2022 Roster Discussion

Irving Carter ranked 92 by BA and Lorenzo Carrier OF/RHP ranked 118 by BA are our two most likely recruits to turn pro. The same could have been said for Morales, Mederos and Rosario last year so we might get lucky and get both.

Advertisement
Toral said after the game yesterday that it was his last game. Fed’s answer seemed to be more along the lines of we’ll see how the draft goes.

Toral said after the game yesterday that it was his last game. Fed’s answer seemed to be more along the lines of we’ll see how the draft goes.
I'm not even sure Toral gets drafted in the new format

I'm not even sure Toral gets drafted in the new format
Could be feedback he’s gotten from scouts that he will get drafted or could be a willingness to sign as a UDFA for the proverbial bus ticket. Either way…. It’s crazy that he was a surefire first rounder after his junior year of high school.

Could be feedback he’s gotten from scouts that he will get drafted or could be a willingness to sign as a UDFA for the proverbial bus ticket. Either way…. It’s crazy that he was a surefire first rounder after his junior year of high school.
I could maybe see a late round flyer on him off power potential ............ MAYBE

Advertisement
What the **** happened to Toral between last season and this season? He was money in 2019 and was off to a good start before 2020 got cancelled.

What the **** happened to Toral between last season and this season? He was money in 2019 and was off to a good start before 2020 got cancelled.
What happens to most recent players here over time, they regress. His swing got worse and loopy and he looked lost at the plate and could not adjust to a shift at all when he did hit it.

What happens to most recent players here over time, they regress. His swing got worse and loopy and he looked lost at the plate and could not adjust to a shift at all when he did hit it.
Off the top of my head He put maybe 5-10 good swings on balls this year. That’s how brutal he was to watch on a nightly basis

Advertisement
Toral stuck out 51 times in 160 ABs and hit 7 HRs. Unreal for a guy that had the HS career and 2019 season he had. I actually feel bad for him.

Toral stuck out 51 times in 160 ABs and hit 7 HRs. Unreal for a guy that had the HS career and 2019 season he had. I actually feel bad for him.
It was honestly shocking to watch him and ADC this entire year. I kept waiting for them to break out and return to their previous form and it just never happened. Thought after the clemson series Toral was gna rake the rest of the year...not even close

Advertisement
It was honestly shocking to watch him and ADC this entire year. I kept waiting for them to break out and return to their previous form and it just never happened. Thought after the clemson series Toral was gna rake the rest of the year...not even close
Him, ADC, Gil, Rivers and Lala all regressed badly and Jenkins never could hit. Unreal.

Nationwide recruiting, enough of the Dade players. Seem like good kids, just no fire or love of the game is the feel I get from most of them.

Advertisement
Nationwide recruiting, enough of the Dade players. Seem like good kids, just no fire or love of the game is the feel I get from most of them.
I agree and is why I'd try to get Durkac back. There's a lot of a talent in the Midwest that would love to play year-round outdoors.

It's a 20 round draft, he will certainly get drafted. His power is legit and teams will bet on the freshman and sophomore season. Depending on how much he wants to sign for, he might go in the first 10 rounds as a money saver.

It's a 20 round draft, he will certainly get drafted. His power is legit and teams will bet on the freshman and sophomore season. Depending on how much he wants to sign for, he might go in the first 10 rounds as a money saver.
If he goes first 10 rounds I will be shocked, he can't play in the field and strikes out at a torrid pace. I wish all Canes good luck but he is not near the lock you think. I feel bad for him tbh.

Born and Thomas are both in the portal. Not a single position player and just three pitchers from the fall 2019 freshman class made it to their junior year. That’s really a remarkable disaster of a highly ranked class. Born is an unfortunate surprise from the most recent freshman class.

Advertisement
Back