2022 Roster Discussion

Blake has also played LF for SE Louisiana, so maybe he is our replacement for Lala. They will find a way to get his bat in the lineup.
That makes more sense to me than as a middle IF since we'd be bringing him for his bat, especially given our shaky OF situation. And I don't see Yoyo playing anywhere other than 3B.

Advertisement
so what are we looking like?

C- Perez
1B- Kayfus
2B- Izarra? Wallen? Vilar back?
3B- Morales
SS- Pitelli
LF- Burke
CF- Jenkins
RF- Long? Rivera back?
DH- Gil back?

Friday- Rosario
Saturday- Mederos
Sunday- McFarlane? Garland?

Bullpen- Walters, Bodanza, Palm

adding the kid with a nice bat from SE Louisiana is nice… but I’m still waiting to hear news about a new hitting coach

so what are we looking like?

C- Perez
1B- Kayfus
2B- Izarra? Wallen? Vilar back?
3B- Morales
SS- Pitelli
LF- Burke
CF- Jenkins
RF- Long? Rivera back?
DH- Gil back?

Friday- Rosario
Saturday- Mederos
Sunday- McFarlane? Garland?

Bullpen- Walters, Bodanza, Palm
I can get behind this lineup, McFarlane Saturday and Mederos Sun is my only change and Garland midweek. I love the bullpen, them some lockdown arms, only wish we extended them more like MSU does Sims

Pray for Jake to return and pitching SHOULD be really good. Need someone like Long to become a legit scrappy leadoff hitter.

Advertisement
Does Jake Smith think he'll improve his stock by staying here? I could see him transferring.

D1Baseball has Mederos listed in the portal. That surpasses Born as the biggest disappointment. I’m curious what happened to get him into the portal so late.

Last edited:
Really? I figured the only 2 options were go to the draft or come back here.
Unless he went into the portal yesterday those basically are his only options. Anyone going in from today on has to apply for a waiver like it was under the old system. Pretty sure he’s going high enough in the draft. We could really use him back after the Mederos news though.

Advertisement
D1Baseball has Mederos listed in the portal. That surpasses Born as the biggest disappointment. I’m curious what happened to get him into the portal so late.
Holy ****, is this for real??? This portal stuff is just too much.

Wow him and JD must have had a bad falling out… no trust to right the ship

Advertisement
Will be fun to watch Mederos dominate somewhere else. What a joke.
Man I really liked his stuff. Hate to point fingers after the fact but they left him too long a few times early and the season and he mentally broke down. I'm not mad at him, he has the stuff to make the Bigs. Hope there is a change of heart.

Man I really liked his stuff. Hate to point fingers after the fact but they left him too long a few times early and the season and he mentally broke down. I'm not mad at him, he has the stuff to make the Bigs. Hope there is a change of heart.
After he lost it, he was never given a real opportunity to get it back either. Idk that he could’ve made a Rosario like comeback but he deserved a chance to try.

After he lost it, he was never given a real opportunity to get it back either. Idk that he could’ve made a Rosario like comeback but he deserved a chance to try.
Didn’t they send him out for relief innings and he still got rocked ??

Idk if he was guaranteed a starting weekend spot during his recruitment but he flat out wasn’t ready and needed to be brought along slowly to get him ready

Advertisement
Once he was sailing that FSU Sat game and then blew it he was never the same. I bet he has coaches in line for his transfer

Holy ****, is this for real??? This portal stuff is just too much.
I had to read it three times before I believed it. Check out his last quote in the 247Sports article from a few days ago. Doesn’t sound remotely like someone who was planning to transfer

Mederos wasn't very impressive but yeah, surprised he wants out. This progrum is feeling a little toxic.

I had to read it three times before I believed it. Check out his last quote in the 247Sports article from a few days ago. Doesn’t sound remotely like someone who was planning to transfer

And the interview was from just a couple of days prior - something doesn't add up. If he was practically assured a weekend spot, why transfer somewhere else? I wonder if this means there is an unexpected returning pitcher or two.

Mederos is a draft eligible sophomore though, so, maybe he doesn't trust the Miami coaches any longer and is going to go start somewhere for a year and hope to then get drafted?

Advertisement
Back