2022 Roster Discussion

Obviously things will change and hopefully there are a couple more additions, but an early guess at a depth chart with that roster:

C: Perez or Romero, Jones
1B: Kayfus, Gates
2B: Izarra, D Gonzalez
SS: Pitelli, Wallen
3B: Morales, Burke, Garcia
DH: Gates, Romero, Burke

Starting OF: Carrier, M Rosario, Burke
Backup OF: Jenkins, Long, R Gonzalez, Gutierrez, Villegas

Weekend SP: Rosario, Palmquist, McFarlane
Midweek SP: Garland or Ligon
Closer: Walters
Set Up: Bodanza, Arguelles, Dubberly, Ziehl, maybe Gates
Other RP: Anello, Rossow, Schlesinger, Regelado, Fairweather, Gallo, Henry
Ehhhhhh

can’t be much worse than last year I guess… Hope palm can manage the stretching out going to the starter role and of course the big elephant in the room the hitting needing to take a big step forward because last year was flat out embarrassing with as many experienced upper class men who couldn’t produce

Advertisement
Baseball America listed Burke as it's #44 transfer.

"Burke was a real catalyst for Southeastern Louisiana in his two seasons there. After hitting .313/.441/.521 in the shortened 2020 season, Burke was arguably the Lions’ best all-around threat offensively in 2021, despite his average dipping a bit over a full season. He led the team in home runs with nine and in stolen bases with 23, tied for second on the squad in doubles with 11 and was alone in second in RBI with 43. He will also provide some defensive versatility, as he saw significant time at third base, first base and left field last season. With some veteran players in the lineup moving on via the draft and transfer, Miami should have some at-bats available for a player of Burke’s quality."

Who is Gallo?

Edit: nm just saw it's Ronald Gallo

Last edited:
Who is Gallo?

Edit: nm just saw it's Ronald Gallo
His profile is…not so good. They must see tools they like or a mechanical tweak they can make to unlock performance.

He gave up HR’s, was hittable, hit a bunch of batters, threw wild pitches and had terrible control.

If he K’d a bunch of hitters I’d see more appeal, but he didn’t do that either.

The Vandy and SE Louisiana kids I can see playing a lot. This kid? Not as confident.

Advertisement
His profile is…not so good. They must see tools they like or a mechanical tweak they can make to unlock performance.

He gave up HR’s, was hittable, hit a bunch of batters, threw wild pitches and had terrible control.

The Vandy and SE Louisiana kids I can see playing a lot. This kid? Not as confident.
I see he also had 4 errors in 2021. Great pick-up.

Lottery ticket type I guess. He's 6-6, throws 91-94, and has good bite on his slider. Athletic with plenty of projection, but definitely needs work. I wouldn't expect much but there's potential with him.

Advertisement
2022 recruit, maybe. Mule and Green definitely won't go to college. Martin and Keels there's a chance
He’s well off bc of Tee. He’ll come solely if he wants to. If he makes the next jump most expect him too this fall/next spring he’s a top 100 pick. Through the roof potential wise.

Advertisement
Is this good? Obviously had TJ and missed last year but looking up the stats it seems like he may have been their closer in the really shortened Covid season?

Is this good? Obviously had TJ and missed last year but looking up the stats it seems like he may have been their closer in the really shortened Covid season?
Looks like PG had him rated very highly out of school, and the limited FIU numbers are promising albeit not against great competition. More than 18 months removed from TJ by the start of next season, seems like a good pickup.

Advertisement
Yes, Alex Torres is an excellent addition if his stuff and control come back. (Command/Control are the last things to come back after TJ, generally)

Seems like a purge was done… I’m guessing the upper class men about mutinied
You can take comments such as “he wants to sign” as a coach saying they’ll be moving on from the roster.

I’ve been told there was discontent with the upperclassmen and the coaching staff and most said they wouldn’t return for that reason.

Balancing act, as the players didn’t perform either.

Advertisement
Back