2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Minnesota 2nd leading scorer in the portal

Gopher program is so bad but Battle was one of the few bright spots the last two seasons. Gopher fans thought he'd try going pro somewhere rather than portal somewhere else so they were all surprised by this. I saw Louisville as a possibility but not sure how true that was... might've just been twitter speak.

Gopher program is so bad but Battle was one of the few bright spots the last two seasons. Gopher fans thought he'd try going pro somewhere rather than portal somewhere else so they were all surprised by this. I saw Louisville as a possibility but not sure how true that was... might've just been twitter speak.
Yeah the talk was that he was just done with school and ready to move on. But if it turns out he can get more from a college program via NIL than he can in Europe, I'm sure that route becomes more appealing.

Hadn't heard Louisville connected with Battle (it was Henley of the players in the portal that I'd seen connected with Louisville because he's close with Dennis Evans, but he just committed to DePaul). Someone on one of the Gopher boards thought Kansas was a possibility for him.

Advertisement
Wichita State leading scorer, not an X&O’s guy but similar profile as Miller, but with only 1 year left of eligibility.

Had a breakout year with Wichita State after being unable to get any playing time at Georgia

Wichita State leading scorer, not an X&O’s guy but similar profile as Miller, but with only 1 year left of eligibility.

Had a breakout year with Wichita State after being unable to get any playing time at Georgia

I like this kid’s game, he’s got a quick trigger release on his jumper & has playmaking ability off the dribble.

Advertisement
I think we will have very solid depth next season.

But if I’m taking 2 Portal guys next season (assuming Wong/Miller leave & Beverly/Walker stay)

I’m going with a:

- 6’9+ Center who can shoot from the outside
- A True PG Facilitator who can Dribble/Drive/Pass

2023 Lineup of:

PG - Pass First PG Transfer
SG - N Pack
SF- W Poplar
PF - N Omier
C - 6’9+ Stretch 5

Bench:

G - H Beverly (Defender/Facilitator)
G - B Joseph (Defender)
F - A Walker (idk he’s atheltic)
F - C Watson (Slasher)
F - AJ Casey (Rebounder/postman)
F - Janovich (3Pt shooter)
C - F Aire (Rebounder/Postman)

I honestly expect us to have a very solid defensive team next year similar to our 2013-14 Team

Do we really think we go after a true center, not sure how Omier fits in with another true big on the team with his midrange ability.

Would think maybe we take a bigger Wing-F that has enough shooting ability but can also avg atleast 6 boards

Advertisement
Do we really think we go after a true center, not sure how Omier fits in with another true big on the team with his midrange ability.

Would think maybe we take a bigger Wing-F that has enough shooting ability but can also avg atleast 6 boards
The recent injury to Omier and the dire consequences of what might well have followed show how badly we need another big man. Also, even with Norchad healthy, we need someone to take the load off his minutes.

The recent injury to Omier and the dire consequences of what might well have followed show how badly we need another big man. Also, even with Norchad healthy, we need someone to take the load off his minutes.
Considering how every game is pretty much an unknown adventure as to how he’ll be officiated, we absolutely need another Big because Omier gets foul calls that most other Bigs don’t get.

Plus, Omier isn’t even really a Big, he’s a Forward that just plays Bigger than his position & because he’s so strong & such a talented rebounder.

AJ Casey is gonna take some time to develop all the aspects of his game, he’s playing mostly this year to spell for Omier due to lack of depth in the front court, but ideally he would’ve been a Redshirt this season, because mentally he’s not really there yet in terms of understanding the game Defensively. On Offense he just looks rushed & too eager to make a play, rather than relaxing & letting the game come to him. He’s a few years away IMO, but at least serviceable right now.

Advertisement
I meant in the starting lineup. I agree we should target another big man, I like Adelekun. But do we think we’d start two bigs (ex Omier at the 4 and a guy like Josh Cohen at the 5)

Intriguing prospect from Charleston Missouri...

DeMarcus Sharp is a pure scorer with + athleticism who can create his own show off the dribble, attacks the basket with aggression & is a smooth finisher at the rim with good touch. He’s also a ball distributor & uses his play style to get open looks for his teammates, penetrates drawing defenders to him & hits the open man.

Takes a lot of high % shots & displays good court IQ, IMO I’d take a look at this kid as a possibility to add.

Shot 54% from 3 & 80% from the Free Throw line & is very good on ball Defender as well.

I meant in the starting lineup. I agree we should target another big man, I like Adelekun. But do we think we’d start two bigs (ex Omier at the 4 and a guy like Josh Cohen at the 5)
Depending on who we might recruit, I'd be happy with anoth big man starter to play alongside Omier or ... a guy with size and strength who could play effectively up front in a reserve role. Just can't go into a new season with Norchad being our sole big man. We got away with it so far this season but ... tempting fate to try that twice.

The unknown is whether Aire or Nworo can play much this Fall and, if so, how effectively.

Advertisement
Back