. We should be onhim
I truly love this kid so impressed with all facets of his game. Does anyone know if we are trying to make communications with this kid. Come on Jim call him from Albany and tell him what he’s missing.

Miller is gone, no more eligibility left
Wong is likely gone
Walker and Bev? Who knows. Sorry to bash Walker, but I wouldn’t be upset if he transfers or doesn’t use his last year

We need a 3 and D wing in the portal and a rim protecting big.
PG as well?

I'm not sold on Joseph being an ACC quality point. He plays fine D, can occasionally hit a 3 ball or two, but ... he isn't the penetrator that Wong has been in terms of being able to take it to the rack and scoring, getting fouled, or kicking it back outside for someone else to take the shot. I still see him as a decent reserve, not what you want in your starting PG.

Pack can play the point but I think he's better playing off the ball.

Advertisement
PG as well?

I'm not sold on Joseph being an ACC quality point. He plays fine D, can occasionally hit a 3 ball or two, but ... he isn't the penetrator that Wong has been in terms of being able to take it to the rack and scoring, getting fouled, or kicking it back outside for someone else to take the shot. I still see him as a decent reserve, not what you want in your starting PG.

If Wong leaves we absolutely without question need another scoring Guard.

Ben Joesph is a good 6th man off the bench who can bring good energy on Defense & be a spark in the 2nd line rotation.

He’s not a full time starter though & considering Jakai is permanently welded to the bench we’re definitely going to need a Guard if Wong leaves.

PG as well?

Overall Joseph is pretty average he’s no Pack not close.

Overall Joseph is pretty average he’s no Pack not close.
Ben Joseph looked terrific in the OOC part of our schedule in November and December. Effective scorer, clearly playing the best defense among all perimeter players.

Since ACC play started, though, there clearly has been a drop off in minutes and effectiveness. Open question how much upside (if any) he still has. At worst, still a decent bench piece going forward. At best, possibly Wong's replacement at the 1.

Advertisement
Back