2022 Roster Discussion

You can take comments such as “he wants to sign” as a coach saying they’ll be moving on from the roster.

I’ve been told there was discontent with the upperclassmen and the coaching staff and most said they wouldn’t return for that reason.

Balancing act, as the players didn’t perform either.
Corroborates what I heard from a player relative.

Advertisement
I'm very confused by him. I don't follow baseball recruiting as close as football but I thought he was going to be the next big thing.
He never profiled that way. Expectations were too high on him mainly due to the hyperbolic statements that Gino tends to make.

Advertisement
Jenkins should just about end the underachieving upper class purge. I’m glad all these guys are gone. May be some growing pains next year but I think we’ll be better off in the long run. Not saying the upperclassman were bad dudes but we now know something was wrong in the locker room and a reset was needed

Jenkins should just about end the underachieving upper class purge. I’m glad all these guys are gone. May be some growing pains next year but I think we’ll be better off in the long run. Not saying the upperclassman were bad dudes but we now know something was wrong in the locker room and a reset was needed
I think it's the coach more than the players, but sure we need a fresh start. I just think whoever we bring in will regress like the players in the past and it will be the same story over again.

Last edited:
I think it's the coach more than the players, but sure we need a fresh start. I just think whoever we bring in will regress like the players in the past and it will be the same story over again.

team chemistry and player attitude sucked in the last 3 years under Morris.

he retires.

team chemistry and player attitude sucks under DiMare.

at some point, you have to think it's not all on the coaches. (although, that being said, I would not have hired DiMare to take over, but Blake is a moron, so that's what we have).

he retires.

at some point, you have to think it's not all on the coaches. (although, that being said, I would not have hired DiMare to take over, but Blake is a moron, so that's what we have).
If the players keep changing and the issues remain, it's probably fair to put a good portion of the blame on the coaches though. DiMare was the recruiting coordinator under Morris and now he's the head man in charge. Which means that everyone on the roster now, he's had a hand in recruiting and/or developing. So if the upperclassmen are regressing and fleeing the program en masse, there's one common denominator.

Advertisement

he retires.

If you continually recruit the wrong players from either a talent or attitude perspective, or the coaches just fail to set the culture, then that is on the coaches too.

If you continually recruit the wrong players from either a talent or attitude perspective, or the coaches just fail to set the culture, then that is on the coaches too.
That's why these next two years are so important IMO. DiMare needs to right the ship by the end of the '23 season, or it's time for him to go. I know some maintain he's untouchable, but at some point the pressure becomes too great on all involved to do anything but.

That's why these next two years are so important IMO. DiMare needs to right the ship by the end of the '23 season, or it's time for him to go. I know some maintain he's untouchable, but at some point the pressure becomes too great on all involved to do anything but.
It's why cronyism and nepotism are generally undesirable. Never hire someone you can't fire.

Advertisement
Certainly could very well be the case but we know Gino isn’t going anywhere unfortunately and the last thing I want to see is to run it back the same next season

Advertisement
I can't believe Toral is going to FSU...say what you want about his numbers and play but he has always been about Miami.

Advertisement
Back