2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement

🤞🏽

If El Ellis hit the Portal, throw him a NIL deal immediately.

Black Widow Avengers GIF

Advertisement

100% take.

And if he has anything close to the pedigree that his pops had, you’ve got yourself a real gem.

That St. Joe’s run with Jameer Sr & Delonte West is still one of my all-time favorite CBB seasons.

Jameer Nelson, Jr.?!!?!!!??!?!?!?!?!!?

Bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I am a ******* CORPSE! ****.

Wasn't that St. Joe's run where they were something like 32-0 maybe 5 years ago LOL. ****. I feel old as **** right now.

OK, old man rant over, **** yeah this kid is a take.

PS...is Phil Martelli still alive???? Dude always looked like he spent his whole life chugging Pepto Bismol. That team was so **** fun, though.

I got to see that St Joes run up close. We used to fundraise for our baseball program by doing security for SJU and Nova games. I was a coach at that point so I volunteered to work a lot...then just hung out once there. It felt like every shot Nelson put up was going in. Looks like Junior can fill it up like dad.

Side story: When they played Nova at the Pavilion it was an unreal atmosphere. Nova was loaded with all those guards....I actually had to "work". But my job was to make sure no one bothered Brian Westbrook and Freddie Mitchell so I sat courtside...and one older lady snuck by me during a TV Timeout. Asked for an autograph. As she walked away Mitchell taps me "Nice work" and just started laughing but not an amused laugh. Took every ounce of power to not make a ****head comment back. Westbrook was the man. Very quiet.

Wasn't that St. Joe's run where they were something like 32-0 maybe 5 years ago LOL. ****. I feel old as **** right now.

PS...is Phil Martelli still alive???? Dude always looked like he spent his whole life chugging Pepto Bismol. That team was so **** fun, though.
They went 27-0 for the regular season & got the #1 seed in the A10, but wound up losing to Xavier in the conference tournament.

But they got a #1 seed for the 03-04 Field of 64 tournament & made it all the way to the Elite 8 but lost by 2 to OK ST coached by Eddie Sutton & lead by John Lucas III (although IMO the refs gave OK ST that game).

They finished the season 30-2, but they went on a historic Cinderella run & what made it so great to watch is, Billy Packer when he was broadcasting for CBS at the time was hating on them every step of the way. He was actively rooting against them every time he called one of their games & would take shots at them pretty openly. It got to the point where ****y V actually had to stand up for St. Joe’s & talk about how good they were throughout the year, because Billy Packer consistently said they weren’t that good & didn’t deserve a #1 seed.

And yes Phil Martelli is still alive, he’s AHC with Juwan Howard in Michigan.

Primo Spears from Baltimore, was one of the best Guards in the Big East despite playing on the absolute worst team.

This dude is LEGIT & if Wong leaves would actually be a perfect replacement who would fit in our Offense very well.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Was just thinking the same thing. Had no clue jameer Nelson's son was that old or playing college ball. Seems like just yesterday I was watching him and dwight tag team it on the magic. Makes me feel ancient

I can’t recall a player walking on Sr night thar came back , maybe I’m forgetting names. Football or basketball. As for recruiting they can add replacements through portal if they have to.

Big Lou Headley.

Advertisement
Both took part on Sr night , that’s normally a dead giveaway on their futures. “Thanks for your service“.

Think they should both move on. For them find a place where they can start and for Miami find better players.

Wong should come back and a core of Pack, Wong, Wooga, and Norchad with a couple of transfers and continued development of Watson, Robinson, and Casey should be formidable.

Advertisement
Back