2024 Race to 300

Gaby did another semi-mock class today.

He only has 1 QB in the class (Anderson)

He has Kevin Riley joining CWH as the backs.

He has Wingo and Trader joining Robinson as the receivers, both with a confidence score of "6" out of 10. He also added Barney with a caveat that they may not take 4 receivers but he sees Barney with a very good chance to stay home.

Lofton as the only TE

OL class of Papa Ahfua (7 out of 10, visiting this weekend), Deryc Plazz (recent Ped St decommit and visited, 7 confidence), and Zuri Madison (6) joining Juan Minaya

DL haul has Justin Scott (7), Aydin Breland (6), Artavius Jones (5), Dylan Stewart (7), and Colin Simmons (4), joining Daylen Russell.

LBs we have 2 commits (Shavers and Pruitt), and says he does see a scenario where we only take 2, but Miami is chasing Adarius Hayes (5) hard.

DB class of Jaylen Heyward (Current UGA commit, visiting this weekend, 6), Slone Laulea (#1 JuCo kid in the country, 7), Ryan Mack (STA kid, 7), and Zaquan Patterson (6), joining Dylan Day and Isaiah Thomas.

Then the kicker commit.

That is a 28 man class with a 308.44 rating, which would have ranked #3 or #4 in every cycle for the past 5 years.

So, according to Gaby.....you're tellin' me there's a chance.
If I put together a mock class, I'd have very similar names. I wouldn't have Wingo in there, switched with Jerrae Hawkins, probably.

On the DL, I'd take out Simmons and replace him with a lower guy like maybe Lightfoot or Elias Rudolph (this DL class is going to be nasty no matter the combination of players). Thing to keep in mind is if there are this many crazy DL recruits this year that means not just Miami will get a sick DL class.

Nothing leads me to believe anything but a ~300 class rating for Miami this year and that is crazy coming off a 5-7 season and basically zero success in years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
With the addition of Kevin Riley, we now jump from 161.42 to 178.77.

We were 30th in the recruiting prior to his commitment, and now jump Louisville for the 22nd-ranked class and have 12 commits. Ahead of us by one spot? Alabama.

With the addition of Kevin Riley, we now jump from 161.42 to 178.77.

We were 30th in the recruiting prior to his commitment, and now jump Louisville for the 22nd-ranked class and have 12 commits. Ahead of us by one spot? Alabama.
Bama lurking to jump most I’m sure over the next month or two. Slower start for them.

If I put together a mock class, I'd have very similar names. I wouldn't have Wingo in there, switched with Jerrae Hawkins, probably.

On the DL, I'd take out Simmons and replace him with a lower guy like maybe Lightfoot or Elias Rudolph (this DL class is going to be nasty no matter the combination of players). Thing to keep in mind is if there are this many crazy DL recruits this year that means not just Miami will get a sick DL class.

Nothing leads me to believe anything but a ~300 class rating for Miami this year and that is crazy coming off a 5-7 season and basically zero success in years.

Yup. Thsi is an exceptional year for DL. LOTS of good DL around. Heck, several schools have the potential to own the top DL recruiting class (with few recruit overlaps!).

Advertisement
Advertisement
The early confidence of how it was going to be essentially simple was ridiculous

I still have confidence we will pull some “whales” but 1/2 of our class is about to be 3*. That aint landing you anywhere close to 300.

….and no, all of these guys rankings aren’t gonna just rise to composite 4*. 1-2 tops, too far of a jump to go for most of them.

I still have confidence we will pull some “whales” but 1/2 of our class is about to be 3*. That aint landing you anywhere close to 300.

….and no, all of these guys rankings aren’t gonna just rise to composite 4*. 1-2 tops, too far of a jump to go for most of them.

283 last year. I think we’ll scare that number before Mario is done but ultimately will end up around 270-275.

Advertisement

Feel like the 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️ we can actually land are Scott, Breland, Stewart, Patterson, Trader. I’m leaving Franklin off because I think he’s all Tenn. Felt like we were going to land 4/5 or 5/5 but now I feel like 2/5 is realistic.

Yup. Thsi is an exceptional year for DL. LOTS of good DL around. Heck, several schools have the potential to own the top DL recruiting class (with few recruit overlaps!).
Late to this but this is also why we don’t worry about numbers here. You take literally as many as humanly possible when you hit the lottery like this

It’s the best possible year to have this come together for us

Feel like the 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️ we can actually land are Scott, Breland, Stewart, Patterson, Trader. I’m leaving Franklin off because I think he’s all Tenn. Felt like we were going to land 4/5 or 5/5 but now I feel like 2/5 is realistic.
why-are-you-the-way-you-are-michael-scott-the-office-gif.gif

Advertisement
Back