2B Izarra
SS Pitelli
3B Yoyo
OF Burke
OF Carrier
OF Long/Gonzalez
DH Gates

Advertisement
We get extra bang for our scholarship buck with Carrier: He's also a pitcher.
A big, physical two-way athlete, Carrier is the top-ranked prep prospect out of Delaware and has real upside on both sides of the ball at the next level. Listed at 6-foot-4, 190 pounds, Carrier is an outfielder and righthanded pitcher who’s also a standout basketball player. He takes long strides in the outfield and looks like a gazelle tracking down balls, with plus arm strength. As a hitter, he has some raw power, but the approach needs more polish and his swing can get long at times. On the mound, Carrier has thrown in the 88-92 mph range with his fastball and he’s also shown good natural ability to spin a breaking ball. There’s a lot of untapped potential with Carrier on both sides of the ball, and as he continues to fill out and get reps he should add polish to what is an unrefined game at the moment. Carrier is committed to Miami and gets plenty of praise for his work ethic and makeup.

Advertisement
Freshman play and produce on every team in the country. It shouldn’t be out of the question for a top 100 guy to come in and start. Outside of CDC he’s better than the guys we ran out there this year.
Some do, some are not used to seeing ACC arms all weekend. By all regards he is a raw player and may need time to ease in. That was what I was saying

Some do, some are not used to seeing ACC arms all weekend. By all regards he is a raw player and may need time to ease in. That was what I was saying
Even if true, can't imagine he'd forego the draft to come to Miami if he thought he was going to sit a year. Also, if he's a legit Top 100 kid, we'll only get two years from him if we don't play him right away.

The onus is on these coaches to develop these stud freshmen a lot better and faster than they have the last 1 1/2 years. I am still trying to determine if there is a correlation between the 2019 team's decent development and the presence of Durkac.

Even if true, can't imagine he'd forego the draft to come to Miami if he thought he was going to sit a year. Also, if he's a legit Top 100 kid, we'll only get two years from him if we don't play him right away.

The onus is on these coaches to develop these stud freshmen a lot better and faster than they have the last 1 1/2 years. I am still trying to determine if there is a correlation between the 2019 team's decent development and the presence of Durkac.
I agree. But how many upperclassmen bats got better in the past 5 years? (No actual answer needed)

Color me happy he is coming but concerned we can do what needs to be done.

The Mederos news has me on tilt bro, I know you know your stuff but next year looks bleak right now unless we portal the White Sox lineup.

Advertisement
I agree. But how many upperclassmen bats got better in the past 5 years? (No actual answer needed)

Color me happy he is coming but concerned we can do what needs to be done.

The Mederos news has me on tilt bro, I know you know your stuff but next year looks bleak right now unless we portal the White Sox lineup.
No love for the Astro’s lineup?

LOL, the trashcan and sensors spoiled me on them, sorry man.
Hey if some fans wanna live in some Disney land of every other team doesn’t cheat, bend the rules, or smudges them so be it lol

Funny to me because the main folks all talked about doing it varying levels of similarity with different teams. But hey astros got caught with the stick

Hey if some fans wanna live in some Disney land of every other team doesn’t cheat, bend the rules, or smudges them so be it lol

Funny to me because the main folks all talked about doing it varying levels of similarity with different teams. But hey astros got caught with the stick
I won't get into it but that was some next level cheating even other cheaters frowned upon. Even convicts in prison have rules.

I was pulling for the Astros truth be told, so I'm not mad at em, just threw the WS out on a whim, no Astros hate here, spoiled me on bragging on there bata tho

Advertisement
I like it. Time for a clean break from the underachieving fat kids from the last few years.
Overall I like it but really wouldn't mind if Vilar and Gil returned to give the offense some already proven guys. I know Gil has his issues but with a young lineup i don't mind Gil at DH...guess we'll know soon enough

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back