2022 Roster Discussion

I just noticed Lala is in the portal too. We have several freshman outfielders coming in, but we could use a portal outfielder too.

Advertisement
I just noticed Lala is in the portal too. We have several freshman outfielders coming in, but we could use a portal outfielder too.
Not surprising, I guess. But if he gets serious about S&C in the offseason, he could still be a starter for someone. I liked his table-setting ability when he first came up and thought he was going to be our lead-off hitter for 3 - 4 years.

What happened in 2021, anyone know? He didn't seem to be engaged or enjoying himself as much, even when he was playing Ok.

Born and Thomas are both in the portal. Not a single position player and just three pitchers from the fall 2019 freshman class made it to their junior year. That’s really a remarkable disaster of a highly ranked class. Born is an unfortunate surprise from the most recent freshman class.
Are we gonna have 9 position players? Holy ****, Born was talked about all off season and now him and Thomas are both gone?

Gino ****** up bad man

Not surprising, I guess. But if he gets serious about S&C in the offseason, he could still be a starter for someone. I liked his table-setting ability when he first came up and thought he was going to be our lead-off hitter for 3 - 4 years.

What happened in 2021, anyone know? He didn't seem to be engaged or enjoying himself as much, even when he was playing Ok.
He got hit and walked a bunch the 1/2 season in 19 he was actually a good leadoff. In my eyes teams knew to just not walk him or hit him and keep him off the bases and he was a .200 hitter and not a good leadoff. That's what my eyes tell me anyhow.

BUT he got worse, ADC got worse, Toral got worse, Gil got worse, Vilar stayed level fort he most part. If all those guys leave and the portal guys leave I may be playing RF, I still have 2 years of eligibility left after my 2 years at Carl Albert JUCO.

HIT ME UP GINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are we gonna have 9 position players? Holy ****, Born was talked about all off season and now him and Thomas are both gone?

Gino ****** up bad man
Yeah, wasn't Born supposedly the best hitter during the Fall? Gino gave up on him after what 20 AB?

Advertisement
Born and Thomas are both in the portal. Not a single position player and just three pitchers from the fall 2019 freshman class made it to their junior year. That’s really a remarkable disaster of a highly ranked class. Born is an unfortunate surprise from the most recent freshman class.
Gino had better be chopping wood himself in the portal and w JC transfers or we'll struggle even more to score runs next year, if that's possible.

Gino ****** up bad man
Thomas falls into the category of Perez better be good, because I think this was coming from the moment Perez jumped him as Del’s backup. Born I didn’t see coming. It still sounded like Gino was still high on him last month. Let’s hope CDC comes back and Carrier makes it to campus.

Thomas falls into the category of Perez better be good, because I think this was coming from the moment Perez jumped him as Del’s backup. Born I didn’t see coming. It still sounded like Gino was still high on him last month. Let’s hope CDC comes back and Carrier makes it to campus.
For sure, I am beyond worried about our batting lineup right now. Was hoping Thomas would stay and play OF along with Born. Position wise that almost had turned into a ZERO Class.

Advertisement
OF right now: Long, Mike Rosario, four freshman signees led by Carrier.

There’s also the possibility of CDC and, please don’t throw things at me, Jenkins/Rivera still have eligibility.

Ultimately, we’ll use the portal just like everyone else with the new transfer rule and I’m not sure Born leaves under the old rules.

I can’t come up with a backup first baseman unless Gil comes back and we feel a little light at catcher now. Those might be portal spots in addition to second base.

Advertisement
“Everything is fine,” but people are jumping ship like it’s the Titanic. Gino turned into Larranaga overnight.

The development with the hitters the last 2 years has been atrocious. I’m not surprised some players are looking to get out. I think Lopez gets let go and we bring in a new hitting coach with a new group of hitters and hope for the best. That’s the Miami way.

Advertisement
The development with the hitters the last 2 years has been atrocious. I’m not surprised some players are looking to get out. I think Lopez gets let go and we bring in a new hitting coach with a new group of hitters and hope for the best. That’s the Miami way.
The hitting coach losing his job should be obvious.... Not to the same level of Dorito or Enos level of complete ineptitude.... but **** did no one get better or even average at least. They all sucked

**** shocked Born went in. Seemed like he had a great chance to start. Who the heck is gonna be in the OF...roster quickly thinning out. I wonder if Rivera is gone for sure? I'm honestly hoping Vilar and Gil come back to have a little bit of veteran presence

He got hit and walked a bunch the 1/2 season in 19 he was actually a good leadoff. In my eyes teams knew to just not walk him or hit him and keep him off the bases and he was a .200 hitter and not a good leadoff. That's what my eyes tell me anyhow.

BUT he got worse, ADC got worse, Toral got worse, Gil got worse, Vilar stayed level fort he most part. If all those guys leave and the portal guys leave I may be playing RF, I still have 2 years of eligibility left after my 2 years at Carl Albert JUCO.

HIT ME UP GINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You would be an upgrade over a couple of guys who got playing time this year.

Advertisement
Back