2022 Roster Discussion

Lala, Jenkins, Rivera in the OF will be a sad sight.
puke GIF

Advertisement
If he goes first 10 rounds I will be shocked, he can't play in the field and strikes out at a torrid pace. I wish all Canes good luck but he is not near the lock you think. I feel bad for him tbh.
If he wants to sign for $5K or $10K he could be a money saver in the top-10 rounds. The draft does not draft on talent alone, they draft on tools and what the number to sign is.

Lala is in the transfer portal. I'd be surprised if he's back, but would welcome him back at this point.

Gino needs to make some real changes and it doesn't sound like he's changing hitting coach/RC.
Please tell me this is a joke??
How do you not replace the hitting coach after this years performance?

this is similar to Golden keeping Dorito

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm gonna send Gino some tape from my Bombers Slow Pitch softball team of me playing Rover. I still have 2 years of eligibility left and am 45 years old but he gonna need OF'ers.

Atlanta Braves Baseball GIF by Jomboy Media
The league I'm trying to join said my hitting was too good and it was a safety hazard, so I'm gonna try to get with Gino to see if he can regress my skills enough to get me in

Advertisement
Sounds like he got a shove into the portal
I can't hate on Lala, he achieved a dream I always had so even though he frustrated me to no end I wish him luck. It just stunk for him because once teams knew he didn't swing it well they quit hitting him/walking him and he was never the same LO batter after that and Gino just kept trotting him out there.....

I can't hate on Lala, he achieved a dream I always had so even though he frustrated me to no end I wish him luck. It just stunk for him because once teams knew he didn't swing it well they quit hitting him/walking him and he was never the same LO batter after that and Gino just kept trotting him out there.....

Lala basically overachieved the 1st month of his frosh year, then was mediocre the rest of his time here. He'll catch on somewhere I'm sure, but we either need Lo Carrier to make it to campus or Gino needs to find a OF who can lead off in the portal.

Out of the six guys that entered the portal, I think Born is the only one that is disappointing to lose

Lala basically overachieved the 1st month of his frosh year, then was mediocre the rest of his time here. He'll catch on somewhere I'm sure, but we either need Lo Carrier to make it to campus or Gino needs to find a OF who can lead off in the portal.

Out of the six guys that entered the portal, I think Born is the only one that is disappointing to lose
Kayfus can leadoff, but we still need OF help in a BAD WAY

Advertisement
Kayfus can leadoff, but we still need OF help in a BAD WAY

Yup. Infield should be set. Perez at C, Pitelli, Kayfus, Morales, and either Vilar/Izarra/Dorian Gonzalez at 2B. Gates prob at DH. OF who knows. Seems like Long and Rosario should return, 4 OF in the recruiting class but only Carrier seems like a freshman starter. They're going to have to find transfers like CDC to play immediately

He left with a classy interview - props to the young man and best of luck to him. That said, what's disappointing to me is that Born wasn't given more opportunities. Given the dearth of proven OFs, let's hope that Gino and him are having some heart to heart discussions about removing his name.

Advertisement
Back