2024 2024 DL T.A. Cunningham

I honestly don't know so this is why I am asking. Why do we offer and accept a commitment from Russell and not this kid?
This! Doesn't make any sense on the surface but there must be more to it. I just do not and will not believe that Mario and staff would slow play a kid like this knowing full well about all of the factors at play. He may have worked out privately. We know Mario has done his thing in silence and on the down low. I wouldn't be shocked if we have been secretly working on Cunningham. We will see very soon.

Advertisement
I know the big thing is that we asked him to workout and he said no thanks but I’m still hopeful that happens or if we come around and legit offer him. You always take kids like that and like you say, his brother is legit.
I get the whole working out in front of coaches thing, but didn’t we clown Napier for doing that last year and kids would spurn him?

Pretty sure his own fanbase was ridiculing him, as well as us.

I get the whole working out in front of coaches thing, but didn’t we clown Napier for doing that last year and kids would spurn him?

We clowned him for doing it with currently committed 4 stars when he just got there and signing day was like 3 weeks away. Big difference.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe there’s more to this. Like qualifying issues.
Well yeah, he will play ball in his third state this year. That and his film is just okay. Clearly athletic and a big kid but he kinda just bullies his way to tackles.

🤦🏽‍♂️ this the stuff I would expect from Manny & staff. Mario & company better get it together
I think Mario knows a thing or two about recruiting. If people on a message board knows someone is elite, so does every coach in the country.

You don’t tell the hottest girl in the room you are in love with her before she has a chance to like you.

1689530868378.png

Advertisement

Yeah could be a lot of things. Slow playing seems the most likely which could be the reason why the kid basically said “no thanks” to the offer

Then again if they weren’t slow playing him and really did want a workout and he said no, it kinda ties into the whole “culture/work ethic” thing that keeps getting brought up

Feels like slow playing while we were going after the “whales” higher on our board though

Three schools in three years in three states?
Is this correct?
Apologies for the ignorance but would that create an issue with his transcript?

Advertisement
Yeah could be a lot of things. Slow playing seems the most likely which could be the reason why the kid basically said “no thanks” to the offer

Then again if they weren’t slow playing him and really did want a workout and he said no, it kinda ties into the whole “culture/work ethic” thing that keeps getting brought up

Feels like slow playing while we were going after the “whales” higher on our board though
i think it was slow playing as well. you see all the guys they had high on their board....alot of those guys have fallen off...he or LJ Mcray should be priorities...they probably still are chasing the STONE longshot...

LJ Mccray, Cunningham, Ernest Willor, Franklin should all be priorites.

Also i dont understand chasing the Rudolph kid when you have a legacy in Booker Pickett you likely can grab as an undersized pass rusher whos in state.

i think it was slow playing as well. you see all the guys they had high on their board....alot of those guys have fallen off...he or LJ Mcray should be priorities...they probably still are chasing the STONE longshot...

LJ Mccray, Cunningham, Ernest Willor, Franklin should all be priorites.

Also i dont understand chasing the Rudolph kid when you have a legacy in Booker Pickett you likely can grab as an undersized pass rusher whos in state.
They obviously like Elias just that much more but I agree they are similar players. I think LJ been a priority regardless and it appears Wilor has been slow played by everyone for some reason.

They obviously like Elias just that much more but I agree they are similar players. I think LJ been a priority regardless and it appears Wilor has been slow played by everyone for some reason.
Yea they got hot on rudolph really quick an he just was down here a semester n played i a spring scrimmage.
I personally would hate losing P[ickett to FSU....Would end up similar to Payton for MNW who i wanted here as well

Yea they got hot on rudolph really quick an he just was down here a semester n played i a spring scrimmage.
I personally would hate losing P[ickett to FSU....Would end up similar to Payton for MNW who i wanted here as well
It becomes a numbers game with SFLA prospects. You just know some will hit and if any mid tier ones hit for a school like FSU it just hurts that much more.

Advertisement
Back