2024 Race to 300

Agree with this for the most part, but just be careful with the "now" part. Over the next few weeks, absolutely. But things didn't start really getting weird for the 2023 class until July, and we signed the #7 class. It's June 28th.

Mauigoa was 4th of July
Wayne was the next week
Okunlola and Bain were just before signing day
Riley Williams was July 1st
Ray Ray was actually 1 year ago today
Fletcher and Acheampong VERY late
Popo was mid-July
D. Brown super late
Malik was late July

We'll get it rolling soon, I have no doubt in my mind. We're fighting some really big fish, these kids are doing their due diligence.

But I will assure you of one thing: There is not a single staff in America working harder at this than Miami. Literally no one. Mario demands his staff be as relentless as he is. These dudes are literally recruiting almost 24 hours a day.
Yup well said. Riley is like our Rashada from last season (except hopefully he sticks). Should be plenty of kids we’re after that announce in July/August. We also had Antoine Jackson commit on July 2nd for an additional 4-star, and Lew August 5th (barely composite 4 but nonetheless, then de-committed 12/20/2022).

Advertisement
FWIW....nobody is a lock by any means, but if you JUST ADD Patterson & Trader, and then 3 of the lower ranked DL we have on the board (let's go Jayden Jackson, Artavis Jones, and LJ McCray), that puts us at 244 points.

That's better than the 2022 class, 2019 class and almost the 2017 class, all by itself. With just adding 5 kids. BTW, 244 would have landed you the #18 class last year, just between Michigan and Auburn, and 2 spots ahead of FSU.

Start messing around and signing a kid like Scott, or Breland, or Odom, possibly flip a Smith, or Heyward, or Robinson IV....there are still about a billion paths to securing a class WELL inside the Top 10. Again, for the people getting nervous over the past few weeks, Alabama currently has the 32nd ranked class (yes, I know why, please don't Canesplain me), OU is 40th, Auburn is 45th, Deion is 48th, A&M is 21st......things are going to move SIGNIFICANTLY over the next couple months.

Let the guys cook.
I would also add that Texas is 55th currently and they had a #3 class last cycle and an 8-5 season. July will be a busy month for a lot of programs, including us. then go let the results on the field help close more blue chips late in the cycle.

Lake asked Gaby which composite 5* we have the best shot of landing, who would they be:

Ryan Wingo

Jojo Trader

Dylan Stewart

Justin Scott

If we were to land 3 out of the 4, that would set us up nicely to sniff around 300 right?

What that gotta do with playing qb? I just seen a 5’10 qb go #1 idc about how tall he is

You mean like Baker Mayfield but 3"shorter? The 5'10" dude who was surrounded by the best talent CFB had to offer?

Watch Josh Allen play and maybe you'll understand my point.

Lake asked Gaby which composite 5* we have the best shot of landing, who would they be:

Ryan Wingo

Jojo Trader

Dylan Stewart

Justin Scott

If we were to land 3 out of the 4, that would set us up nicely to sniff around 300 right?
Define nicely? We would need 3 just to have a shot. If we add Stewart, Scott, Trader, Breland, Odom, Patterson, Cole, Barney, Artavius Jones, and L McCoy that’s only 286.67. Getting to 300 is hard af, you have to have a truly elite class.

That would only be 23 but when you get that high a regular 3 star doesn’t add ****. Just to play with the numbers, I added Plazz to those 23 and it an added less than 1 point to the total.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Define nicely? We would need 3 just to have a shot. If we add Stewart, Scott, Trader, Breland, Odom, Patterson, Cole, Barney, Artavius Jones, and L McCoy that’s only 286.67. Getting to 300 is hard af, you have to have a truly elite class.

That would only be 23 but when you get that high a regular 3 star doesn’t add ****. Just to play with the numbers, I added Plazz to those 23 and it an added less than 1 point to the total.
Mother**** lmao

You mean like Baker Mayfield but 3"shorter? The 5'10" dude who was surrounded by the best talent CFB had to offer?

Watch Josh Allen play and maybe you'll understand my point.
Watch a top 5 nfl qb play? Are u serious? And no bryce young just went #1 and Bama offensive skill players were mid asf besides gibbs

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well with Frederique’s commitment, our class moves from 30th to 28th (ahead of Alabama, take that cousin f^ckers).

Unfortunately our class average falls from 88.12 to 87.99, still in the 30th spot.

For reference, last year we had a class rating of 91.95 even with Cormani and Antoine’s de-commitments.

Advertisement
The only way this class gets to 300 would be to sign 50 players (like Coach Prime).
The good news is there doesn't seem to be many 3* targets left we're involved with.Some of the guys left are Elias Williams,Kendall Jackson,Dimitri Nicholas,Tye Hilton,Markel Bell and probably a couple more I'm missing.If the goal is to sign a big class 25+ then Mario will fill the rest 10-14 spots with blue chippers or he struggles to close and signs a small class 20-22 and fills the rest in the portal.

IMG_1087.gif

At this point are we going to have the basic 50% blue chip ratio needed to compete. I know that seems like “wtf” but we are sitting on about a dozen 3* commits

Advertisement
Back