2024 Race to 300

We gonna hit it. With 30 players. Bama brought in 28 last season and Tennessee 29 so it’s not far fetched. 18 or so blue chip guys with 12 other man. Probably does it.
This mock I would say is on the optimistic side, and doesn’t get there (28 commits)

QB Judd Anderson

RB Kevin Riley
RB Chris Wheatley-Humphrey

OL Juan Minaya
OL Derc Plazz
OL Moritz Schmoranzer

TE Elijah Lofton
TE Caleb Odom (I put him in in case Mitchell reclassifies and figure they have a similar ranking)

WR Chance Robinson
WR Jacory Barney
WR Josiah Trader
WR Braylon Staley

DL Aylin Breland
DL Kamarion Franklin
DL Artavius Jones
DL Daylen Russell
DE Dylan Stewart
DE Marquise Lightfoot

LB Chris Cole
LB Vincent Shavers
LB Cameron Pruitt

(just going to clump them all, some are interchangeable)
DB Ryan Mack
DB Dylan Day
DB Isaiah Thomas
DB Ricky Knight
DB Zaquan Patterson
DB Romanas Frederique Jr.

K Abram Murray

This is 293.53, still short. Would probably need another 2 studs to commit or we drop some lower-ranked guys.

Advertisement
This mock I would say is on the optimistic side, and doesn’t get there (28 commits)

QB Judd Anderson

RB Kevin Riley

OL Juan Minaya
OL Derc Plazz
OL Moritz Schmoranzer

TE Elijah Lofton
TE Caleb Odom (I put him in in case Mitchell reclassifies and figure they have a similar ranking)

WR Chance Robinson
WR Jacory Barney
WR Josiah Trader
WR Braylon Staley

DL Aylin Breland
DL Kamarion Franklin
DL Artavius Jones
DL Daylen Russell
DE Dylan Stewart
DE Marquise Lightfoot

LB Chris Cole
LB Vincent Shavers
LB Cameron Pruitt

DB Ryan Mack
DB Dylan Day
DB Isaiah Thomas
DB Ricky Knight
DB Zaquan Patterson

K Abram Murray

This is 293.53, still short. Would probably need another 2 studs to commit or we drop some lower-ranked guys.
Or some players get bumped up, which is likely. Enough for 7 points, not sure. And u pessimistic on Scott? Mmm i think we have a good a chance on him as any DL

I’ve said many times how much they actually and truly love Judd Anderson. They had him evaluated right with Air Noland.

They’re not in a rush to take a second QB in my opinion.

For as much as some want to talk about trusting evals now, hearing this actually inspires the exact opposite. Holy ****.

Taking the smartest man in the room approach at the sport’s most important position. Reminds me of that infamous line from a coach here who defended an off-the-wall eval by saying: “he’s not elite at anything but playing safety”

Last edited:
For as much as some want to talk about trusting evals now, hearing this actually inspires the exact opposite. Holy ****.

Taking the smartest man in the room approach at the sport’s most important position. Reminds me of that infamous line from a coach here who defended a bizarre eval by saying: “he’s not elite at anything but playing safety”

Wasn’t that Donofrio or Hurlie Brown

Advertisement

QB Judd Anderson

RB Kevin Riley

OL Juan Minaya
OL Derc Plazz
OL Moritz Schmoranzer

TE Elijah Lofton

WR Chance Robinson
WR Jacory Barney
WR Josiah Trader
WR Braylon Staley

DL Aylin Breland
DL Kamarion Franklin
DL Artavius Jones
DL Daylen Russell
DE Dylan Stewart
DE Marquise Lightfoot

LB Chris Cole
LB Vincent Shavers
LB Cameron Pruitt

DB Ryan Mack
DB Dylan Day
DB Isaiah Thomas
DB Ricky Knight
DB Zaquan Patterson

K Abram Murray

Only thing add Scott and add Flowers at LB

Advertisement

Taking the smartest man in the room approach at the sport’s most important position. Reminds me of that infamous line from a coach here who defended an off-the-wall eval by saying: “he’s not elite at anything but playing safety”

How do u think they grade players? Its not like they said we evaluated this guy and he is better than Air. Air chose elsewhere and they evaluate Judd as being as better than the rest available since Qb's lock in early.

All they can do is hope TVD has his head on right, he gets drafted fairly high, then shake the tree midseason.

Smartest man in the room is when everyone says 1 guy is better then someone say no, i know more than all yall this guy ia actually the one. False representation of the situation.

How do u think they grade players? Its not like they said we evaluated this guy and he is better than Air. Air chose elsewhere and they evaluate Judd as being as better than the rest available since Qb's lock in early.

All they can do is hope TVD has his head on right, he gets drafted fairly high, then shake the tree midseason.

Smartest man in the room is when everyone says 1 guy is better then someone say no, i know more than all yall this guy ia actually the one. False representation of the situation.

Speaking of false representation, what you posted here at the top is not even remotely indicative of what Lance said. Lance relayed that the staff evaluated Judd Anderson as being "right with" Air Noland. That's clearly a direct comparison of how the staff views those two players specifically.

What I posted in response to that exact comment is a legit representation of smartest man in the room mindset. Having a stance that's so against the grain that you're alone on an island with a polarizing/controversial view no one else shares. Your extremely narrow view of what it means is a description of how debate-style TV is presented.

If you asked every Division 1 coach in the country how they view Air Noland compared to Judd Anderson, how many of them would have Judd as being "right with" Noland, i.e. either equally as good or in a comparable tier?

Speaking of false representation, what you posted here at the top is not even remotely indicative of what Lance said. Lance relayed that the staff evaluated Judd Anderson as being "right with" Air Noland. That's clearly a direct comparison of how the staff views those two players specifically.

What I posted in response to that exact comment is a legit representation of smartest man in the room mindset. Your extremely narrow view of what it means is a description of how debate-style TV is presented.

If you asked every Division 1 coach in the country how they view Air Noland compared to Judd Anderson, how many of them would have Judd as being "right with" Noland, i.e. either equally as good or in a comparable tier?
I took him saying they evaluated him with Air as they evaluated him at the same time, i could be wrong and ask him to explain. In any case, what u said only applies if they chose Judd over some man u consider better than Judd. They didnt take Judd over Air, so yes it still the same.

And yes i would think the smartest man would be the man who took a bum, made him throw for 4k yards and drafted 5th round. Just me though.

Advertisement
Or some players get bumped up, which is likely. Enough for 7 points, not sure. And u pessimistic on Scott? Mmm i think we have a good a chance on him as any DL
Not super pessimistic but I’m quietly optimistic on Franklin. I think we end up signing him. I love where we stand on Breland and Jones, and I don’t think we take all four. Scott seemed like the odd one out, but I won’t count him out if that makes sense.

I took him saying they evaluated him with Air as they evaluated him at the same time, i could be wrong and ask him to explain. In any case, what u said only applies if they chose Judd over some man u consider better than Judd. They didnt take Judd over Air, so yes it still the same.

And yes i would think the smartest man would be the man who took a bum, made him throw for 4k yards and drafted 5th round. Just me though.
They had Noland above Judd in a vertical ranking, but in the same tier in a horizontal ranking. To this staff, in the end, Judd will end up as in the same tier as Noland and “right with him” as far as a prospect goes.

I’m told the QB they evaluated #1 was Julian Sayin. I don’t know if that includes Raiola or not, since they tend to like to see a QB throw in person before finalizing their grade. I know, specifically, Dawson believes in this.

Im starting to get worried man lol
There are some things you can't teach...

I've read he's 6'7" now; and he hasn't seen a college S&C program yet.

1687888544770.png

Advertisement
They had Noland above Judd in a vertical ranking, but in the same tier in a horizontal ranking. To this staff, in the end, Judd will end up as in the same tier as Noland and “right with him” as far as a prospect goes.

I’m told the QB they evaluated #1 was Julian Sayin. I don’t know if that includes Raiola or not, since they tend to like to see a QB throw in person before finalizing their grade. I know, specifically, Dawson believes in this.
I rely on my info coming from insiders on this board and others and the part that gets me is that we were sold on Judd being the QB2 and now we find out otherwise. It’s kind like listening to an NFL GM’s presser after the draft no matter what happened they got the guy they had at the top of the board everytime.

I rely on my info coming from insiders on this board and others and the part that gets me is that we were sold on Judd being the QB2 and now we find out otherwise. It’s kind like listening to an NFL GM’s presser after the draft no matter what happened they got the guy they had at the top of the board everytime.
You’re not wrong and they whiffed on their top targets. But they say (and I saw an old board) that had him high on it.

It’s in the overconfidence of your evaluation that the concern comes into play.

Id make a bunch of different boards with each potential draft pick on the top of them, then if anyone questioned my pick, I'd grab the board with the player's name on it and say, "See, this is definitive proof we got the player who was on the top of our board."

Think About It GIF by Identity

You’re not wrong and they whiffed on their top targets. But they say (and I saw an old board) that had him high on it.

It’s in the overconfidence of your evaluation that the concern comes into play.

There's a little projection involved, for sure, but very few QB's (save Dante Moore) have it all figured out at this stage. Judd will be bigger than Justin Herbert with athleticism of a basketball player, and he throws the football pretty well. Let's not overthink this, he'll need coaching but has the ability to present serious problems if he can run and throw the ball.

Advertisement
Back